Buy here
1397727417021441.jpg

Genre: Drama/Romance
Directors: Kaige Chen
Actors: Leslie Cheung / Fengyi Zhang
Aspect Ratio & Format: 1.85:1 / 1080P FullHD
Language: Chinese / Japanese
Sound Mix: TrueHD 2.0/DD 2.0
Subtitles: Korean / English / Mandarin (Traditional) / Mandarin (Simplified) / Japanese
Rating: 15
Region Code: all
Run Time: 171 mins
Number of discs: 1

Along with the two Wong Kar Wai releases later in the month, I'm loving the sudden influx of nice Korean editions of Chinese movies.

Don't know if I'll get this though since I have the Blufans Steelbook.

Along with the two Wong Kar Wai releases later in the month, I'm loving the sudden influx of nice Korean editions of Chinese movies.

Ditto.
Don't know if I'll get this though since I have the Blufans Steelbook.

...and ditto.

Sadly, I've only been seriously collecting for a little over a year and I'm still at that phase where I feel like I'll miss out on something if I don't snap it up. Trying to teach myself that it's okay to say "No."

Having said that, this one's really, really nice. Definitely going on my Kimchi wishlist in case I need to pad a future order.

I feel blufans steelbook is better and I back out of this as u have this on blufans with booklet which is rare

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

As I have

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Finally got around to re watching this last night. Been a long time since I've seen it but it's still a powerful and amazing film......Absolutely superb !! :D

Now the bad news......It is 1080p and not 1080i as has been mentioned elsewhere. BUT the video quality is atrocious! No better than a DVD....Micro blocking soft looking images, strange washed out colour palate to the whole film.

This masterpiece of a film is really crying out for a 4k remaster!!!! :(

And I know it's not my display....:hilarious: Watching it on my ZT60 60" pro calibrated plasma......:naughty:

Love the packaging and the film but the transfer......One word "Abysmal"

Finally got around to re watching this last night. Been a long time since I've seen it but it's still a powerful and amazing film......Absolutely superb !! :D

Now the bad news......It is 1080p and not 1080i as has been mentioned elsewhere. BUT the video quality is atrocious! No better than a DVD....Micro blocking soft looking images, strange washed out colour palate to the whole film.

This masterpiece of a film is really crying out for a 4k remaster!!!! :(

And I know it's not my display....:hilarious: Watching it on my ZT60 60" pro calibrated plasma......:naughty:

Love the packaging and the film but the transfer......One word "Abysmal"

Man that is TERRIBLE news :(

Does anyone know if the chinese Blufans release is any better? Not that I can afford it anyway lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Man that is TERRIBLE news :(

Does anyone know if the chinese Blufans release is any better? Not that I can afford it anyway lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I have been informed that the Chinese transfer is just as bad. So I think this version is the same transfer as the Chinese version. The only version I can find that's supposed to be a better transfer is the French copy. But it's 1080i....
One thing the English subs are very good.....But I would take a beautiful picture/transfer, and no subs at all over the quality of this version. Such a shame I think...
Will we ever see a 4k transfer of this masterpiece?