Dealing with International Amazon Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblaster

Premium Supporter
Oct 26, 2009
Just wondering in regards to amazon.de .. dont they exchange those damaged ones for you guys in the US?

John

Last edited by a moderator:
per my experience, they have already refunded me the price of the steels and let me keep them.

That generally only works a few times and after that they require you to ship them back at your expense. If you are lucky you will get a shipping cost refund, but it is not a for sure thing

Cheers
CrashKelly

Just wondering .. dont they exchange those damaged ones for you guys in the US?

John

So far yeah but I guess the more orders you do the harder it is to. They love to try and only offer me 5 euros. :angry: and then I have to fight about just wanting my movie NOT DAMAGED!

Group Buys are good in this sense as you can have peace of mind that you wont get a damaged one. Since most steel collectors and people like AP know how to pack.

ps. WHERE YOU BEEN MB!? lol.

per my experience, they have already refunded me the price of the steels and let me keep them.

Now that is very reasonable :D

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

So far yeah but I guess the more orders you do the harder it is to. They love to try and only offer me 5 euros. :angry: and then I have to fight about just wanting my movie NOT DAMAGED!

Group Buys are good in this sense as you can have peace of mind that you wont get a damaged one. Since most steel collectors and people like AP know how to pack.

ps. WHERE YOU BEEN MB!? lol.

Yeah i would assume AP does pack good. But if he gets damaged Steelbooks , then he will pack them just as good. The point i was trying to ask was about the return policy for US. I know for here i can send back damaged ones and get a full refund - no hassle. But i guess sitting in the US and buying through Amazon.de is also like a lottery :D although they have gotten better with packing :)

@WReck - here and there :) bin trying to find me a new home :) for Permenant. Moving here and there is getting to much for me.

P.s. AP sorry for trashing your thread like this , did not realize it would be like this :ohno:

Just wondering .. dont they exchange those damaged ones for you guys in the US?

John

I have to mail them back if I get any that are damaged (very infrequently, but sometimes it happens), I just send them back in a flat rate priority mail envelope. :oohyeah:

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Yeah i would assume AP does pack good. But if he gets damaged Steelbooks , then he will pack them just as good. The point i was trying to ask was about the return policy for US. I know for here i can send back damaged ones and get a full refund - no hassle. But i guess sitting in the US and buying through Amazon.de is also like a lottery :D although they have gotten better with packing :)

@WReck - here and there :) bin trying to find me a new home :) for Permenant. Moving here and there is getting to much for me.

P.s. AP sorry for trashing your thread like this , did not realize it would be like this :ohno:

No worries John! :cool:

Yes, I always send steelbooks wrapped in a heavy layer of bubble wrap and over pad them in a sturdy carboard box. Depending on the steelbook, sometimes I will send them in "bullet proof" cases.

You are right about amazon.de. They have gotten better with packing, and sometimes everything arrives in PRISTINE shape. I've had worse luck with amazon.fr - including customs charges. :angry:

With returns, they started out when I mentioned I had a few damaged copies by sending me a refund. But I've done so many group buys that they don't do that anymore and ask that I send them back.

Also, what I considered damaged is a lot more picky than what amazon.de considers damaged. ;)

Also, what I considered damaged is a lot more picky than what amazon.de considers damaged. ;)

Well you could say i have also gotten REAL PICKY over the time .. Amazon sometimes trys to make me pay for the return postage , because THEY said the Steelbook was in Prime Condition - I SAID it was scratched or paint missing or dent or or or ...:hilarious:

amz.de the only big issue and then cursed situation was on Saving Private Ryan, we order 3 and just 1 arrived, since were sold out no chance to get the other 2, refund made for the 2 missed and shipping, tarde one and one month after sent not arrived, hope that the one I got from amazon still reserved for me that will be shipped with Book of Eli; , Highlander arrived loose disc with lots of scratches replacement sent perfect condition shipping refunded too, no returns.

with amz UK, I take the risk to order directly to México (since having a US address and secure delivey there) Minority Report arrived with several scratches on edges due lack of packing, replacement sent arrived with less damaged, got full refund, a office friend order Wolfman arrived (to US) with a knife scratch on front cover, repaced sent arrived flawless, no retuns on both

Status
Not open for further replies.