Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 12, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £59.99

91cANqsy0zL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

91UEsHIGR3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81846SRyPdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81UCyGsZBML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
This seems like an excessive number of discs for a series with nine episodes of less than an hour each.
Disc 1
The Church on Ruby Road

Extras

Doctor Who: Unleashed
Behind the Scenes
In-vision Commentary
Millie Gibson’s Set Tour
Behind the Scenes Trailer
Get to Know Doctor Who – with Ncuti Gatwa
Get to Know Doctor Who – with Millie Gibson

Disc 2
Ep1 – Space Babies
Ep2 – The Devil’s Chord

Extras

Space Babies – Behind the Scenes
The Devil’s Chord – Behind the Scenes
The Devil’s Chord – Scene Breakdown
Ncuti’s Message
Video of a Bogeyman – Video Diary
Finding Fifteen
Jinkx Monsoon tries British food
Millie Gibson’s Set Tour
Jinkx Monsoon – The Looks of Maestro

Disc 3
Ep3 – Boom
Ep4 – 73 Yards

Extras

Boom In-vision Commentary
Boom – Behind the Scenes
73 Yards – Behind the Scenes
Ncuti & Millie’s Guide to Get Your Zen On
Steven Moffat preview
Bringing Virtual Production to Doctor Who
Mundy Flynn Profile
Boom – Script to Screen
Welsh Lingo with Ncuti & Millie
Roger Ap Gwilliam Profile
Millie Gibson’s Very First Day – Video Diary

Disc 4
Ep5 – Dot and Bubble
Ep6 – Rogue

Extras

Dot and Bubble – Behind the Scenes
Dot and Bubble – Scene Breakdown
Rogue – Behind the Scenes
Rogue – Scene Breakdown
Ncuti & Millie’s Top 5 People in Their Bubble
Lindy Pepper-Bean Profile Sneak into the TARDIS
Dot and Bubble Set Tour
Regency Costume Quiz with Jonathan Groff
Most Likely To…with Ncuti & Millie
Rogue Profile
Getting to Know – Jonathan Groff
Rogue Dance Scene

Disc 5
Ep7 – The Legend of Ruby Sunday
Ep8 – Empire of Death

Extras

Empire of Death In-vision Commentary
The Legend of Ruby Sunday – Behind the Scenes
Empire of Death – Behind the Scenes
Empire of Death – Scene Breakdown
Jemma Redgrave’s UNIT Set Tour
Who is Susan Triad?
Villain Reveal
Getting to Know – Lenny Rush
Empire of Death – Script to Screen
Epilogue
Bonnie’s Remembered TARDIS Tour
Ncuti & Millie’s Favourite Memories
Genesis in the TARDIS

Disc 6
Doctor Who: Unleashed Eps 1-5

Disc 7
Doctor Who: Unleashed Eps 6-8
Doctor Who: Unleashed Unseen
Tales of the TARDIS – The Pyramids of Mars

Well they're certainly making this turd look pretty...
Won't it sell out? All previous steelbooks of all seasons usually sold out and now cost (well, being asked) up to $200.

Where are they gonna fit 7 discs in that steelbook?

Disc 1
The Church on Ruby Road

Extras

Doctor Who: Unleashed
Behind the Scenes
In-vision Commentary
Millie Gibson’s Set Tour
Behind the Scenes Trailer
Get to Know Doctor Who – with Ncuti Gatwa
Get to Know Doctor Who – with Millie Gibson

Disc 2
Ep1 – Space Babies
Ep2 – The Devil’s Chord

Extras

Space Babies – Behind the Scenes
The Devil’s Chord – Behind the Scenes
The Devil’s Chord – Scene Breakdown
Ncuti’s Message
Video of a Bogeyman – Video Diary
Finding Fifteen
Jinkx Monsoon tries British food
Millie Gibson’s Set Tour
Jinkx Monsoon – The Looks of Maestro

Disc 3
Ep3 – Boom
Ep4 – 73 Yards

Extras

Boom In-vision Commentary
Boom – Behind the Scenes
73 Yards – Behind the Scenes
Ncuti & Millie’s Guide to Get Your Zen On
Steven Moffat preview
Bringing Virtual Production to Doctor Who
Mundy Flynn Profile
Boom – Script to Screen
Welsh Lingo with Ncuti & Millie
Roger Ap Gwilliam Profile
Millie Gibson’s Very First Day – Video Diary

Disc 4
Ep5 – Dot and Bubble
Ep6 – Rogue

Extras

Dot and Bubble – Behind the Scenes
Dot and Bubble – Scene Breakdown
Rogue – Behind the Scenes
Rogue – Scene Breakdown
Ncuti & Millie’s Top 5 People in Their Bubble
Lindy Pepper-Bean Profile Sneak into the TARDIS
Dot and Bubble Set Tour
Regency Costume Quiz with Jonathan Groff
Most Likely To…with Ncuti & Millie
Rogue Profile
Getting to Know – Jonathan Groff
Rogue Dance Scene

Disc 5
Ep7 – The Legend of Ruby Sunday
Ep8 – Empire of Death

Extras

Empire of Death In-vision Commentary
The Legend of Ruby Sunday – Behind the Scenes
Empire of Death – Behind the Scenes
Empire of Death – Scene Breakdown
Jemma Redgrave’s UNIT Set Tour
Who is Susan Triad?
Villain Reveal
Getting to Know – Lenny Rush
Empire of Death – Script to Screen
Epilogue
Bonnie’s Remembered TARDIS Tour
Ncuti & Millie’s Favourite Memories
Genesis in the TARDIS

Disc 6
Doctor Who: Unleashed Eps 1-5

Disc 7
Doctor Who: Unleashed Eps 6-8
Doctor Who: Unleashed Unseen
Tales of the TARDIS – The Pyramids of Mars
Ok then, correction: That seems like an excessive number of extra features for a show that a lot of fans lost interest in a few Doctors ago. :rofl: (Full disclosure: I've only seen the Christmas special, which I thought was decent, so maybe this series merits all these extras.)

Ok then, correction: That seems like an excessive number of extra features for a show that a lot of fans lost interest in a few Doctors ago. :rofl: (Full disclosure: I've only seen the Christmas special, which I thought was decent, so maybe this series merits all these extras.)
From what I can gather ratings in the UK were dire even taking iplayer into account and none of the series including the Tennant episodes even registered in the American ratings system on Disney in the USA. It has seriously failed. So don't expect major sales of the blu-ray or DVD. it didn't help that a certain actor told fans if they didn't like it to touch grass.....

Reactions: Bunk and spookz
From what I can gather ratings in the UK were dire even taking iplayer into account and none of the series including the Tennant episodes even registered in the American ratings system on Disney in the USA. It has seriously failed. So don't expect major sales of the blu-ray or DVD. it didn't help that a certain actor told fans if they didn't like it to touch grass.....
That's not what he said contextually. He said “Don’t watch. Turn off the TV. Go and touch grass, please, for God’s sake.” This was in response to questions on his initial casting. As the first openly gay black man to play the Doctor, I think we know the types of people he was referring to.

Full original article below. (Before it got twisted for ulterior motives by identity politics fanatics & right wing commentators)

"And although Gatwa’s groundbreaking casting was met with much praise, there were, of course, some haters. Gatwa’s message to the naysayers is simple: “Don’t watch. Turn off the TV. Go and touch grass, please, for God’s sake.”"

‘Doctor Who’ Regenerates: How Ncuti Gatwa’s Historic Casting, Russell T Davies’ Return and a Disney+ Deal Revolutionized the Franchise

Last edited:
Reactions: walkintom
Gay is so 2000s, he should be identifying as a gender fluid space carrot to gain attention...
"Right-wing", well so called 'liberals' are the ones being fanatical about identity politics, categorizing themselves and everyone, subsequently being more racist, than anyone else, and not even seeing it. :shipped:

I'm still going to buy this steelbook :facepalm:

Reactions: K1SK1S
Gay is so 2000s, he should be identifying as a gender fluid space carrot to gain attention...

doctor who GIF

Yes, in 2005 revival, Rose Tyler says to the Doctor 'you're so gay'. The latest: next regeneration going to be a...

carrot GIF

Wicked :woot:

I'm still going to buy this steelbook.

That's not what he said contextually. He said “Don’t watch. Turn off the TV. Go and touch grass, please, for God’s sake.” This was in response to questions on his initial casting. As the first openly gay black man to play the Doctor, I think we know the types of people he was referring to.

Full original article below. (Before it got twisted for ulterior motives by identity politics fanatics & right wing commentators)

"And although Gatwa’s groundbreaking casting was met with much praise, there were, of course, some haters. Gatwa’s message to the naysayers is simple: “Don’t watch. Turn off the TV. Go and touch grass, please, for God’s sake.”"

‘Doctor Who’ Regenerates: How Ncuti Gatwa’s Historic Casting, Russell T Davies’ Return and a Disney+ Deal Revolutionized the Franchise
I stand by my comment. The current show has been a commercial disaster. No matter how you try to dress it up, the show is going to be pulled sooner rather than later.

Reactions: spookz
"Right-wing", well so called 'liberals' are the ones being fanatical about identity politics, categorizing themselves and everyone, subsequently being more racist, than anyone else, and not even seeing it. :shipped:

I agree that both right wing and liberals are fanatical about identity politics. Americans tend to be in general too. However it was definitely the right wing commentators that went after Ncuti in this instance... liberals were quite tolerable of being black & gay funnily enough. Dare say, despite their flaws, they'd have welcomed a gender fluid space carrot in equal measure...

I shall too buy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lenny Nero
I stand by my comment. The current show has been a commercial disaster. No matter how you try to dress it up, the show is going to be pulled sooner rather than later.
That's cool. Stand by your opinion by all means. You do you. Personally I don't care if something is a commercial success. If I like it, it's written well and it resonates, then I'm in.

I was just addressing the narrative you proposed may have been correct but it was because Ncutis words were taken out of context by certain questionable publications.
it didn't help that a certain actor told fans if they didn't like it to touch grass.....
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Factual rating (supplied by BBC) for TV and iPlayer (7 days) can be found here: UK Doctor Who Ratings (2024) Accumulator

As Lollard said, they are not great, but overall I did watch (but I am allergic to grass, and smoking it doesn't do me any good either) :rolleyes:
I would not expect it to fly after what Chibnal did to it. It didn't help that episode 1 wasn't good too. However it quickly picks up & by ep 3 & 4 it is on very good form. I'd just say if you like RTD & Moffats (he also returns) writing then it's safe to come back to Who now. If you didn't, then you haven't been a fan of Who for nearly 20 years now anyway.

Reactions: GeoRattray

Even if you take the most generous interpretation surely it's clear how ludicrious the idea of telling all those racists and bigots to go touch grass is? You know all those racist and bigoted Doctor Who fans has built up over the years. :rofl:

Show runners are happy to frame any criticism of their shows as being motivated by some ulterior motive, they do this because their shows are poor, something of quality speaks for itself and if they had truly had any faith in them they wouldn't need to attack fans.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Show runners are happy to frame any criticism of their shows as being motivated by some ulterior motive, they do this because their shows are poor, something of quality speaks for itself and if they had truly had any faith in them they wouldn't need to attack fans.
Jodie Foster Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

And applies to any such recent show and situation.

Even if you take the most generous interpretation surely it's clear how ludicrious the idea of telling all those racists and bigots to go touch grass is? You know all those racist and bigoted Doctor Who fans has built up over the years. :rofl:

Do you know what casting means? This wasn't in response to the shows success or failure. It was a response to casting Ncuti, by Ncuti himself. It wasn't said by the showrunner? It was said by Ncuti (The Doctor). In the question they also acknowledged the praise but addressed "some" haters. I've noticed multiple times you don't half know how to straw man a debate.

You sound like you're conflating the Star Wars Acolyte debacle and other such instances. This doesn't fit in that pigeon hole.

Last edited: