Deus Ex: Human Revolution - CBS buys film rights!

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
5511311994_5671665e0d.jpg

Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be the third game in the first-person role-playing game Deus Ex series, and a prequel to the original game.

Gameplay

In the Deus Ex games, augmentations are body modifications that allow the user superhuman abilities. While augmentations in the first two games were nanotech, Human Revolution is set prior to both and instead features mechanical augmentations. These will be divided into four types: Combat, Stealth, Technology and Social. Using social skills, social augmentations and stealth a player is able to play through the whole game killing only the bosses.

Every enemy squad will have an identifiable squad leader who will direct the team's actions. If the leader is killed, the squad falls into disarray. Enemies will also react to subtle player decisions, such as a change in behaviour or weapons, etc.

Unlike in Invisible War, weapons will fire distinct ammunition types instead of depleting a unified pool. They can also be upgraded to better suit the player.

Deviating from previous titles in the series, Human Revolution will use a regenerating health model. This change was made because the developers didn't want players to get into a situation where they were unable to progress due to low health, and would be forced to "scrounge for med packs." They see this scrounging behavior as breaking the flow of the game when one retreats to search the entire level for medical supplies. They believe their regenerating health model will still encourage tactical and strategy forming retreats, but not to the extent where the tension and flow of the game is disrupted. Despite using a regenerating health model, the game will still include health restoring consumables, such as food.

Human Revolution is primarily a first person game, but will feature a contextual third person viewpoint when using the cover system, certain augmentations, or closeup instant-kill moves.

Preorder Deus Ex: Human Revolution: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0K5NC/?tag=hidefnin-20
Preorder Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004EIQ7F6/?tag=hidefnin-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Deus Ex-cellent DLC "The Missing Link" is available today for PC, Xbox 360 and, once the update occurs later today, PSN. The five- to six-hour campaign finds augmented security agent Adam Jensen on a mother lovin' boat, but not the kind you see in rap videos. Check out our review to find out what you'll receive for $15.

For those who haven't picked up the game of the year contender yet, Amazon and Steam have some significant discounts on the game for a limited time. On PC, Valve's platform has the title at 25 percent off for $37.49 as part of its "midweek madness" sale, while Amazon's downloadable version is 40 percent off and $29.99. Console owners can grab Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $36 from Amazon as part of the site's "deal of the week" promotion.

I might be getting this sometime next week.

Im glad I'm not addicted to gaming right now, otherwise I would have too many games to play ...because I rented this and loved how it was taking off ... suspenseful. I'll get it later down the road mroe than likely when its a cheapie.

CBS has acquired the screen rights to Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and will be co-producing the project with Eidos Montreal.

The film will be produced by Adrian Askarieh, who had previously worked on the Hitman film, and Roy Lee, who had produced the American remakes of The Ring and The Grudge.

According to CBS co-president Terry Lee in the press release, “As is clear from the wild success of the game, Square Enix and Eidos-Montreal know how to exceed their audience’s expectations by engineering incredible worlds. No one knows ‘Human Revolution’ like the team that created it, and we look forward to working with them from day one to make a film adaptation worthy of the ‘Deus Ex’ name.”

“As the millions of fans who have played the ‘Deus Ex’ games for more than a decade will tell you, these games catapult you into a universe that is stimulating, engaging and relevant,” stated Square-Enix Europe CEO Phil Rogers in the presser, “We’re firm believers in building strong partnerships, and so we’re thrilled to be working with CBS Films on bringing the unique ‘Deus Ex’ experience to the bigscreen.”

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was released back in August 2011.

Last edited by a moderator: