Status
Not open for further replies.

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
I looking through the new post on Blu-ray Steelbook forum and saw some movies that I haven't seen yet. As a collector I'm curious on some of them and decided to make a steelbook blind buy list. Do you purchase a regular blu-ray first before buying the steelbook or are you driven to buy a steelbook cause of the stars, director or the artwork?

Here's my list so far:
Stolen (Blu-ray Steelbook) (Media Markt Exclusive) [Germany]
The Sweeney (Blu-ray Steelbook) [United Kingdom]
Kelly's Heroes (Blu-ray Steelbook) [United Kingdom]
Metal Hurlant Chronicles - Season 1 [Germany]
The Incident (Blu-ray Steelbook) (Saturn Exclusive) [Germany]
Mad Circus (Blu-ray Steelbook) (Saturn Exclusive) [Germany]
The Take: Two Decades In Mafia (Blu-Ray Steelbook)(Amazon Exclusive) [Germany]
Chained (Blu-ray Steelbook) [Germany]

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of my buys are actually blind buys as I don't go to watch films at cinema so I just wait to buy them in blu ray.

Mostly I read other people opinion on the films and if they sound good then I buy them. If its available in steel then I will try and get it.

All my current pre orders are blind buys:

Roger rabbit
Star Trek
Life of pi
Django
Hobbit
Star Wars (all 6)
Les miserable
Argo

And I've managed to pre order the steel version (Argo & les miserable through a friend)

Reactions: PunkNinja
Most of my buys are actually blind buys as I don't go to watch films at cinema so I just wait to buy them in blu ray.

Mostly I read other people opinion on the films and if they sound good then I buy them. If its available in steel then I will try and get it.

All my current pre orders are blind buys:

Roger rabbit
Star Trek
Life of pi
Django
Hobbit
Star Wars (all 6)
Les miserable
Argo

And I've managed to pre order the steel version (Argo & les miserable through a friend)

Huh wait what you've never seen Star Wars or who framed roger rabbit well you've been waiting 25 years of more on 4 of those.

I blind buy a lot too.

The Take was pretty good. Happy with that purchase.

Huh wait what you've never seen Star Wars or who framed roger rabbit well you've been waiting 25 years of more on 4 of those.

Yep and I've had to cancel my Star Wars preorder as I got an unexpected bill. Ill have to wait another 25 years lol

Ill just try and buy them on normal DVD now and see them that way :)

I only buy steelbooks/digibooks for movies I have already seen and know I love.

Although, I find The A-Team quite entertaining, I mainly bought the steelbook cause of the beautiful artwork lol.
But I will never do a blind buy. I rarely do blind buys for regular blu rays...

Status
Not open for further replies.