Multi DC Universe Online - Coming to PS4

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
DC Universe Online is an MMORPG being developed by Sony Online Entertainment. The game has been scheduled for release in November 2010.

Game Play:

DC Universe Online is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) set in the DC Universe. SOE hopes to make a different kind of MMORPG, with The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction being cited as one of the main inspirations for gameplay.

SOE is working to make DC Universe Online more interactive than standard MMORPGs, while trying to keep their key elements, which include a leveling system, raid instances, endgame progression and inventories. The world is mainly shared, public space instead of heroes or villains owning territory.

The public space features dynamically-generated content designed for both hero and villain player characters (uniquely created by the player, who cannot choose DCU stalwarts).

It is known that players will choose a city of origin for their character, the only known cities being Metropolis and Gotham City. Another location currently known to be in the game is Arkham Asylum, Gotham City's mental institution for criminals. Players can also go to the Justice League of America Watchtower, headquarters of the Justice League.

Each character is given either a Justice League or a Legion of Doom communicator - depending on their choice of playing as either a hero or a villain - and the character's allegiance will affect how the game is played; for example, a hero character may encounter a thug robbing an armored truck while a villain character will instead rob (or, depending on character level, assist with the robbing of) said armored truck.

It is also known that player characters have threat ratings which will cause both heroes and villains alike to interact accordingly with the character. The game's first Case is a battle between Superman, Lex Luthor, and Doomsday where the player can aid either Superman or Luthor in defeating/capturing Doomsday, respectively. Another Case involves a mutagen outbreak at Star Labs that infects all of the employees in the building.

The story is set in the 'present day' and the game begins with the arrival of a time-traveling Lex Luthor who has come to warn the Earth about a future battle that kills off the majority of heroes and villains, leaving the planet vulnerable to an invasion by Brainiac.

Characters:

Heroes:

Adam Strange
Ambush Bug
Animal Man
Aquaman
Atom
Azrael
Batgirl
B'wana Beast
Batman
Batwoman
Beast Boy
Black Canary
Black Lightning
Blue Beetle
Booster Gold
Brainiac 5
Captain Atom
Captain Marvel
Congo Bill
Creeper
Cyborg
Doctor Fate
Elongated Man
Etrigan the Demon
Fire
Firestorm
Flash
Grace
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Hawkgirl
Hawkman
Huntress
Maxima
Martian Manhunter
Metamorpho
Nightwing
Plastic Man
Power Girl
Question
Raven
Ravager
Red Tornado
Robin
Sgt. Rock
Spectre
Spy Smasher
Starfire
Steel
Supergirl
Superman
Swamp Thing
Tasmanian Devil
Vigilante
Vixen
Wildcat
Wonder Woman
Zatanna

Villains:

Ares
Bane
Batzarro
Bizarro
Black Adam
Black Manta
Black Mask
Blue Snowman
Brainiac
Captain Boomerang
Captain Cold
Catwoman
Cheetah
Cheshire
Circe
Clayface
Clock King
Cyborg Superman
Darkseid
Deathstroke
Doctor Poison
Doomsday
Firefly
General Zod
Gentleman Ghost
Giganta
Gorilla Grodd
Hades
Harley Quinn
Heat Wave
Hush
Joker
Key
Killer Croc
Killer Frost
King Shark
Lex Luthor
Livewire
Lobo
Mad Hatter
Man-Bat
Maxie Zeus
Merlyn
Metallo
Mongul
Mr. Freeze
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Mr. Zsasz
Ocean Master
Parasite
Penguin
Poison Ivy
Prankster
Prometheus
Ra's al Ghul
Riddler
Scarecrow
Silver Banshee
Silver Swan
Sinestro
Solomon Grundy
Tattooed Man
Toyman
Trickster
Two-Face
Ultra-Humanite
Ultraman
Ventriloquist
Zoom

E3 Trailer:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="265" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/423eb38d" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/423eb38d" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>​

Super Speed Trailer:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3kiQ-2SJjmo&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3kiQ-2SJjmo&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>​

?Savior or Destroyer? Trailer:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="265" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/de58f29a" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/de58f29a" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>​

Character Creation Trailer:

E3 Screens:

DCUniverseOnlineE3.png

DCUniverseOnlineE3-2.png

DCUniverseOnlineE3-3.png

________
ACURA ARX-02A SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded this when it was first put up for free, but still have yet to play it. Trying to work on some of my disc based backlog.

I downloaded this when it was first put up for free, but still have yet to play it. Trying to work on some of my disc based backlog.

I need to finish this so I can delete it. My HDD is getting so full it keeps crashing. I'm worried it's going to corrupt.

I really like it though. I bought the Green Lantern DLC and it's pretty awesome!

I actually just created my character today and started playing. I created a guy who looks just like Hulk haha.

I need to finish this so I can delete it. My HDD is getting so full it keeps crashing. I'm worried it's going to corrupt.

I really like it though. I bought the Green Lantern DLC and it's pretty awesome!

How big is your HDD? Mine is 500gb, and it's only about half full.