Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: 7th September 2015
Purchase links:
Zavvi
HMV UK
HMV IE
Price: £19.99 (HMV UK) - £22.99 (Zavvi) - €24.99 (HMV IE)

1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The Zavvi listing never stated it was a Zavvi exclusive only a 'UK exclusive' (whatever that actually means). It doesn't matter anyway though since Xtra-vision is an Irish company and Ireland is not part of the UK.

After ordering this steelbook from Xtra-Vision, I then received a cancellation email from them a couple of days later. Now today I've just received another email from them confirming my order?!?

I'm very confused!:confused:

After ordering this steelbook from Xtra-Vision, I then received a cancellation email from them a couple of days later. Now today I've just received another email from them confirming my order?!?

I'm very confused!:confused:

Same here. I queried the cancellation as I got charged for it straight away even though its a pre-order. Had no reply but the thank you for your order emails just came through. Not sure what they're at!

I like how they used the matching art for the other steels as the back art for this, just to rub it in.

Cancelling my pre-order on Zavvi now that the artwork is confirmed. How very disappointing! (n)

Fast & Furious 7 - Limited Steelbook Edition

£19.99

Released: 7th September 2015

BARCODE: 5053083044435

• Studio: Universal Pictures
  • Certification:tc
  • Duration: 140mins
  • Format: Blu-ray Steelbook
  • Category: Action & Adventure
  • Earn Pure Points: 1999
01-43981.jpg

Now I don't understand why zavvi precise "UK exclusive" !?? HMV sell this edition, like France and other countries... Someone can explain ?

Is the Zavvi version different? If so, then they would have a UK exclusive.

If not, then it's an error on their part. Possibly it was going to be a Zavvi exclusive, but Universal changed their mind, or, Zavvi assumed that they would be the exclusive retailer for the UK steelbook as they had been for the [matching set] of 1-6 which isn't unreasonable I suppose.

In answer to the rest of your question, almost all steelbooks released in the UK are available elsewhere in the world, albeit with different J-cards. Even the recent Fast & Furious movies and Jurassic Park releases. Zavvi were the exclusive UK retailer of them, as were other retailers in their respective countries.

Am I correct in thinking that the UK release of Furious 7 is basically going to be the placeholder artwork as we've already seen and NOT anything like the German Media Markt version which carried through with the matching designs of the F&F 1-6 ???

Personally, I was looking forward to completing the set with matching designs as with the Germany Media Markt version (with the empty case). Slightly disappointed if it's going to be as shown on Zavvi's listing as it's not exactly similar or consistent with the previous 6 :sour: :bored:

EDIT: just viewed another FF7 thread which has just confirmed my doubts and the UK release of Furious 7 will not match with the previous releases of 1-6 :banghead:

Last edited: