Earth
Release date: November 18, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon - Cover A / Amazon - Cover B
Price: 26,35 EUR / 24,45 EUR

Type A | Type B

diepiratenbraut-MBA-bluray-dvd.jpg
diepiratenbraut-MBB-bluray-dvd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love all pirate movies. Maybe I'll pick this up if it's worth to upgrade from DVD. I hate that Digibooks are all so expensive. 20 EUR would be more fair when it's not remastered.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Is it really that surprising that the Germans are putting German text on their German Mediabooks?!:LOL:
The nerve!!:wow:

Yes, actually, because so many Germans speak English, and many Germans I speak too are irritated that foreign (to them) films have their titles etc mangled into German - mangled because, as with many of the French ones, the title in German is often meaningless etc.

Yes, actually, because so many Germans speak English, and many Germans I speak too are irritated that foreign (to them) films have their titles etc mangled into German - mangled because, as with many of the French ones, the title in German is often meaningless etc.

Many yes but not the majority. The people you talk about are buying products from a niche market.

Not too long ago Capelight asked their followers if they would prefer the new 'The Edge' Mediabook with English or German title. And the German title won by vote.

Also it would be marketing wise not overly clever to start moving your product with a English title when most of the foreign buyers only know the German title and would search online only for the German title.

I also prefer original title and original audio when I buy/watch movies. But to think it's the majority is sadly wrong.

And why movie title still needs to be translated in German (or French) you need to search for the great posts by @Bunk to this topic who explained multiple times very good why title gets translated in other countries.

The mangling of movie titles in other countries is a time honored tradition. And we are better for it.
They have been making me laugh for many many years. And I appreciate that!!:rofl:
IMG_4301.JPG

Many yes but not the majority. The people you talk about are buying products from a niche market.

Not too long ago Capelight asked their followers if they would prefer the new 'The Edge' Mediabook with English or German title. And the German title won by vote.

Also it would be marketing wise not overly clever to start moving your product with a English title when most of the foreign buyers only know the German title and would search online only for the German title.

I also prefer original title and original audio when I buy/watch movies. But to think it's the majority is sadly wrong.

And why movie title still needs to be translated in German (or French) you need to search for the great posts by @Bunk to this topic who explained multiple times very good why title gets translated in other countries.

The title on any packaging never bothers me personally. As long as the film is in English with English captions, titles etc.

The mangling of movie titles in other countries is a time honored tradition. And we are better for it.
They have been making me laugh for many many years. And I appreciate that!!:rofl:
View attachment 268648

Hehe, but the biggest shock there is Bruce Willis with hair. I mean, wow, I'd forgotten he once looked normal -- now he looks like a boiled egg, of course :)

As for foreign mangling the French Jaws is a classic
Jaws Fr.JPG
They even had the audacity to emboss it - lol

Reactions: C.C. 95
Hehe, but the biggest shock there is Bruce Willis with hair. I mean, wow, I'd forgotten he once looked normal -- now he looks like a boiled egg, of course :)

As for foreign mangling the French Jaws is a classic View attachment 268731 They even had the audacity to emboss it - lol
Yeah...never put the word 'DENTS' on a steelbook!:rofl:
And, of course, the German classic that sounds like a horror film about some guy's hog...:LOL:
IMG_4342.JPG

(The 'DING' is even placed over his DING!):wow:

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan