DVD Friday the 13th Ultimate DVD Edition [USA]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Saw this in Home Media Magazine today and thought I'd post for all you killer fans out there. Note,this is a DVD set.

Fridaythe13th.WEB.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005D7E80S/?tag=hidefnin-20

From article:

Relive machete-wielding madman Jason Voorhees’ most terrifying killing sprees with Friday the 13th: The Ultimate Collection, slashing out on DVD from Paramount Home Entertainment Oct. 4. The eight-DVD boxed set is listed at $39.99.

Included are Friday the 13th: Uncut Deluxe Edition, Friday the 13th: Part 2, Friday the 13th: Part 3-3D (complete with two pairs of 3D glasses), Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning, Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood and Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan.

The Ultimate Collection — limited to 50,000 copies worldwide — comes with a replica Jason hockey mask and a collector’s booklet. The set contains hours of bonus material, such as “slashed” scenes, cast and crew commentaries, theatrical trailers, multipart “Lost Tales From Camp Blood” and “The Crystal Lake Massacres Revisited” featurettes, and more.

Friday the 13th (1980), the first film in the series, directed by Sean S. Cunningham, starred Betsy Palmer, Adrienne King, Jeannine Taylor and a young Kevin Bacon. The franchise centers on Jason, who drowned at Camp Crystal Lake and returns in each film to get revenge.

Reactions: filmwizard
why? why would Paramount re-issue another DVD Box Set of F-13 films? It makes no damn sense at all, Especially since thay have already released the First 3 films on BD already. Dont get me wrong, its a nice set especially for a collector, but worthless in a world of High Definition Media.

Shame on you Paramount.

Black, the majority of recorded media buyers still buy dvd and don't have an interest in upgrading to BD (via sales stats), so they are probably just making sure they don't miss the...ehem...butcherknife on that segment of the market...

DB, its still a Huge bowl of Shite. I already own 3 versions of the Paramount owned Friday films on DVD with 3 also on BD. I wont be doing the Fourth DVD set. For me its all BD from here on out with Movies I already own on DVD. I wont be Double Dipping DVDs anymore.