Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 25, 2017
Purchase links:
Novamedia: Lenti A - Lenti B
KimchiDVD: Lenti A - Lenti B
Price: $28.99 (Nova) - $27.99 (Kimchi)

Full Slip | Lenticular
20374342_2134370733456799_4655805247695983060_n.jpg 20376155_2134370656790140_4039807266562166166_n.jpg
Equilibrium Fullslip + Lenticular [A Type] and [B Type] will be released by the ARA Medea at 25th of Aug. 2017

Last edited:
@Noodles
I ended up swapping it with this disc from the Miramax double feature blu ray.
You have a disc with the two movies on it - but it is the correct aspect ratio, and looks fine.
(The bit rate may be slightly lower than if it was on a maxed out single disc by itself- but, really, it looks just fine). It's the only version in region 'A' that is correct. (As far as I know - it was a while ago when I did this).
View attachment 324733
Thanks for the info! I guess it's pointless me hunting that down if it's region A though. Oh well... I'm sure I've watched the disc I have before and enjoyed it all the same, so I'll just make do for now.

BTW- did the OP accidentally misspell "Media" - or is their name really "Medea"?!!
(And isn't that a Tyler Perry character?!:hilarious:)
I did wonder that myself, but I just copied and pasted the info/name Kimchi provided, so the typo's on them if it is wrong. :p

Thanks for the info! I guess it's pointless me hunting that down if it's region A though. Oh well... I'm sure I've watched the disc I have before and enjoyed it all the same, so I'll just make do for now.

I did wonder that myself, but I just copied and pasted the info/name Kimchi provided, so the typo's on them if it is wrong. :p
There may be an alternative copy from region B.
Yeah - there is a dutch one, and france and italy have ones that are correct aspect (according to what I have read). If you can get one of those for cheap and swap them out that would work.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
:woot: Love this movie. That lenticular slip back art :drool:
I'm liking both slips & would've gone for the one click but from the discussion above it seems this is getting the ****** discs, so i'm gonna wait and see what the prices are before ordering.

Reactions: snow flake
There may be an alternative copy from region B.
Yeah - there is a dutch one, and france and italy have ones that are correct aspect (according to what I have read). If you can get one of those for cheap and swap them out that would work.
Appreciate the info. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Been looking at this and like the full slip but following the discussion above is it worth buying as not sure if the discussion is saying this is a bad version disc wise.

Please note I don't already have it on Bluray but like the film and the set and would get at some point

Been looking at this and like the full slip but following the discussion above is it worth buying as not sure if the discussion is saying this is a bad version disc wise.
It is bad in the sense that the visual outlook of the film is not what the director intended.

Going from 2.35 : 1 to 1.78 : 1 is a big difference. 24% of the image has been brutally cropped off to fit it in a widescreen TV frame.

Personally, I love the black bars on my TV when it means that I'm seeing the film in the aspect ratio it was meant to be seen.

Thanks that's really helpfully and I completely agree. Will pass on this one until a better disc becomes available.

Thanks for the response
Are we sure that the discs in this set are going to be the incorrect aspect ratio?
As @Ranavalone mentioned - there already has been a US release that said 1.78 when it was actually 2.35.

• Thanks
Are we sure that the discs in this set are going to be the incorrect aspect ratio?
As @Ranavalone mentioned - there already has been a US release that said 1.78 when it was actually 2.35.
I just sent an inquiry to NovaMedia's CS, if they could verify the aspect ratio with the distributor, ARA Media. I have no contact information for ARA Media.

These releases would be interesting if they come with the correct AR discs.

BTW, purchase links ($28.99 ea):

Lenticular A: http://novamnm.com/product/blu-ray-equilibrium-full-slip-lenticular-a-type-le/938/
Lenticular B: http://novamnm.com/product/blu-ray-equilibrium-full-slip-lenticular-b-type-le/937/

I just sent an inquiry to NovaMedia's CS, if they could verify the aspect ratio with the distributor, ARA Media. I have no contact information for ARA Media.

These releases would be interesting if they come with the correct AR discs.

BTW, purchase links ($28.99 ea):

Lenticular A: http://novamnm.com/product/blu-ray-equilibrium-full-slip-lenticular-a-type-le/938/
Lenticular B: http://novamnm.com/product/blu-ray-equilibrium-full-slip-lenticular-b-type-le/937/
Thanks! @Ranavalone :thumbs:
There was a digibook release back in 2002 (with incorrect AR) from Korea - which would not be a good sign....except it was a company called GreenNarae - so that may not matter.
It would be great if they responded to your inquiries and put this to bed.

About the AR...

Got a quick reply from Novamedia support saying that they don't know, as it's not their "own release".

Sent a second email asking for contact information for ARA Media, but didn't receive a response to that.

Next stop is Tony @ KimchiDVD, I guess :LOL:

About the AR...

Got a quick reply from Novamedia support saying that they don't know, as it's not their "own release".

Sent a second email asking for contact information for ARA Media, but didn't receive a response to that.

Next stop is Tony @ KimchiDVD, I guess :LOL:
You run that up the chain of commander, sir!!:rofl::thumbs: Solve that mystery!!
I'm in it for the packaging this time.
I can always put better discs inside. (That's what I had to do with the steelbook version, too.)

• Thanks
Damn! Really? I dont want both though and I'm really unsure about which one to go for :confused::dunno::arghh::arghh::arghh:

P.S. - Congrats bruh! :thumbs: We're like the new cool kids that joined a club. 'Bout to stir some sh!t up in here! :rofl::censored::notworthy:
Well, I know that you must own the version with the famous "FORGET THE MATRIX" quote!:rofl:
IMG_0868.JPG

Hey, congrats @AlienKing !
I think I'll know who's responsible if all of a sudden the site becomes weirdly Kate Beckinsale-centric!:hilarious:

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Well, I know that you must own the version with the famous "FORGET THE MATRIX" quote!:rofl:
View attachment 328933
Hey, congrats @AlienKing !
I think I'll know who's responsible if all of a sudden the site becomes weirdly Kate Beckinsale-centric!:hilarious:
"Forget the Matrix"!? Hot damn! I dont own that version unfortunately. I must since it has 'The Matrix' written on it :D

P.S. - :p
shaggy-4.gif