[CLOSED]Antman's Source Code Mini-Group Buy Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antman

Steelbook Avenger
Premium Supporter
Feb 26, 2011
Lincolnshire, UK
This thread is to keep those that have asked me to purchase a copy of Source Code (UK -Play.com exclusive) updated with progress as we near release date on 15th August 2011. Please post any questions here rather than PM me, as I'm sure others will have the same question :)

I have tried to order 8 copies of this steelbook and whilst I've heard nothing from Play to say these won't all be sent out, it's still possible they will limit buyers to 5 copies as they have done previously (i.e. Predators).

The other issue that everyone needs to be aware of is that Play.com tend to post all items out in jiffy bags rather than decent boxes - this means that damage to steelbooks is a possibility :( This is obviously completely out of my hands and we will just have to wait and see what condition they all arrive in.

For 100% clarity I want to stress that I will allocate the steelbooks to people in the order shown below - this represents the order in which individuals approached me after I posted in my trade thread here and on BR.

1) Me (opened on 20/08 and dented!! :( ...going back to Play.com)
2) Benzgrl payment received -shipped 16/08/11 -tracking no. sent by PM
3 & 4) Top Cat (part of multi-part trade) confirmed trade -2 x steelbook shipped 16/08/11 -tracking no. sent by PM
5) RobertJoseph17 (trade for 2 x Disney cases) confirmed trade -shipped 16/08/11 - tracking no. sent by PM
6) Vinnyt (trade for Heat) response from Vinnyt received -trade cancelled 21/08/11 - keeping this copy for now
7) Steelie payment made - steelbook posted and tracking no. sent to Steelie by PM :)15/08/11
8) Sold to another forum member - shipped 18/08/11
9) Sold to another forum member- shipped 18/08/11
10) Kept for own collection (see 1 above!)
11) Sold on eBay :(

Below I have indicated the expected timeline for processing the steelbooks once they arrive;

1) Steelbooks arrive from Play.com(between 12th -15th August - not sure how early Play ship)- I will check each one as best I can for any obvious signs of damage (guys I can't see under the paperwork!).

NOTE
Like all of us that want to receive a sealed copy of any steelbook, we're sharing the risk that there may be some unseen paintwork issues or a tiny dint under the slip cover, etc. Rest assured I will check each copy VERY thoroughly, but I don't want any comeback if you decide to open the steelbook and find a problem. If you're not happy with that please let me know, so I can withdraw you from the list.

2) PM to each of the above forum members
I will send everyone a PM the day the steelbooks arrive and confirm whether or not I have a mint copy for you. You then need to confirm within 48 hours that you still want the steelbook and then either pay (via Paypal inc fees) or confirm dispatch schedule for any trade.

A kind request If you have already sourced a copy of this steelbook, can I politely ask that you let me know and drop out of this group buy and allow somebody else the chance to pick up a copy (there are plenty of people waiting in the wings!). I only set out to assist overseas forum members who really wanted this and were struggling to get it. I'd rather not see people securing a 2nd copy to go off and do some hard trade bargaining with (I know this one is going to be worth a fair bit of collateral, but that's not why I did this, so let's share the love, eh?:drool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.