City of the Living Dead (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 20th, 2014
Purchase link: City of the Living Dead (live!!!)
Price:
£17.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 278
Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody have knowledge on whether or not this is going to be released again later through the arrow shop like The Beyond was?

Its possible this may happen but with this release this but will only happen if Zavvi are unable to sell out their stock of 2000

If Zavvi cant shift 2000 units Arrow Video would be willing to take any unsold stock and then make available for sale on Arrow Video online shop

But with this release I don't see that happening

The previous Zavvi exclusive The Beyond - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook was different this was an exclusive for a limited period only with Zavvi not a limited print run
After that time period lapsed it was made available for sale with Arrow Video Online and other retailers

That's not the case with these new Arrow Video Steelbooks given to Zavvi as exclusives they are limited to 2000 (3000 limited for Day of the Dead) and not limited time period exclusive releases but if they cant sell these then Arrow Video will take back any unsold stock

Source From Arrow Video
This question was asked and the reply was it will only be available from us if there is stock left in a few months time. If this is one you are keen to pick up we would suggest you purchase direct from Zavvi.

Last edited:
I love, love, love the artwork, but I already have the slipbox version which is pretty great. So I'm just having a tough time pulling the trigger on a double dip for this title. But man, that art is too sick.

If we have now had Zombie Flesh Eaters, The Beyond and now City of The Living Dead, then surely it is only a matter of time till House By The Cemetery arrives on the scene

i just got myself the soundtrack on vinyl as a warmup for the upcoming steelbook.

red vinyl limited to 250 copies worldwide (including 2 posters)
label: stella edizioni musicali

2014-05-27 18.14.06.jpg

2014-05-27 18.13.51.jpg

2014-05-27 18.12.30.jpg

can't wait for the steelbook! i love the fulci horror classics! :oohyeah:

10171654_778465012187495_4974691667378397007_n.jpg

This June, Arrow Video will be celebrating its 5 year anniversary with a host of special announcements being made in the coming weeks to commemorate its 5th birthday!

To kick the celebrations off, 6 x specially re-packaged SteelBooks will be released exclusively via Zavvi starting on 23rd June with the release of Maniac Cop and followed by Day of the Dead on the 30th June. Shortly thereafter Arrow Video will release Black Sunday, Inferno, City of the Living Dead and Phenomena as part of this special commemorative SteelBook re-issue.

In one of these Limited Edition SteelBooks, we will place a Golden Ticket, for which one lucky fan will win the entire Arrow Video back-catalogue and all upcoming 2014 titles*.

This will be followed throughout the year with a host of further celebrations including talent-led fan-events, unique merchandise and exciting interactive competitions for fans to take part.

Stay tuned for further announcements and some very exciting content in the coming weeks!

*Where titles are still in-print

From Arrow Video Facebook
10366094_783346741699322_5502001198646402203_n.jpg

This is the actual Golden ticket that's in one of these 6 Zavvi Exclusive Arrow Video Steelbooks

Maniac Cop
Day of the Dead
Black Sunday
Inferno
City of the Living Dead
Phenomena

Good luck to who ever Wins this fantastic prize

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Limited Edition SteelBook packaging
- High Definition digital transfer of the Theatrical Version, presented totally uncut!
- 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound and Stereo Audio
- Audio commentary with Giovanni Lombardo Radice
- Audio Commentary with Catriona Macoll and Jay Slater
- The Many Lives And Deaths of Giovanni Lombardo Radice
- Penning Some Paura - Dardano Sacchetti Remembers City of the Living Dead
- Profondo Luigi - A Colleague’s Memories of Lucio Fulci
- Fulci’s Daughter - Memories of the Italian Gore Meastro
- Carlo of the Living Dead - Surviving Fulci Fear
- Fulci in the House: The Italian Master of Splatter
- Dame of the Dead
- Live from the Glasgow Theatre
- Gallery of the Living Dead
- Original Theatrical trailer
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Calum Waddell

Region: 0
Rating: 18
Duration: 93 mins
Language: English
Subtitles: English (Extra features only)
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Audio: 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound/5.1/2.0/1.0
Colour: Colour

I hope Arrow Video learn their lesson from this cock-up, and go back to listing their SteelBooks on Amazon, instead of offering Zavvi the exclusive. I know they are just a small indie studio publishing obscure films and need all the support they can get, but do they really need the support of Zavvi when they give such poor service?