[COMPLETED] Paramount Group Buy (USA Shipment) !!Wave 1 Only!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA

Hi everyone! Let's use this thread to discuss and follow the USA shipment of the surfury's Paramount (play.com) steelbook group buy.

This thread is for the FIRST wave of Paramount steelbooks only, USA members that were part of surfury's group buy.

Going forward, if you are a member that is on the list below, please use THIS thread to discuss the group buy.

Costs shipping from me are as follows:

1) Evenly divided up UPS shipping cost to me. That's £1.13 for each steelbook ordered.

2) Exact domestic shipping cost based on your choice. Priority Mail only for shipments above 1 item.

If you the buyer, have any special instructions about packaging, if you're post office is not gentle with packages, it is on you to instruct me that you'd like special consideration in the packaging process.

a) First Class Mail : in a box, packaged by me. 1 steelbook only. $3.50 flat cost to all USA.
b) Priority Mail Flat Rate Padded Envelope. Up to 2 steelbooks, in play.com
packaging. $5.10, to any USA location.
c) BOMB PROOF packaging. G1 sized hard case for each steelbook, up to
two steelbooks. Padded Flat Rate envelope. $12 to all USA.
d) Up to 2 steelbooks, in play.com packaging, boxed in my own box.
$6.50 for East Coast, up to $11 for West Coast.
e) Over two steelbooks, quoted by location, any combination requested for
packaging. TBD cost.

*Prices above are estimates, they can slightly increase or decrease depending on your location.

3) Given that the steelbooks IN TOTAL of are of a high value, there may be US customs charges and a UPS processing fee. I will not receive this bill, if there is one, until a week or so after I receive the package.

This total cost will be divided among all members, spoke with UPS on 8/20 and it will be $2.30 per person.

4) Any applicable paypal fees for sending as a regular paypal payment.

You will be billed your total amount due when the items are in hand. Please use this thread for questions, and reserve any private messages for high priority responses ONLY. Thank you.

Here are the USA members that will be getting shipped out from my location.

View attachment 14569

*********mailing 8/21************

1) Harpua626 - option B
2) tono06 - option A
3) acidcore - option E
4) bluerolla - option B
5) marinablue - option B
6) exciter3780 - option B
7) ash333 - option E
8) brap88 - option E
9) Slim - option B
10) Guinness7 - option B
11) mrvfln - option A
12) kobe24 - option A
13) avenger85 - option B (1x steelbook)
14) Che
15) MllNy - option E

*********mailing 8/22************
1) sixteenvolt420
2) spawnshop
3) Jericho x4
4) steelbook95060 x4
5) Blumaster - x3
6) keeblur x4
7) Xavier x3
8) kaliraver x4
9) smmajc11 x3
10) JayAre x4

*******mailing 8/23*******************
1) WhiteRat x6
2) SlimJim24 x2 - option B -
3) donguillermo - option E (bullet proof cases) x7
4) walruswarrior x4

******mailing 8/24************************
1) bgmat58 x6

2) hectorcurly x2 (invoice sent) --> mailed 8/25
3) PHD x6 --> mailed 8/28

Last edited:
That is correct. 1 steelbook only. So Jericho, you'll need to pick a different option, since you have 4x steels on order.

Sorry, misunderstood. With 4, it seems none of the options fit then. So is there an easy way to choose option e for shipping to zip code 20723?

Hey apsmith I have 3 coming my way so I guess it will be option e for me. Thanks for helping getting these to us!

I will go with option B. Play.com packaging is the box with the pads right?

Correct. What I'll be doing is to take 1 box, pad two steelbooks in it, and then that goes in the envelope.

Option B it is.

Since I have more than 2, option E is the only one for me?

Correct. I can package it anyway you want. Meaning, use the play.com boxes, or package each one in bubble wrap individually.

Hey Andy I'll go with option "E" as I have more than two(2) steelbooks. Can you send me a quote via PM for three(3) - four(4) dvd steel cases??? Thanks Andy.

Do you want each of them in it's own bullet proof case? I think shipping will be the same for 3 or 4.

is there any difference in the level of protection by going A) the first class box or B) padded envelope with play packing. I will take whichever provides the highest protection of the two for mine.

on the first one, the steelbook is wrapped in bubble wrap and placed in a box. on the 2nd, I use the play.com box with the egg crate and put it in the mailer.

Sorry, misunderstood. With 4, it seems none of the options fit then. So is there an easy way to choose option e for shipping to zip code 20723?

well, option E is what we'll go with for you. You'll get a quote when I know the weight.

Hey apsmith I have 3 coming my way so I guess it will be option e for me. Thanks for helping getting these to us!

Will do.

So, anyone that chooses option E. I need to know your zip code, please respond here when you get a chance.

The rest of you that haven't responded yet, with your shipping preferences or special requests, you'll need to get to it.

I will be getting these steelbooks, after their arrival...beginning on Tuesday or Wednesday (this week!). Invoices for those that have responded so far will follow that tomorrow sometime - and you are the ones that will be getting shipped first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marina Blue
I guess E is my only option with 6 steels. Packed whatever way you feel is safest. Shipping to 78610.

Great, then for my 3 copies (2 IM1 and 1 IM2) it would seems I have to go with option E.

I would prefer them in their original play boxes and then in a larger box, but if it is cheaper to send priority and put them in a box bundled together I would go that route. Can you give me quotes.

I am paid up with Dave and Mike (SlimJim24) is paid up with me, so I told him to post here with his preferred shipping method.

Thanks again for handleing these!! :D

So, anyone that chooses option E. I need to know your zip code, please respond here when you get a chance.

The rest of you that haven't responded yet, with your shipping preferences or special requests, you'll need to get to it.

I will be getting these steelbooks, after their arrival...beginning on Tuesday or Wednesday (this week!). Invoices for those that have responded so far will follow that tomorrow sometime - and you are the ones that will be getting shipped first.

07030 here for mine. Thanks! :D

still need slimjim24 to respond for his

Option E for six steels...zip code = 52601.

I've yet to experience a play.com package so I don't know which is safer?

hey guys, I just checked with UPS and we have been assessed a customs fee for the import of these steelbooks into the country.

It's going to be about $2.30 per person. That will be included in your final cost (OP updated).

Reactions: tono06 and ash333
Status
Not open for further replies.