Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: August 5, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99

71hS+VMlnmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71BAKhIRmpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71roke8OgPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 61N+vsk1AHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This has different art on the back.

(It now has a sh*t quote instead of an image. :hilarious:)
It's a bit of a **** show either way, not a fan of quotes on the back but the previous version duplicates the weird composition with characters all from different angles. The old steelbook did have enough sense to use the best poster art on the inside though.

Reactions: Gandolf
Why are you all even bothering with this release, if you have a Blu-ray and a previous steelbook?
I understand if you don't have it at all yet, otherwise the UHD transfer is the same, maybe a bit brighter with worse, washed out colors based on this comparison:

It was partially filmed with digital cameras in 1080p, and it's entirely mastered in 1080p.

Why are you all even bothering with this release, if you have a Blu-ray and a previous steelbook?
I understand if you don't have it at all yet, otherwise the UHD transfer is the same, maybe a bit brighter with worse, washed out colors based on this comparison:

It was partially filmed with digital cameras in 1080p, and it's entirely mastered in 1080p.

I don't have a copy. Simples.
Yep, doesn't need a 4k transfer to be honest, a bit like anything shot on early 1080p DV.

Reactions: Lenny Nero

Well you're making me feel better about buying the old steelbook and skipping the new one as there looks to be zero improvement in resolution but what about HDR?

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Well you're making me feel better about buying the old steelbook and skipping the new one as there looks to be zero improvement in resolution but what about HDR?
I personally hate HDR, as everything with it looks worse on my non OLED screen - either too dark, or muddy, or clown-colored like someone spiked the settings. I'm also not a fan of the 'nits' race to see whose eyes get burned out first, so I'm the wrong one to ask about that.

I personally hate HDR, as everything with it looks worse on my non OLED screen - either too dark, or muddy, or clown-colored like someone spiked the settings.
If your display doesn’t support HDR it should revert to a normal image. And “clown-colored spiked image”…. No offense but sounds like you accidentally pirated Dolby Vision files; yeah, that’s gonna look funky if you don’t support DV.

Reactions: hoppusdelonge
If your display doesn’t support HDR it should revert to a normal image. And “clown-colored spiked image”…. No offense but sounds like you accidentally pirated Dolby Vision files; yeah, that’s gonna look funky if you don’t support DV.
No, it's all supported, at least HDR10+, and I know how to calibrate the screens, been doing it for 25 years, so it's nothing to do with incorrect settings.
I don't like it much on OLED screens either, from what I've seen on my Samsung tablets. The brightness automatically goes up to 100%, that irritates me to no end.
Got an LG OLED sitting brand new in a box, but after war started, I put everything on pause and am in a sort of limbo now for over 2 years, not unpacking it, not assembling 17 new Billy shelving units, not doing anything in the apartment... just still buying discs like an idiot, and putting them in boxes. Ya'll making fun of someone here keeping their stuff in boxes, well I'm doing that for real. 74 large boxes as of now... :facepalm:

• Friendly
Reactions: jailbird_joey