'The Thing' (2011) in theaters 1014/2011

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
[media=youtube]Txjm94GnrPA[/media]

Fandango:

Paranoia spreads like an epidemic among a group of researchers as they’re infected, one by one, by a mystery from another planet. Paleontologist Kate Lloyd (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) has traveled to the desolate region for the expedition of her lifetime. Joining a Norwegian scientific team that has stumbled across an extraterrestrial ship buried in the ice, she discovers an organism that seems to have died in the crash eons ago. But it is about to wake up.
When a simple experiment frees the alien from its frozen prison, Kate must join the crew’s pilot, Carter (Joel Edgerton), to keep it from killing them off one at a time. And in this vast, intense land, a parasite that can mimic anything it touches will pit human against human as it tries to survive and flourish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the original!!!! Bought the blu ray a while back and it was awesome!!!! My wife had never watched it, and she was scared senseless. What ever happened to good old fashion horror movies?? Now its a pg-13 and loud noises:(

Love the original!!!! Bought the blu ray a while back and it was awesome!!!! My wife had never watched it, and she was scared senseless. What ever happened to good old fashion horror movies?? Now its a pg-13 and loud noises:(

said this many times now, we will never see the scary movie ever again im afraid as the old days they didnt have cgi ect so it was left to the imagination, stuff like cloverfield ect got the creepy feeling until they decide to show the creature. Thats where it all goes wrong, the only really scary movies these days for me are paranormal activity, reason being its left to your own mind what the demon ect looks like,the day they change that and show you the ghost then the scary bit will be ruined. Take the amityville horror original and the remake, in the orignal you didnt see the spirit yet in remake its a joke as you do lol, same with the classic the fog. The scariest thing ever created is our own imagination.:D

When you guys say "original", I'm assuming you mean the remake by John Carpenter? Loved that one. The original original is a classic too: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044121/

I read this new one was supposed to be a prequel to the John Carpenter version.
according to IMDB: The producers convinced Universal Studios to allow them to create a prequel to John Carpenter's The Thing instead of a remake, as they felt Carpenter's film was already perfect, so making a remake would be like "painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa". However, the prequel still has the title of the original film, because they couldn't think of a subtitle (for example, "The Thing: Begins") that sounded good.

Looks awesome too!

hey everyone,
i just got home from watching this at my theatre, let me say, IT WAS AWESOME EEK!

did an excellent job, will def be a day 1 for me

was not a remake, they did this from the Norwegian side, 1982 :scat:

Now I have to go and see it :D

despite the CG (which takes away the charm of what made the Carpenter version so great), this was bloody awesome!

pre-ordered the US BD from Axel :)