Desperado (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 27, 2024
Purchase links: Arrow Video - Amazon (Listing not active) - DiabolikDVD - Grindhouse Video
Price: $45.00 (Arrow Video) - $59.95 (Amazon) - $39.99 (DiabolikDVD) - $42.99 (Grindhouse Video)

Desperado.jpeg

Last edited:
I hate all this licensing b0llocks. They just don’t want everyone to have nice things easily
It will depend if the arrow licensing deal for desperado USA and UK was agreed before Sony UK closed down their UK home entertainment division in UK as in before distribution of Sony home media physical media releases changed to Elevation Sales.
About 3-5 years ago arrow included art card of desperado inside some of their UK releases I got that card in both USA/UK arrow releases.

Some arrow releases as in the art cards of possible future releases you see included are in planning for years before they get an actual release and has happened some of those get cancelled for various reasons.

We will find out tomorrow if it's also UK.

Reactions: Flloydo
Haven’t seen this in decades, but my recollection is that I thought, “El mariachi was better,” even if the production values on this one were significantly better.

Haven’t seen this in decades, but my recollection is that I thought, “El mariachi was better,” even if the production values on this one were significantly better.
It's an Evil Dead situation all over, only this one is much worse in my opinion, in that you could forget and ignore the first 'test run' home movie.

Weird there's no slip with this release, Arrow do odd stuff with their releases :cautious:
It’s just like their normal steels though. Only a few got the rigid box full Shabang. True romance and wild things etc

And the normal steels used to be priced £14.99-£19.99

Not thirty five f**king quid. 4K or not. And they all included booklets too

Reactions: Lenny Nero
somethings telling me to keep an eye on this one, as it might end up being a steelbook box set ala Wild Things, True Romance. at least that's what i'm hoping at that price.

somethings telling me to keep an eye on this one, as it might end up being a steelbook box set ala Wild Things, True Romance. at least that's what i'm hoping at that price.
Nah, it's just a steelbook. An expensive steelbook.

• Thanks
Reactions: Daubt