Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 25, 2017
Purchase links:
Novamedia: Lenti A - Lenti B
KimchiDVD: Lenti A - Lenti B
Price: $28.99 (Nova) - $27.99 (Kimchi)

Full Slip | Lenticular
20374342_2134370733456799_4655805247695983060_n.jpg 20376155_2134370656790140_4039807266562166166_n.jpg
Equilibrium Fullslip + Lenticular [A Type] and [B Type] will be released by the ARA Medea at 25th of Aug. 2017

Last edited:
I used to love this film but it hasn't aged well and the fighting is a bit naff now

Pass

I used to love this film but it hasn't aged well and the fighting is a bit naff now

Pass
It's one of my favourites! Shame it reminds me of an ex though (I first saw it with her). I'll probably pass on this anyway... I already have the old Canadian steelbook, and I'm not exactly in love with these editions to be honest.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and C.C. 95
It's one of my favourites! Shame it reminds me of an ex though (I first saw it with her). I'll probably pass on this anyway... I already have the old Canadian steelbook, and I'm not exactly in love with these editions to be honest.
I have that steelbook.
@Noodles I had to swap out the disc - it is also Alliance and has the WRONG apsect ratio.
(It is 2.35. Alliance did the same thing as they did with Blade - 1.78 transfer that was made for cable NOT blu ray release. Also, if memory serves - both Blade and Equilibrium were also INTERLACED discs in the Alliance versions)

• Thanks
Reactions: Hooch and Noodles

Sorry to hear that. I have that with some films, mighty boosh and certain songs/ albums. It's Annoying

I used to love this and literally watch it all the time but something switched and I just can't watch it anymore.

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles and C.C. 95
Hmm... Both NovaMedia and KimchiDVD specify 1.78 : 1 AR for this Korean Blu-ray (n)

The UK Blu-ray release (distributed by Momentum) is also 1.78 : 1.

From Amazon's product pages, it looks like the current US, CA and DE amaray releases have 2.35 : 1 AR (no English subtitles, though; I'd like those).

Hmm... Both NovaMedia and KimchiDVD specify 1.78 : 1 AR for this Korean Blu-ray (n)

The UK Blu-ray release (distributed by Momentum) is also 1.78 : 1.

From Amazon's product pages, it looks like the current US, CA and DE amaray releases have 2.35 : 1 AR (no English subtitles, though; I'd like those).
Ooo.
That's not good.
Anyone have a connection and can make some contact to find out for sure?

I have that steelbook.
@Noodles I had to swap out the disc - it is also Alliance and has the WRONG apsect ratio.
(It is 2.35. Alliance did the same thing as they did with Blade - 1.78 transfer that was made for cable NOT blu ray release. Also, if memory serves - both Blade and Equilibrium were also INTERLACED discs in the Alliance versions)
God damn it, not another one! Which version did you swap it with?

Sorry to hear that. I have that with some films, mighty boosh and certain songs/ albums. It's Annoying

I used to love this and literally watch it all the time but something switched and I just can't watch it anymore.
Yeah, sucks when that happens. There's loads of songs/bands I can't listen to any more because they remind me of someone or a particular memory. Very annoying indeed!

It's been a while since I last watched this to be honest... hopefully I'll still enjoy it when I do get around to rewatching it. :ohno:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
God damn it, not another one! Which version did you swap it with?
@Noodles
I ended up swapping it with this disc from the Miramax double feature blu ray.
You have a disc with the two movies on it - but it is the correct aspect ratio, and looks fine.
(The bit rate may be slightly lower than if it was on a maxed out single disc by itself- but, really, it looks just fine). It's the only version in region 'A' that is correct. (As far as I know - it was a while ago when I did this).
IMG_9797.JPG

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
oh used to love this film! ashame it isn't a steelbook. And who are ARA Medea never heard of them??

I do like the artwork though, tempting....
BTW- did the OP accidentally misspell "Media" - or is their name really "Medea"?!!
(And isn't that a Tyler Perry character?!:hilarious:)

Last edited:
I ended up swapping it with this disc from the Miramax double feature blu ray.
You have a disc with the two movies on it - but it is the correct aspect ratio, and looks fine.
(The bit rate may be slightly lower than if it was on a maxed out single disc by itself- but, really, it looks just fine). It's the only version in region 'A' that is correct. (As far as I know - it was a while ago when I did this).
View attachment 324733
There's also a newer Equilibrium US Blu-ray release from 2015-03-03 that specifies 1.78 : 1 AR on the back cover, but actually has 2.35 : 1 AR.

As commented by Invelos DVD Profiler user Katatonia: "The back cover incorrectly displays 1.78:1 as the Video Format aspect ratio. It is actually 2.35:1 as measured with PowerDVD."

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
There's also a newer Equilibrium US Blu-ray release from 2015-03-03 that specifies 1.78 : 1 AR on the back cover, but actually has 2.35 : 1 AR.

As commented by Invelos DVD Profiler user Katatonia: "The back cover incorrectly displays 1.78:1 as the Video Format aspect ratio. It is actually 2.35:1 as measured with PowerDVD."
Great catch.:thumbs:

This is one of my all time favourite movies...I have the CA steelbook, swapped the disc to the Italien blu ray relase thats pretty close to PQ to the JP one thats supposed to be the best. Yes, the IT and JP have the correct AR. No english subs on the IT, too bad but I have a nice DTS HD MA 5.1 track.

The "new" US looks interesting (I had missed it) some nice reviews also...but come on!!!! DD 5.1 sound only...thats crap!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Ranavalone