Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Blu-ray SteelBook) [France]

Jul 2, 2013
France
Release date: February 24, 2016
Purchase link: amazon.fr
Price: €14.99
Notes: WEA

Capture d’écran 2015-12-15 à 22.18.12.png

- The banner at the bottom says "Top 3 reasons to see this film". The banner at the top seems part of a J-card.
- Part of Collection Topito, a French wave of 12 Sony steelbooks including:
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (exclusive art)
  • Snatch (exclusive art)
  • Tintin and the Secret of the Unicorn (exclusive art, technically - the 2012 Auchan exclusive didn't have a title)
  • Hancock (same front artwork as the Dutch stickerbook)
  • The Amazing Spider-Man (same artwork as the Best Buy exclusive)
  • Elysium (WWA - re-release / previously an Amazon.fr exclusive)
  • Django Unchained (WWA - re-release)
  • White House Down (WWA - re-release)
  • MIIIB (WWA - re-release)
  • Hook (WWA)
  • Jumanji (WWA)

Last edited by a moderator:
All this "topito collection" will be Futurepak !

Please provide link so we can all make sure it will be Futurepak. Thanks!

Edit: I've checked everywhere and there is no mention of Futurepak. Steelbook is mentioned on several sites and I'm quite sure all Topito collection items will be steelbooks.

Last edited:
Answer from amazon.fr states the following:

Message du Service Client Amazon.fr

Hello,

I have received your message and thank you for contacting Amazon.fr.

After your message, I did research and I can confirm that you have ordered Steelbooks.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you need other assistance, we are always at your disposal.

I hope this information will be useful.

See you on Amazon.fr.

Answer from amazon.fr states the following:

Message du Service Client Amazon.fr

Hello,

I have received your message and thank you for contacting Amazon.fr.

After your message, I did research and I can confirm that you have ordered Steelbooks.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you need other assistance, we are always at your disposal.

I hope this information will be useful.

See you on Amazon.fr.

I hope you know that "Service Client Amazon" isn't able to answer to a question like that !

I hope you know that "Service Client Amazon" isn't able to answer to a question like that !

Well, if they can't answer, nobody can.
I made an iquiry about two specific items which I've ordered and that was their answer.
Amazon.fr responded that they are both Steelbooks.

If it happens they are not, I will get a refund. Simple as pie :thumbs:

By the way, "Service Client Amazon" means Customer Service so don't know who I should be getting an answer from :rolleyes:

@djfab, please tell me who at amazon is able to answer my questions. Thanks!

Well, if they can't answer, nobody can.
I made an iquiry about two specific items which I've ordered and that was their answer.
Amazon.fr responded that they are both Steelbooks.

If it happens they are not, I will get a refund. Simple as pie :thumbs:

By the way, "Service Client Amazon" means Customer Service so don't know who I should be getting an answer from :rolleyes:

@djfab, please tell me who at amazon is able to answer my questions. Thanks!

"Well, if they can't answer, nobody can." -> o_O

You see a photo, it's a good proof. And steelbookpro says that it's confirmed by 2 sources that it's futurepak "il ne s’agira pas de steelbooks de type stickerbook mais de metalpaks (= futurepaks). Cela a été confirmé par deux sources différentes."

It's not he first time that the artwork on amazon is wrong ! And it's not written "steelbook" !

Reactions: eLviS1987
You trust Amazon Customer Service more than live pics? :confused::whistle:

Yes and it's a live pic for one of them, haven't seen the other 13 anywhere, yet.
Once amazon.fr asures me that they are steelbooks and I receive metalpaks, I get a full refund without returning the items.

"Well, if they can't answer, nobody can." -> o_O

You see a photo, it's a good proof. And steelbookpro says that it's confirmed by 2 sources that it's futurepak "il ne s’agira pas de steelbooks de type stickerbook mais de metalpaks (= futurepaks). Cela a été confirmé par deux sources différentes."

It's not he first time that the artwork on amazon is wrong ! And it's not written "steelbook" !

It's also not the first time I've ordered an edition boitier metal from amazon.fr and got a steelbook in the mail.

Nobody at Topito hasn't confirmed that they are Futurepaks. When they do that, I'll cancel my order blitz like :)