Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers

Director: Akiva Schaffer

Cast: John Mulaney, Andy Samberg, Kate Chen

Release: 2022-05-20

Plot: A live-action film featuring animated version of Disney's chipmunks, Chip and Dale.

Absolutely loved this. It’s like a modern day who framed roger rabbit and I’m proper happy that they randomly decided to go that route with these characters and world

It’s really nostalgic id say for people my age group but Disney have seriously surprised me with this one and what they kind of get away with and the darker adult jokes. Thought all the characters, cameos, animation styles and story was great.

I really hope we get a steelbook for this. Probably unlikely but it’s surprisingly a great film.

Uncanny valley and the ugly sonic sonic moments just got me. And Monty acting like a failed actor with a cocaine problem (cheese). I’d also love to see some Muppet Fight Clubs!

Absolutely loved this. It’s like a modern day who framed roger rabbit and I’m proper happy that they randomly decided to go that route with these characters and world

It’s really nostalgic id say for people my age group but Disney have seriously surprised me with this one and what they kind of get away with and the darker adult jokes. Thought all the characters, cameos, animation styles and story was great.

I really hope we get a steelbook for this. Probably unlikely but it’s surprisingly a great film.

Uncanny valley and the ugly sonic sonic moments just got me. And Monty acting like a failed actor with a cocaine problem (cheese). I’d also love to see some Muppet Fight Clubs!
Surprise hit of the year for me. Trailer looked great anyway, but I still wasn't prepared for just how much fun and tongue-in-cheek it would actually be. Definitely a film you need to see multiple times just to spot all the cool cameos lol.

Like Flloydo and Noodles said, it's really fun and jam-packed with pop culture references and gags, that one probably won't notice everything on first viewing.
It is 'meta' and 'self-aware' again, kind of like the first half of the new Matrix, and it's aimed at people who grew up on the show, and would buy/watch this with their kids as an excuse, although they probably won't know or appreciate more, than half of what's going on.
Voice actors are different, from the show, only Gadget is voiced by the same actress, but she didn't sound like she's got a mouthful of something 30 years ago - bad fixtures? Gadget was my first crush, even before I even understood what I was feeling, I'm sure I'm not alone!
They made fun of a bad cover song, and did exactly that, play a horrible auto-tuned, or whatever that distortion for singers without a voice is called, and didn't play the original, even at the very end.

EBAB59AE-8B01-4434-A1F6-3641DBA744E2.png

• Haha
Reactions: Lenny Nero
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database