Release date: October 8, 2013
Purchase link: Die Hard
Price: £14.99
Notes: Includes embossed artwork. Matte finish. Embossed

dh1.jpg

dh2.jpgdh3.jpg

Official HDN video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received mine a few days ago- still my favorite film of all time, great steelbook for this one. Really glad I purchased. Almost debating ordering the second one, though I don't like it nearly as well.

Just received mine a few days ago- still my favorite film of all time, great steelbook for this one. Really glad I purchased. Almost debating ordering the second one, though I don't like it nearly as well.

The Steelbook for the second film looks like it's the same cover artwork only they've Photoshopped a wooly jumper onto him and changed his pistol to a sub machine gun!

Reactions: Bastiensmum
Is this really Region B locked? If yes then it is going to disappoint importers across the pond but this is a full $15~18 cheaper than ordering from Korea. Also is the Steelbook really glossy or is it the shrink wrap that it makes it look glossy?

Just got mine today. Matte finish. Was disappointed when it said Region B, however, even though it says that on the disc and the slip, it plays fine on Region A players.

Happy that I ordered it ... can finally start to remove the G1 DVD steelbooks I have :LOL:

C'mon zaavi ... bring #3 on board!

Cheers,

Last edited:
The Steelbook for the second film looks like it's the same cover artwork only they've Photoshopped a wooly jumper onto him and changed his pistol to a sub machine gun!

I was referring to the movie in general, not how similar the covers appear to be. Though my response could lead you in that direction.

goto be honest here them releasing die hard and die hard 2 only so far with no information if or when they intend going to do the others at all.
for me is to much of a risk unless i know can get them all whats the point! plus got other money to spend on others atm.
unless they getting burned on the rambo, like everyone has dived on first blood then amount of users said not getting 2 or 3 etc because they don't like that film i have read. the danger is they get stuck with them but they should set out there stall let people know what is going on.
Bit like the indiana jones hassle thats going on atm for me when/if they release them i will buy all no point just buying odd one, even if that means release slighty apart but at least you should pre-order all at the same time.

I am loving mine. Can not wait for number 2. 3 was good but no where near as rewatch value as Die Hard and Die Harder.

Still have not fully seen 4.0 and no intrest at all with 5 . So I will be happy with the two IF that is all that is steelbooked.

Same with Rambo First Blood not botherd at all with any of its sequels.

(not sure this is the best place to ask, mods please correct if I'm wrong)

Like to find out what peoples view on a fair price for a sealed version of this. There's a few on eBay from £35+. Is this that rare now?

(not sure this is the best place to ask, mods please correct if I'm wrong)

Like to find out what peoples view on a fair price for a sealed version of this. There's a few on eBay from £35+. Is this that rare now?

Here might be a better place to ask: https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/value-guide-for-buyers-traders.11268/page-192

However, I've just had a quick look at the sold listings on eBay and nothing has sold close to that price within the last two months. If you're not in a rush then you might wanna just keep an eye out for any auctions that pop up.

Reactions: Blucray