Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
51nNPD%2BoXJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is a group buy for the TRUE GRIT & Universum steelbooks from GERMANY. Release date of June 30th, 2011 & July 8th, 2011.

h68w-1g.jpg

h68w-1d.jpg

h68w-1e.jpg

h68w-1f.jpg

h68w-1h.jpg

h68w-1i.jpg

h68w-1j.jpg

h68w-1k.jpg

h68w-1l.jpg

h68w-1m.jpg

h68w-1n.jpg

h68w-1o.jpg

ALL PURCHASES ARE DONE THROUGH REFERRAL LINKS TO SUPPORT THIS SITE.

Paramount has distributed REGION FREE blu-ray discs in Germany before (see Transformers, Collateral, Event Horizon, ETC).

RATINGS LOGO SHOULD BE A STICKER.

$35.83 for True Grit SHIPPED TO US members INCLUDING PAYPAL FEES (add $1 for Canada)
(that is with 04/15/11 exchange - it might drop a bit before release)

$26.04 EACH Universum title BEFORE SHIPPING TO US members INCLUDING PAYPAL FEES (Canada ask for quote)

WILL COMBINE SHIPPING ON MULTIPLE PURCHASES VIA USPS PRIORITY MAIL.

How I determine cost -> exact steelbook cost + any fees (credit card currency fees, etc) + a small amount for me.

Normal rules apply - all members of the group buy assume a similar risk - if a steelbook comes in with a small ding, there's nothing I can do about that. However, I will use a random number generator to "pick" who gets any damaged copy.

There should be NOTHING that is majorly damaged - things usually arrive from amazon.de in fine shape.

If you have a trading score smaller than 5 - payment is required up front, unless you have participated in a group buy with me before. I cannot be stuck with unclaimed copies.

STEELBOOK mail costs:
Mailing 1st Class USPS in a box - likely around $3.50 for one copy. Can do $5 Priority Mail (on the east coast) for two. EXACT shipping will be charged and I don't ship media mail for steelbooks. 1st class for 1 - otherwise it's priority mail.

Last edited:
True Grit will be shipping tomorrow - I'll pm folks on the requested list for payment after that - hopefully you'll see something from me in the next couple of days.

Revised price for True Grit on the group buy is $35.97 shipped including fees.

PM requesting payment to folks shortly.

Anyone know where the specs for the universum titles can be found? Thanks

A couple that have been already released as amarays should match the specs of the steelbooks on amazon.de

We can also ask some members to take a photo of the back or let us know when they are released next week.

A couple that have been already released as amarays should match the specs of the steelbooks on amazon.de

We can also ask some members to take a photo of the back or let us know when they are released next week.

Thanks for the info. I mean I am getting what I requested either way. Just thought I'd get a jump on region/spec stuff...

Amazon.de is preparing these for shipping. Since I've ordered enough of these, they should be shipped via DHL (not DHLGA) and reach us faster.

I'll be sending folks on the Universum list a PM a lit bit later today. Some of you will receive an invoice as well, others I'll have to discuss further before billing.

An invoice or PM were sent to all requesting members where payment is due. Please PM with any questions.

Thank you.

Updated OP, thanks to everyone for the timely payments. They have yet to enter the US, but hoping that will be soon... :cool:

Just an update - checked tracking this AM - still hasn't been scanned into the US.

Estimated delivery date was 7/25, but we might be looking at next week when I get them.

I'll keep posting updates here as I know more. ;)

Reactions: Colombianlove41
Tracking has been updated in Egham, GB & that it's stuck in customs.

I have no idea why it would have been "hijacked" in the UK as things usually go Germany -> United States.

I've contacted amazon.de and they stated we have to wait until August 3rd for me to request a reshipment...

I'm about to log an investigation with DHL global...

This is messy. :(

EDIT:
Response from amazon.de said:
Thank you for contacting Amazon.de.

I am very sorry to hear about the delay.

I have checked your order (for order number see subject line) and can confirm that it was sent out from our fulfillment centre in Germany on 07.07.2011 per DHLGA_US_DIRECT_INJECTION. In this case we have no tracking information available and the delivery cannot be traced via "Mein Konto."

According to our carrier, the delivery to Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika may take up to 25 business days.

Once the package reaches your country, the actual delivery of the package is handled by your local postal carrier, and this may account for the delay.

May we ask for your further patience? If your package has not arrived on 02.08.2011, please contact us using the link below and confirm the shipping address we have on file for this order:

Last edited:
My response :rolleyes:

Hello again - below is the response I received last time I sent a message.

It has been my experience that any DHL Global Mail package CAN be tracked via the amazon.de website UNTIL it leaves Germany.

The tracking _clearly_ shows a "Customs delay in Eggham" status from this screen shot I've taken.

<picture of order tracking>

This package OBVIOUSLY was not directly sent to the US. Why is the case? I don't know - I do know that packages of this size that amazon.de usually sends to me have been shipped via DHL with no problems at all in the past.

Packages that have been sent that included my previous orders were much smaller than this one.

It is my concern, and this concern has not been addressed - that if a replacement package is reshipped via DHL Global mail, the same thing will occur again - as I have found similar reports of packages being misrouted through Egham, United Kingdom. This includes multiple times with the same package.

The package has NOT entered the United States as it can not be currently tracked via the DHL Global website.

http://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/

When my packages shipped in this manner have arrived in the US, a few days later I'm always able to track them at the website link above. Any of my previous received orders will clearly show a tracking status.

THEREFORE, I do believe that this package was misrouted, and it will be returned to amazon.de.

My address, as shown by amazon.de is correct.

I realize that I will have to wait until August 2nd before a new package can be sent.

HOWEVER, I would IMPLORE that when amazon.de ships that replacement package via the regular DHL service and NOT DHLGA.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

I say we fly to Germany and I start handing out Colombian neckties until we get some positive results...

I say we fly to Germany and I start handing out Colombian neckties until we get some positive results...

Yeah, we might have to do that. I know that everyone that participates in my group buys understands that I charge a small premium on the titles because I'm the one that deals with stuff so you guys don't have to.

Gotta LOVE the latest from amazon.de

Geography was never my strongest subject, but you'd think...if they'd just READ my message...that Egham, GB is not in the US.

Egham is in the United Kingdom. ARGH!

thank you for writing to Amazon.de

I´m sorry that you still could not receive your items.

As far as I see the status of delivery is still "Customs delay in Eggham", as you have seen already.

This means that there is a town called Eggham with a Customs office and the items are held there by US customs authorities.

As we do not have any influence on US customs all we can do is wait until the parcel is cleared by customs and will be forwarded to your address.

I´m sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please take my sincere apologies if previous e-mails failed to clarify this matter.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.de

Status
Not open for further replies.