Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D + 2D Blu-ray Slipcover) [Taiwan]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: 13th August, 2014
Purchase link: N/A yet

20140711610659.jpg

Audio: English DTS-HD 7.1 & Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese, Thai Dolby 5.1
Subtitle: English, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Cantonese, India, Malaysia, Spain, Portuguese, Korean
Run Time: 126
Screen: HD 1080 / 2.40:1

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my copy today and to be honest, I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for some embossing but it's completely flat. Both spines are identical with a red sheen. Apologies for the poor quality photos by the way.

The Taiwan Steelbook is embossed, feel the shape of the opening of the door and the metal armour, the 1/4 slip blends in beautifully with the steel. This is one of the best taiwain Slip done this year and will probably be the most beautiful Steel with slip... the red slip does cover the spine yes but i think it's title less.. the Amaray slip on is not gonna have any treatment but he doesn't have his helmet on(on the north american he does) and he doesn't have his helmet. The Traditional Writing is Chinese makes this elegant on both releases... you know often the things I end up loving the most are the ones I didn't like much to start with, but please take each one in your hands and try to see it from a different point of view... when side by side on a bookshelf the slip on cover with the chinese writing makes this look so pretty...also pay attention to the shrink wrap on the steel, it's thick and folded like a gift, it's not just melted down and stretched plastic...it is a quality factory seal... Deltamac the production company that produces the taiwan Steel for Marvel really did a beautiful, gorgeous work on the steel, even the sticker just adds that foreign little extra touch and was made to not be a sore eye... I hope you can get to see the beauty in what you have....

Last edited:
The Taiwan Steelbook is embossed, feel the shape of the opening of the door and the metal armour, the 1/4 slip blends in beautifully with the steel. This is one of the best taiwain Slip done this year and will probably be the most beautiful Steel with slip... the red slip does cover the spine yes but i think it's title less.. the Amaray slip on is not gonna have any treatment but he doesn't have his helmet on(on the north american he does) and he doesn't have his helmet. The Traditional Writing is Chinese makes this elegant on both releases... you know often the things I end up loving the most are the ones I didn't like much to start with, but please take each one in your hands and try to see it from a different point of view... when side by side on a bookshelf the slip on cover with the chinese writing makes this look so pretty...also pay attention to the shrink wrap on the steel, it's thick and folded like a gift, it's not just melted down and stretched plastic...it is a quality factory seal... Deltamac the production company that produces the taiwan Steel for Marvel really did a beautiful, gorgeous work on the steel, even the sticker just adds that foreign little extra touch and was made to not be a sore eye... I hope you can get to see the beauty in what you have....

I hope that my post didn't give the impression that I dislike the slipcase because I really like the design and the Chinese writing.

For some inexplicable reason I thought that there might have been some embossing to the title similar to the steelbook, or even a lenticular image; hence my initial disappointment. However, it is a really nice slip and matches the steelbook perfectly.

Although I haven't opened it as yet, there may be some debossing to the title on the front because if I run a finger over the text I can feel some texture. I will post again if this is the case. As for the 'helmet on or off', I prefer 'off', but there is a small photo on the spine with helmet on and the amaray inside may well have the alternate design. :)

I have to agree that the steelbook is stunning and looks great alongside Thor 2 and Iron Man 3.

I hope that my post didn't give the impression that I dislike the slipcase because I really like the design and the Chinese writing.

For some inexplicable reason I thought that there might have been some embossing to the title similar to the steelbook, or even a lenticular image; hence my initial disappointment. However, it is a really nice slip and matches the steelbook perfectly.

Although I haven't opened it as yet, there may be some debossing to the title on the front because if I run a finger over the text I can feel some texture. I will post again if this is the case. As for the 'helmet on or off', I prefer 'off', but there is a small photo on the spine with helmet on and the amaray inside may well have the alternate design. :)

I have to agree that the steelbook is stunning and looks great alongside Thor 2 and Iron Man 3.

Yes Taiwan slip there is no/never to my recollection embossing on the nice chinese writing covering up the spine, but on thor 2 and CA 2 they did some wonderful embossing and blending in smoothly with the steel on the bottom front of the 1/4 slip(the title embossing is on the slip cover only). Yes what you feel on the slip cover the title it is embossed as well as the shield, but just to warn you if you open it, this is a ''title less'' steel. There won't be a title under your slip cover.

but glad you like it, I guess it sounded that you were more disappointed that you actually were... sorry about that It's hard to read someone's feeling sometimes because the way it's written and perceived...the joys of communication online :)

but glad you like it !

Reactions: lenticularis