Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 10, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon - Target
Price: $14.99(Amazon) - $16.59(Target)

719UdFTn73L._SL1500_.jpg

81yvIak5RpL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure they'll do 1-8... But what then? I'd like to have the entire franchise.
Start buying them now. First two are still available, but probably won't by the time time all 8 are released.
Wait, why only 8, it's not Halloween. Jason X is the funnest.
Or you're thinking they might do a whole steelbook megabox? Probably too big, if they release more, than 8.

I like the cardboard digibook in a metal box so much, I don't think I'll be collecting these.

They seem to be releasing newer scans in these steelbooks, rather than those, that were in that 2013 tin-box book release. Probably same, as Shout Factory did for their 2020 box set.
2013 set had films 5-6, 7-8 and 9-10 doubled together on one disc, and released as such separately later in Amarays.
The remastered studio release had 8 films on 6 discs, if the Amazon info is correct, then they must have doubled some up as well, so if they do release them in separate steelbooks, might do a new disc master, or I don't know how.
Still best would be to buy separate steelbooks, and put Shout Factory discs in them. Although they won't fit into their nice box then. Plus some 2004 featurettes and documentaries are missing from newer discs, so 2013 Tin is essential for fans.
My favorite part, Jason X, with a bunch of new extras, is available only in that Shout box. Might just buy it, while it's not OOS.

They seem to be releasing newer scans in these steelbooks, rather than those, that were in that 2013 tin-box book release. Probably same, as Shout Factory did for their 2020 box set.
2013 set had films 5-6, 7-8 and 9-10 doubled together on one disc, and released as such separately later in Amarays.
The remastered studio release had 8 films on 6 discs, if the Amazon info is correct, then they must have doubled some up as well, so if they do release them in separate steelbooks, might do a new disc master, or I don't know how.
Still best would be to buy separate steelbooks, and put Shout Factory discs in them. Although they won't fit into their nice box then. Plus some 2004 featurettes and documentaries are missing from newer discs, so 2013 Tin is essential for fans.
My favorite part, Jason X, with a bunch of new extras, is available only in that Shout box. Might just buy it, while it's not OOS.
It's the same remastered disc that was in paramount 8 movie box set collection that was released in August 2021

2D Version only

And same disc that was in 8 movie steelbook collection released in October 2021

It's the same remastered disc that was in paramount 8 movie box set collection that was released in August 2021

2D Version only

And same disc that was in 8 movie steelbook collection released in October 2021
Yes, I thought as much - first they do a set or a collection, then put them out separately.
Still a question remains what they'll do, when they get to parts 5-8, which I assume the ones that are still two movies on one BD. Only Shout Factory has them on individual discs.
I guess they could just replicate the same disc for both separate steelbooks, there's historical precedence of that with Nightmare on Elm Street films in German mediabooks.

Start buying them now. First two are still available, but probably won't by the time time all 8 are released.
Wait, why only 8, it's not Halloween. Jason X is the funnest.
Or you're thinking they might do a whole steelbook megabox? Probably too big, if they release more, than 8.

I got the first two, of course, plus I have that Scream Factory box set.

I said 8 because those are Paramount, the following four movies are New Line. I know the remake has its own steelbook (ugly), and there's some German steel for FvJ. Don't think there's any for FGTH and Jason X...

Would love to have all 12 with original poster art, such as these current 1-3. ;)

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Yes, I thought as much - first they do a set or a collection, then put them out separately.
Still a question remains what they'll do, when they get to parts 5-8, which I assume the ones that are still two movies on one BD. Only Shout Factory has them on individual discs.
I guess they could just replicate the same disc for both separate steelbooks, there's historical precedence of that with Nightmare on Elm Street films in German mediabooks.
Paramount 8 film box set releases in 2021

Part 5/6 on 1 Disc (Friday The 13th Part V: A New Beginning/Friday The 13th Part Vi: Jason Lives
Parts 7/8 on 1 Disc (Friday The 13th Part Vii: The New Blood/Friday The 13th Part Viii: Jason Takes Manhattan)
Parts 1/2/3 and Final Chapter had own disc each per film

4 discs + 2 discs that had 2 films per discs
Total 6 discs

The other Friday the 13th films you got in Scream Factory box set release and the previous Joint Warner/Paramount Tin box set are not paramount films
Not Paramount Films in USA
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (Warner)
Jason X (Warner)
Freddy vs. Jason (Warner)
Friday the 13th (2009) (Warner)

Paramount only have the rights to 8 films which why their recent 8 film box sets only had the films listed below
Friday The 13th (1980)
Friday the 13th Part 2
Friday the 13th Part 3
Friday the 13th Final Chapter
Friday The 13th Part V: A New Beginning
Friday The 13th Part Vi: Jason Lives
Friday The 13th Part Vii: The New Blood
Friday The 13th Part Viii: Jason Takes Manhattan

Last edited:
I saw this in theaters and the only reason I bothered, was because it was a color 3D movie, so I’m surprised that this isn’t being released in 3D (even if 3D is mostly dead).