Forget Disney, how about more HORROR steelbooks!

u want more horror steelbooks?

• HeLL YeAh! - Gimme more Horror steelbooks!

Votes: 68 61.8%
  • no man, i'm a wuss and cant handle it. I want more tom & jerry cartoons

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • maybe. will depend on artwork, features, transfer, discs ect

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Seriously. i'm on a fear trip right now after watching a bunch of horror over the weekend, and i figure there are far too many classic & newer horror movies that deserve immoratlilzation in cold hard steel *****! :scat: :scat:

like i wanna see face eatin zombies, baby-chewin demons and decapitation lovin crazies in steelbook form MaN! whos wit me? say wat horror movies u want Zavvi or FS or Wallmart or whoever to bring out for your non-kiddie friendly collection :cool:

Here's a list of quality horror suggestions offa the top of my head:

Halloween (original)
- this is gettin a new 35th anniversary bluray release in September, which will have a brand new HD remaster!

The Ring (original)
- gosh this started a whole new wave of horror in Asia, which was so popular abroad several US remakes were made which also did well. Hell even the american version of The Grudge starring SMG might be worthy also.

Dawn of the Dead (2004)
- zack synders's first movie was a remake of this classic zombie movie. while i normally prefer origionals over re-makes, i'm such a Snyder fan now that i'd blind buy a steel of this in a heartbeat. Of course I agree that there should be steels done for the classics and other remakes too :D

Candyman
- this 90's classic from Clive Barker very much reminded me of Wes Craven at his best, though cant really remember much as i was somewhat intoxicated when i saw this back in the day. I do remember Tony Todd being awesome as the title character though. :thumbs:

Antichrist
- sum f**ked up **** here, from a crazy Danish director staring my man Willian Dafoe which i'm not even sure if i wanna see lol

Suspiria
- after gettin Arrow's Demons 1/2 steelbook the other week, i wanna see a proper Dario Argento movie gettin steel treatment and this i hear is the best. I've actually seen a little of this a long time on ago on TV and remember it being very stylish, suspenseful and creepy. I'd love to know more, and the cult-heads are totally crazy for this movie. So if its good enough for them, its good enough for me :thumbs:

The Omen (original)
- i dont think it gets more classic than this when it comes to horror? 'nuf said.

This is all i can think of right now but there are loads of other movies i aint seen, especially in the last few years as i kinda lost interest as the genre has been pretty badly gimped in recent times, but please dont let my ramblings stop u from posting horror movie steelbook suggestions of movies that blew you away! :drool:

Last edited:
I guess you'll have to wait for those Horror Steelbooks I'm afraid. Zavvi have yet again announced more Disney Blu-Ray Steelbooks. I hope they release The Omen or Rosemary's Baby.

Reactions: SaberTooth
I'm a wuss so Tom and jerry is still to scary for me can't have mice or cats in my house due to it.

But piroities have to bee.

Postman pat steelbook
Firesam Sam Steelbook
Thomas the tank engine Steelbook

Orginal not the weird modern versions.

I've just read that the Cabal Cut of Nightbreed is finally getting released so I'd love to see that get the steelbook treatment.

After the amount of trouble everyone's gone through to make this happen it deserves the best release possible, by the time it comes out it must be at least 2 years since the Occupy Midian petition went live.

Antichrist isn't really a horror. It's pretentious exploration of coping with grief that only hipsters and assholes claim to enjoy. I was dragged to see it and hated it passionately.

I'd like to see a UK release of event horizon. It's a film that scared the crap out of me when I was younger.
I know it had a German release a few years back, but this has a printed back and no inside art.
Also the front image was pretty bad, just the having the ship would have been better.

i really like that there seem to be more and more scary movies comin out now since my big rant :D

Digitalbabe currently has a avatar for a cool lookin movie i've heard about but never seen called The Entity which i'd certainly blind buy. Also another 70's classic, Rosemary's Baby which i aint seen either. hmmm maybe i shld update OP?

i would like to have Dead Trilogy by Romero (individual release) and Reanimator.

oh i forgot The Fly (both Vincent Price and Jeff Goldblum) and Godzilla

Last edited:
This would be amazing on the front of a steelbook...

ufim.jpg

Zero finish on the debossed title and gril....:drool:

The problem I have with all the Disney steelbooks is that a large majority of the target audience are kids (who probably couldn't care less what their films are stored in).

Don't get me wrong, I know there's people who are delighted by the Disney steel wave(s) of all ages, but do they have to release every. single. movie. that Disney has ever produced!

The problem I have with all the Disney steelbooks is that a large majority of the target audience are kids (who probably couldn't care less what their films are stored in).

Don't get me wrong, I know there's people who are delighted by the Disney steel wave(s) of all ages, but do they have to release every. single. movie. that Disney has ever produced!

zavvi are rechin for the "lowest common denominator"" as they probly belive thats where the money is...

Expect Justin biber x-factor steelbooks in 2014 :movie:

Reactions: psychoscot
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO with you! I'm sick to death of Disney steelbooks. Apart from the odd one or two they just don't interest me!

Would LOVE to see steelbooks for

Last House On The Left "remake"
The August Underground Trilogy "yes I'm a sick puppy"
The Exorcist "first one only"
The New York Ripper
Maniac "a GOOD steelbook of the remake"
Stigmata
Hammers Devil Rides Out
Let Me In/Let The Right One In
Lord Of Illusions
Nightbreed "Directors cut"

I agree, I dont mind the majority of pixar films and would/will buy them when they drop in price. I would love to see a Kingdom of Heaven (DC), We Were Soldiers and Tears of the Sun UK steelbooks.

Just noticed the horror part of the title, they dont interest me a big deal but still would like to see some variety.

I agree. I am massive fan of horror films and I would like more titles to go with my Evil Dead and The Conjuring steelbooks.

A Tale of Two Sisters is one that should get a steelbook treatment!