'Contagion' 9/9/2011 in theaters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
[media=youtube]4sYSyuuLk5g[/media]

Per Fandango:

When Beth Emhoff (Gwyneth Paltrow) returns to Minnesota from a Hong Kong business trip, she attributes the malaise she feels to jet lag. However, two days later, Beth is dead, and doctors tell her shocked husband (Matt Damon) that they have no idea what killed her. Soon, many others start to exhibit the same symptoms, and a global pandemic explodes. Doctors try to contain the lethal microbe, but society begins to collapse as a blogger (Jude Law) fans the flames of paranoia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Collector-yes, definitely what they were banking on (two factors you mentioned). I usually don't listen to reviewers at all, as I prefer to just make my own impression. But I happened to hear one yesterday, and he thought it was better than 'Outbreak'. I tend to like this kind of flick, so I think it will be a rental for me....

@DB: Same here......Don't care about critics...I go see a movie and take from it whatever I like.....If its a special sfx movie with poor story I like to watch the visuals.......If it has strong story but lack of sfx I'm coming out of the cinema remembering the dialogues..........And if it has both - good visual + story side I'm coming out of cinema praying: 'Please let there be a steelbook/special edition for it!' :)