Mediabook Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell ( Blu-ray Mediabook - Hammer Horror Collection #12 [Germany]

Manqu

Premium Supporter
Oct 29, 2014
Release: September 2nd 2016
Price: 32,73 EUR
Purchase Link: Amazon.de

Frankensteins-Hoellenmonster-mediabook-blu-ray.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Been buying these all alone. If anyone is a fan of Dracula AD 1972 I recommend the German Media book blu-ray. Superb pressing and has both English audio and English Subtitles. It's a Warner release and up to their usual very high standards. In fact it sits along with the Anolis titles very very nicely

Reactions: PunkNinja
Been buying these all alone. If anyone is a fan of Dracula AD 1972 I recommend the German Media book blu-ray. Superb pressing and has both English audio and English Subtitles. It's a Warner release and up to their usual very high standards. In fact it sits along with the Anolis titles very very nicely

These four Dracula Mediabooks from Warner are a big let down. Very poor quality of the Mediabook, Front Artwork (same as previous DVD releases) is used over and over again in the Mediabook and the pages are glued very bad in a lot of them. The text included is copied from past books and DVD releases. It's a shame that they sell this for the same price or more expensive like Anolis their Hammer Mediabooks. Anolis put so much love into their releases and then Warner just throw these out without any love. I adore Dracula but I passed all of them.

• Helpful Post
To be honest yes the Anolis release have serious extras but what i"m saying is that the Warner pressing of Dracula AD 1972 on this blu-ray pressing is top notch. Simple as that. If you're after a top notch pressing of the film this is it...... If that's all you are interested in the quality is as good as the Archive collection in the states. Having had the previous DVD of Dracula AD 1972 this is light year ahead. it's clear serious work was done on this release. The quality of the mediabook itself is as good as the Anolis ones. That's why I said you could put it beside them. Doesn't look out of place. I'm way happy with what was a blind buy as i was fed up waiting for this on blu-ray. Can't wait for Satanic Rites.... Yes it is overpriced and yes it doesn't have the extras for hte Anolis releases but to honest I can't see what extras you could put on this release but a running commentary from the surviving members of the cast.... (if they were even interested) And Lee's recent lose is a big blow to any extras. I'm more than happy with this and I don't see me buying any other version unless there's uncut material that was never included in the film........ And that cover is spot on. That's the artwork I wanted.

icatcher does (sadly) not ship to switzerland! (n)

Don't worry bud. Their packaging is a mess. The one before Schock, I don't remember the title right now, I received from them wrapped in one layer of newspaper in a envelope. They didn't even replied to my complain. I order at BMV-Medien, same price, excellent packaging. Or I pick them up at the Filmbörse, next in December in my town.

Don't worry bud. Their packaging is a mess. The one before Schock, I don't remember the title right now, I received from them wrapped in one layer of newspaper in a envelope. They didn't even replied to my complain. I order at BMV-Medien, same price, excellent packaging. Or I pick them up at the Filmbörse, next in December in my town.
@dan8885 are you talking about the store SHOCK in Australia (that has a bunch of Hammer blu rays)?
I just had a guy ask me if that shop was reputable. I had bever heard of them and told him to look to see if the same Hammer stuff was at JB HIFI.

@dan8885 are you talking about the store SHOCK in Australia (that has a bunch of Hammer blu rays)?
I just had a guy ask me if that shop was reputable. I had bever heard of them and told him to look to see if the same Hammer stuff was at JB HIFI.

No, about i-catcher. It's the webstore from Anolis Entertainment who are doing those Hammer Mediabooks

No, about i-catcher. It's the webstore from Anolis Entertainment who are doing those Hammer Mediabooks
I like the Hammer mediabooks alot. However, it is a steep price to pay for basically a great cover (since the movies themselves can be had elsewhere, and the text is in German).
I already invested in the Hammer Book of Blu rays (which is quite cool!!).
image.jpeg

Reactions: dan8885
I like the Hammer mediabooks alot. However, it is a steep price to pay for basically a great cover (since the movies themselves can be had elsewhere, and the text is in German).
I already invested in the Hammer Book of Blu rays (which is quite cool!!).
View attachment 258206

Anolis Entertainment put a lot of work into their Hammer Mediabook series. They give new remasters in order for their editions and they don't release them when the quality is not perfect. They collect all of the possible original poster artworks from different countries and try to release the best cover variants. A film scholar named Dr Rolf Giesen specialized in Horror, Animation and Fantasy write new Booklets for the Mediabooks. He also do audio commentary for most of the films. Very interesting ones btw but in german. They collect a lot of bonus features for the editions. They really put a lot of love in their releases. And the Mediabooks are so high quality in hand.

I love everything Hammer and this is my favorite Mediabook series. I would love to get this BD collection you posted also :wow: but to expensive right now with 160 GBP :confused:

Anolis Entertainment put a lot of work into their Hammer Mediabook series. They give new remasters in order for their editions and they don't release them when the quality is not perfect. They collect all of the possible original poster artworks from different countries and try to release the best cover variants. A film scholar named Dr Rolf Giesen specialized in Horror, Animation and Fantasy write new Booklets for the Mediabooks. He also do audio commentary for most of the films. Very interesting ones btw but in german. They collect a lot of bonus features for the editions. They really put a lot of love in their releases. And the Mediabooks are so high quality in hand.

I love everything Hammer and this is my favorite Mediabook series. I would love to get this BD collection you posted also :wow: but to expensive right now with 160 GBP :confused:
I trust that what you say is true with the Anolis releases. I wish they were a little cheaper (the overseas shipping is what really kills it too). If they put out a bells and whistles edition of CAPTAIN KRONOS I will pee myself!:rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
I trust that what you say is true with the Anolis releases. I wish they were a little cheaper (the overseas shipping is what really kills it too). If they put out a bells and whistles edition of CAPTAIN KRONOS I will pee myself!:rofl:

They're cheaper over here than on Amazon. They cost 24,99 EUR plus shipping from i-catcher or BMV-medien. But yeah shipping to US or vice versa is very expensive.

these look interesting but expensive. is there a list with all the mediabook Hammer series that have been released so far?

Take a look at their online store HERE. These are all Hammer Mediabooks released by Anolis. Theres always the Mediabook and next to it a Keep Case Edition. Some of the Mediabooks released with two cover variants. The first is the latest and it goes in order down to the earliest. Consider that the earlier ones are sold out and expensive, especially the first two.

Here are mine. But I picked just one cover variant each and the current one is missing

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Thanks