Captain Marvel (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 15, 2019
Purchase links: 3D+2D - 4K+2D - Collector's Edition 3D+2D - Collector's Edition 4K+2D
Price: £24.99 (3D+2D) - £32.99 (4K+2D) - £59.99 (CE 3D+2D) - £67.99 (CE 4K+2D)
Notes: Collector's Editions limited to 1000 units worldwide.

12061642-6104671963506406.jpg12060728-2104655930386707.jpg
12061642-1664671963753828.jpg12061642-6724671963994956.jpg12061642-1184671964148148.jpg12060728-2544655600626086.jpg12060728-4784655600735370.jpg12060728-9664655601223308.jpg12060728-1474655600982816.jpg
12061642-9684655423233461.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: snooloui
paul you have to learn when people are being sarcastic:D

basil :hilarious:

Your post was not sarcasm
I know lot about been sarcastic more than you realise as I use it a lot :hilarious:

Come to Ireland and see sarcasm in use at it's best Irish are well known for it :LOL:

Hate to say it but whenever Zavvi try and jump on the bandwagon with something popular it always ends up a steaming pile of crap.

Just look at the Z boxes they produced when they got into that after mystery boxes started getting big... wish what people paid for this you were better off waiting for an Asian premium edition

• Thanks
Reactions: RavenGunner
I'm a little surprised by the comments. Of the editions that are in great condition, this looks pretty awesome in my opinion. I just think the $75 (usa) price tag is a tad too much. Tho with it being sold out guess that wont be changing much. if the Pin quality was like top notch pin quality then I think the 75 would make more sense, but i can see those arent.

Biggest problem is they are not equipped to package something with "care" thus many will get damages big or small, and with the price being paid no one should have any damages unless we're talking like super ocd stuff.

Would of preferred this if they were proper pins. Made well

Well, it looks like this new collectors edition is going down well....!!!! Not!

My payment failed on my edition as the funds were not available. I am glad that I did not re-submit my order for payment going by the comments and how unfortunate the overall thing is... IE, pins, cheap box materials and it's packaging. I have Endgame on order too, but I am going to cancel that one, and Captain Marvel. Very poor effort on Zaavi, or whoever is responsible for the approval of the product considering there are far more and better premium editions forthcoming from other retailers.

Still looking forward to my normal 3D steelbook however which is en-route.

Feel sorry for the guys who had shelled out already for this and disappointed on what they got.

I think if I had received that in the post for £70 I would want to stamp on it and return it to be honest.
Christ on a Bike .... the bellend of the year award goes to Zavvi for trying to charge nearly 70 notes for this ****.

Reactions: yeslek
I’m a bit surprised by all the recent posts. I got the 3D CE and I’m pleased with what I received. It’s in good condition and I removed the backing cover ok without any marks, so it’s a thumbs up from me. I like the fact that it’s Marvel, it lights up which looks great and it also looks awesome on the shelf.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
I’m a bit surprised by all the recent posts. I got the 3D CE and I’m pleased with what I received. It’s in good condition and I removed the backing cover ok without any marks, so it’s a thumbs up from me. I like the fact that it’s Marvel, it lights up which looks great and it also looks awesome on the shelf.

I think when people were receiving films such as Aquaman Manta & Zeta just days earlier and then days later this comes through the door, it sort of casts a little cloud over the day.

Reactions: djjez83
Poor ol' Zavvi . . . can do no right despite sending out collector's editions in boxes instead of bubble mailers - admittedly not correct type of boxes for the majority but still infinitely better than the alternative . . . sending packages upgraded to tracked instead of standard . . . getting blamed for the design (lol) and price (lol again) . . . almost feel sorry for them getting bashed around the head by the few vociferous unhappy punters.
uS3bYAN.gif

To be perfectly blunt, the CE is probably some of the worst packaging I’ve seen. I’ve cancelled Endgame and Spidey CE’s. Very disappointing considering the price.

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83
Wow, my mate just told me and sent a pic of his collectors box, and it's f'ing SPINE SLASHED :mad: , it was in a box though.... theres some denting on the edge where the knife pressed into it by the looks of it, I've attached the image....

Also, my standard steelbook didn't arrive, so will be Monday I guess.

I feel really sorry for everyone who has received theres, it looks like a poor quality cash grab, the only redeeming feature appears to be the light up feature which seems to have impressed, and of course the steelbook within but the rest appears to be a bit rubbish. Hes sending it back.

….and i'm cancelleing my order for the Endgame and Spidey 3d boxsets i pre-ordered. No way am I forking out for garbage like this....:stop:

Wish I could see the looks of zavvi employees when they see the flood of complaints and returns, and the Endgame cancellations. They deserve it (though technically NOT there fault, but Disneys) Maybe lessons can be learned from this fiasco. In time for Endgame, but I wouldn't count on it....:dunno:
View attachment 437848

The spine slash is absolutely Zavvis fault. As is the poor packaging.

Do any of you actually open these?

Last edited:
Poor ol' Zavvi . . . can do no right despite sending out collector's editions in boxes instead of bubble mailers - admittedly not correct type of boxes for the majority but still infinitely better than the alternative . . . sending packages upgraded to tracked instead of standard . . . getting blamed for the design (lol) and price (lol again) . . . almost feel sorry for them getting bashed around the head by the few vociferous unhappy punters.
View attachment 437967

Some people have got them in plastics bags, which is shocking, yeah?