Dune: Part Two (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 70) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: August 21, 2024
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B (Pre-order on June 21, at 8 PM Hong Kong time)
Price: $183.97 (Box Set) - $54.99 (Full Slip) - $56.99 (DL A & B)

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 800 Sets, Numbered 1-800. Spot Foil, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Full Slip: 1200 Units, Numbered 1-1200. Spot Foil, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Double Lenti A: 1400 Units, Numbered 1-1400. 2 x 3D Lenticulars, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Double Lenti B: 1400 Units, Numbered 1-1400. 2 x 3D Lenticulars, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Dune2_overall_box_1200x.jpgDune2_slips_FS_1200x.jpgDune2_slips_DLSA_1200x.jpgDune2_slips_DLSB_1200x.jpg

Last edited:
Same, especially the back of the OC box but I thought the blend of orange and black from the front would have looked great as a lenticular as well. Full slip for me.
Agreed. Can't decide on which slip though. DLB is probably my preference, which goes with DL for the original really well, less so with my FS. Might just OC this and decide later. Hmmm..

Reactions: NateDog
FS & DL-A certainly the winners for me. DL-A would be my preferred choice but I fancy a full slip to match the first one I have. Wondering if the sun will be holofoil? (the finish is mentioned). Could look sweet

Can’t stand DL-B (reminds me of the double lenti for Blufans force awakens) and I’m also not feeling the steelbook one bit. I think it’s horrid, but it oddly matches the first steel (which I also can’t stand) because of the character placements and it being one colour tone. Dune part 1 literally the only manta steel I hate. Now it has a companion lol

OC art should’ve been a slip imo. Also imo OC arts should be far more basic than what manta choose. Unless there’s some creativeness involved like the drive, first man, fight club, Se7en, Inglorious Basterds and American psycho box designs

I just always want photos of characters/actors, the more, the better, not a rehash of same old boring desert and shapes, so Manta is making me happy with these lately.
Watch DL-B sell out first on 21st. :D

Also imo OC arts should be far more basic than what manta choose. Unless there’s some creativeness involved like the drive, first man, fight club, Se7en, Inglorious Basterds and American psycho box designs

You want the boxes to look boring?

Are you sure that's not just the cheapskate in you not wanting to have to OC because it has the best art? :whistle::naughty:

FS & DL-A certainly the winners for me. DL-A would be my preferred choice but I fancy a full slip to match the first one I have. Wondering if the sun will be holofoil? (the finish is mentioned). Could look sweet
Think I'm set on FS but I am tempted by DL-A, don't love the front but think the rear could look very nice on the final product. But I like that the FS has art of the Paul - Feyd fight. Agree regarding P1 though, I signed up here after lurking for a long time just for Manta's release and never ended up buying any!

Reactions: Flloydo
You want the boxes to look boring?

Are you sure that's not just the cheapskate in you not wanting to have to OC because it has the best art? :whistle::naughty:
Nah i genuinely think key arts should be on steels and slips. And I’m not saying it here because I want that art, im happy with the FS & DLA choices. Just saying that the nice arts shouldn’t really be used like that. Not just Manta but they tend to do it more.

And I only buy the OCs I really want or crazy over the film. I found Dune 2 better than part 1 but I wouldn’t need a OC anyway as I only bought one slip for P1

Think I'm set on FS but I am tempted by DL-A, don't love the front but think the rear could look very nice on the final product. But I like that the FS has art of the Paul - Feyd fight. Agree regarding P1 though, I signed up here after lurking for a long time just for Manta's release and never ended up buying any!
I think for me (and a lot at the time) is the repeated art on the steel and FS (with slight changes) for P1.
But also it’s that Teal tone on the steel. Just looks off and I hate it lol. But the FS is stunning in hand. Incredible finish. The choices are better here than for their P1 release anyway.

Reactions: NateDog
Nah i genuinely think key arts should be on steels and slips. And I’m not saying it here because I want that art, im happy with the FS & DLA choices. Just saying that the nice arts shouldn’t really be used like that. Not just Manta but they tend to do it more.

And I only buy the OCs I really want or crazy over the film. I found Dune 2 better than part 1 but I wouldn’t need a OC anyway as I only bought one slip for P1

Yeah they're always going to put one of the best arts on the box, easy way if they needed it to make sure titles sell out

Reactions: wojo134 and Flloydo
Yeah they're always going to put one of the best arts on the box, easy way if they needed it to make sure titles sell out
Yeah of course

And I own OUATIH & BOP partly because the art chosen on the OC. Unfortunately where for both those films their lenti quality began to dip the slips weren’t great so the saving grace was the OCs (and full slips)

Honestly I love when they get creative like those OC boxes I originally mentioned. And I only own 2 of them myself (Drive & Fight Club) so it’s not a jealousy thing because I seriously root for those versions even when I’m not buying them. Would love to own the IB and Se7en OC boxes tho and the upcoming AP

So because of release dates we're mostly likely getting a restock of Godzilla, maybe Wonka and unlikely but plausibly American Pyscho (which will probably be included in the next batch of restocks). Am I correct or are there any I'm missing?

So because of release dates we're mostly likely getting a restock of Godzilla, maybe Wonka and unlikely but plausibly American Pyscho (which will probably be included in the next batch of restocks). Am I correct or are there any I'm missing?
Only Godzilla of those is likely imo. Manta don't usually restock titles until after they are released. Possibly Wonka, but it's a bit close tbh, particularly of it's delayed. Aquaman should pop up.