Disney 12 Weeks of Steelbooks 2010 (not happening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Update-unfortunately there will not be any Steelbooks for Disney this year.

See discussion, future details, once available, about the Iron Packs here.

Please see note from Brana at FS Forum below:
This has really been a year in flux with massive changes on the studios side on their willingness to do Steelbooks, how much of international gets involved and what it takes to make a Steelbook happen. Disney has unfortunately decided corporately against Steelbook this year. I can't even give a real explanation to be honest with you. At some point you get angry and it all sounds like excuses. The best way I can describe it is the U.S. got involved to help push exclusive packaging as well and so we can take advantage of economies of scale. In dong so, senior people became involved with Steelbook that were not before, legal teams threw their four cents in, and next thing you know there is no Steelbook program period. Even with all the success we had last year and the excitement you guys all showed for it we just couldn't make it happen. A massive fail.To make things worse, what was approved was an Ironpak promotion which had made it's way through all the pipelines so far that once this was presented to us and we knew what was up, we had no room to move. The choice we were given was either we take the Ironpaks or you have nothing for these titles. It was a tough decision but at the end of the day I looked at it from the standpoint that as much as I want these on Steelbook and there are many people on here as well, I'd rather these exist in some sort of collectible packaging than not at all. Let the customer have the decision if they want them or not. So that's where things are at. Disney Canada does realize this is a massive fail and understand we need to get back to Steelbook so those are the discussions that are ongoing now. Again I cannot promise anything but we are working towards Tron 2.The Ironpaks that are coming out are labelled as Disney Collectible packaging. These are the titles that are coming:prince Of Persia - Sep 14thBeauty & The Beast - Oct 5Toy Story 1 - OctoberToy Story 2 - OctoberToy Story 3 - Nov 2Princess & The Frog - NovemberAlice in Wonderland - November/DecemberBrana

</PRE>

My original message asked if you would participate this year, if FS announced another SB Promo. DB

Pictures from last year's promo:
disney-steels.jpg

Last edited:
i wish i can order from futureshop but they don't deliver to usa, wich i think is really bad. especially now with the possible more realistic coming out of beauty n the beast n prince of persia. that's just not fair

This news blew me out of the water guys. No Disney steelbooks.

Instead we'll be getting Disney IRON PAKS. HOLY SCHNIKES. :ohno: EEK! :ohno:

This has really been a year in flux with massive changes on the studios side on their willingness to do Steelbooks, how much of international gets involved and what it takes to make a Steelbook happen. Disney has unfortunately decided corporately against Steelbook this year. I can't even give a real explanation to be honest with you. At some point you get angry and it all sounds like excuses. The best way I can describe it is the U.S. got involved to help push exclusive packaging as well and so we can take advantage of economies of scale. In dong so, senior people became involved with Steelbook that were not before, legal teams threw their four cents in, and next thing you know there is no Steelbook program period. Even with all the success we had last year and the excitement you guys all showed for it we just couldn't make it happen. A massive fail.

To make things worse, what was approved was an Ironpak promotion which had made it's way through all the pipelines so far that once this was presented to us and we knew what was up, we had no room to move. The choice we were given was either we take the Ironpaks or you have nothing for these titles. It was a tough decision but at the end of the day I looked at it from the standpoint that as much as I want these on Steelbook and there are many people on here as well, I'd rather these exist in some sort of collectible packaging than not at all. Let the customer have the decision if they want them or not. So that's where things are at. Disney Canada does realize this is a massive fail and understand we need to get back to Steelbook so those are the discussions that are ongoing now. Again I cannot promise anything but we are working towards Tron 2.

The Ironpaks that are coming out are labelled as Disney Collectible packaging. These are the titles that are coming:

Prince Of Persia - Sep 14th
Beauty & The Beast - Oct 5
Toy Story 1 - October
Toy Story 2 - October
Toy Story 3 - Nov 2
Princess & The Frog - November
Alice in Wonderland - November/December

Brana

Status
Not open for further replies.