Displate.com

Flip

---=---
Premium Supporter
Jun 16, 2012
A manufacture specializing in creating exceptional Metal Posters. All the beautiful Displates that you see have been created by an amazing group of artists that you support by buying Displates.

Each displate is 45cm x 32cm and comes with a magnetic sticker for easy wall hanging

displate2_zps90311070.png

displate1_zpse5de8eb6.png

displate3_zps783105e1.png

shipping_zps375262ce.png

voucher code happyweek gives you 15% off

Order here

Last edited:
Noodles & Flip can you tell me what the pixel dimensions were of the designs that you uploaded please? The dimensions they suggest on the site (shortest side 2800px) seem huge... Thinking about making my own Drive displate but am struggling to find graphics that i can scale to that size

I go by standard poster sizes mate and usually stick with 18" x 24" / 5400px x 7200px which is considered medium (I only do them this big because I upload them to other sites which sell larger prints than Displate). Obviously you'll be lucky to ever find any images that you can scale to that size without causing it to blur/pixelate, but lately I've been sticking to vector art, so I only ever use photos as a guide anyway.

Thanks for that mate - I've been setting them up in CMYK settings which is what's making it so large I guess. Is it ok to design for displate using RGB colours then? That might be why my colours are being altered after upload when testing them on site...
I work in CMYK with 300dpi for best results... you can always convert it to RGB after. I've worked in RGB for many years though and never had any complaints, so doing what Flip said should still be fine.

Good luck! And be sure to show us your designs when you've done. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: vurt and Flip
here you go :p

arrow1displate_zpsc1e96640.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

i use Rgb and had no problems
color profile RGB Adobe(1998) or SrGB

Flip, awesome design! Hope you get credit/part of the sales because I just ordered one Arrow displate :)

Reactions: Flip
Nice one, Flip. And congrats on the sale!

PS. You don't actually get any of the profits until you've made at least $50... I didn't realise this until I sold my first print. :(

Reactions: Flip
Flip, awesome design! Hope you get credit/part of the sales because I just ordered one Arrow displate :)

i did thanks, hope your happy with it when you get it!

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

PS. You don't actually get any of the profits until you've made at least $50... I didn't realise this until I sold my first print. :(

thanks noodles!

ya i saw that, i only do them for the fun of it anyway :p
if i get to $50 i will buy D4vem88 a displate of his choice!

Reactions: Noodles and D4vem88
i did thanks, hope your happy with it when you get it!

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

thanks noodles!

ya i saw that, i only do them for the fun of it anyway :p
if i get to $50 i will buy D4vem88 a displate of his choice!

I'll hold you to that, Flip [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Noodles, which print did you sell?

Reactions: Noodles and Flip
I'll hold you to that, Flip [emoji6]

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Noodles, which print did you sell?

im a man of my word!

noodles sold Godzilla

Reactions: Noodles
I go by standard poster sizes mate and usually stick with 18" x 24" / 5400px x 7200px which is considered medium (I only do them this big because I upload them to other sites which sell larger prints than Displate). Obviously you'll be lucky to ever find any images that you can scale to that size without causing it to blur/pixelate, but lately I've been sticking to vector art, so I only ever use photos as a guide anyway.

I work in CMYK with 300dpi for best results... you can always convert it to RGB after. I've worked in RGB for many years though and never had any complaints, so doing what Flip said should still be fine.

Good luck! And be sure to show us your designs when you've done. :thumbs:

Thanks for the advice, will check out vector graphics and have a play around see what I can come up with. :thumbs:

Also congrats on the sales guys, really like your designs! :cool:

Reactions: Noodles
How strict are they on the copyright issues? I've played around in inkscape for a while but I wouldn't much like to get slapped in the face with one of those scary infringement letters.. I'm guessing it should be on seeing how many of the designs are associated with existing IPs?

I never suggested it [emoji12].

But theoretically, if someone somewhere would happen to see my post and create a badass Firefly Displate, then maybe, someone somewhere would buy it.
All in theory obviously [emoji6]

Reactions: vurt