Drive (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Full Slip Version) [Korea]

harryhayden

Premium Supporter
Nov 5, 2013
Guys,

Just found out about this, not exactly exclusive edition or some sort, but this might count as some consolation for those missing out on the exclusive retailer release :joy:

Purchase Link: YESASIA
Price: $44.99
Expected Release Date: December 12, 2014

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kimchi releases have been like this for quite sometime.This trend is becoming bothersome and is going to turn off lot of collectors.

Yeah, they were turned off on the Kimchi "Iron Man" and Nova Media "Drive" releases. They're hot on the Zaavi A-1 mailers and custom spine slashes! :p

Like some of you mentioned in the previous posts, this is utter bullshit. I almost lost it when I found out there's a Captain America 2 full slip that is identical to Nova's. After ALL the craziness we went through, they do that? I mean if I place them next to each other, an average joe wouldn't be able to tell the difference. One of the major reason we collect is for the uniqueness and to be able to SHOW OFF this uniqueness. I've tried not to buy every Nova release since then. It is also the reason the Mondo Drive from FutureShop is worth more to me personally than Nova's Drive.

Someone mentioned Plain Archive is also doing this. Is this true? I was under the impression Blufans and PA are better because of this. Kimchi is okay so far because they've only done that to couple of their releases. Hopefully they don't decide to continue the trend. :ohno:

Hi folks. Just joined tonight. Could someone clear up for me the region code for this beauty?

Cheers
According to the link provided it is Region A. Btw welcome to HDN :thumbs: and remember to have fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: harry
This is good for those that missed out on the FS. But after the 3 hours 20 minutes it took me to get my order in with Nova..:punch: I'm not happy about this popping up on Yesasia.
I'm not particularly bothered about Nova's sticker and numbered edition. This would have been fine for me.
As if my opinion of Nova wasn't low enough...:squint:
Now if the Lenticular also pops up on Yesasia. Then bye, bye Nova.....
Makes a mockery of the word exclusive...IMO :facepalm:

Will this be the same as the Nova Exclusive in terms of finish on the steelbook ??
What the difference between the two packages is it just the nova sticker and a numbered card ??

Will this be the same as the Nova Exclusive in terms of finish on the steelbook ??
What the difference between the two packages is it just the nova sticker and a numbered card ??

Yes, it will. And also the slip will be identical and I guess also the extras. And it will even be cheaper than the Novamedia one, because shipping is included. Thus, no reason to purchase from Novamedia anymore.

Slap in the face for all that took on the hassle of the nova pre-order. I don't know why, but this always happens to me when I think I've got something special a few weeks later it pops up somewhere else - just hope this will not repeat itself with Iron Man (kimchi). Honestly, that's no fun!
Anyway, good for those who missed out at first.

Should be noted that with the exception of Plain Archive who are a fully fledged publisher in their own right, other Korean sites such as Nova and Kimchi opt in to handle allocation of international stock while there will almost always be another Korean publisher responsible for domestic sales. As you can see here the domestic market is not limited to just S. Korea, hence releases like Cap 2 and Drive are picked up by sites like Yesasia. The often touted exclusivity extends as far as: unique items like numbering cards and stickers and the exclusive rights to sell the stock internationally - typically not the perceived extras such as slipcovers, which are often also produced for domestic release.

Personally I don't think it's such a bad thing when you have situations like Nova's very messy Drive release. The more people who can get in on a release without being scalped the better. =)

I think @Choi should explain whether this is includes all the extras from Nova, as pictured, or have they just used the photos as a placement.
If they are going to start this routine then I'm out of Nova for good.

Reactions: lolwut and JH2607
I would be more inclined to believe it's a 1/4 slip, Yesasia placeholder art is often wrong and finalized decisions can happen late in the day with Korean pubs. However as I stated above, the perception that slipcovers are the exclusive element is often wrong - if KD Media are selling more than one edition domestically then you can expect them to distribute some full slips to sites like Yesasia.

Presumably this will have the KD media logo which in my opinion looks really out of place in comparison to the Nova one the slip was design with originally.

I would be more inclined to believe it's a 1/4 slip, Yesasia placeholder art is often wrong and finalized decisions can happen late in the day with Korean pubs. However as I stated above, the perception that slipcovers are the exclusive element is often wrong - if KD Media are selling more than one edition domestically then you can expect them to distribute some full slips to sites like Yesasia.
I take your point about the probable 1/4 slip placement. "Kimchi" Rush turned up as a 1/4 slip on Yesasia. What I'm concerned about is the slip and extras that are supposed to make it an exclusive steelbook to Nova.
Hence the NE001 stamped all over the spine of the slip. E for exclusive not "well it might be, or it might not" !!!!!!
Until somebody comes out and sets the record straight, this is doing Novas reputation even more damage. If that were possible!!!

Reactions: harry