Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £34.99

Furiosa A Mad Max Saga.jpg

You tried a debit card too? I had this problem with trying to order Frozen Empire and The Fall Guy but this order went straight through.
Just tried now and it still doesn't work with cc so wasted a code.
It's now becoming a joke at HMV, how have they not sorted this yet.
I would think a debit card would charge straight away
and i don't wanna pay now with paypal.

Just saw this and enjoyed it but not as much as fury road. It looked really good and I really liked Tom Burke it in as well but I think it suffered with the story being told over a number of years which meant I didn’t feel the kinetic energy of fury road which was non stop story told over a couple of days.

Reactions: NateDog
Just saw this and enjoyed it but not as much as fury road. It looked really good and I really liked Tom Burke it in as well but I think it suffered with the story being told over a number of years which meant I didn’t feel the kinetic energy of fury road which was non stop story told over a couple of days.
Felt a bit similar myself. Thought it was good but can't say I loved it. It was quite slow to build up and I didn't ever really feel like it had a big pay-off to me apart from maybe one section towards the end. Slower movies are never an issue with me given the majority of my favourite movies are slow burners but this one just felt like it was lacking a bit of punch. I will admit the overuse of CGI in some sections was quite noticeable, and the screen I had to attend was actually far too dark for my liking so I'd say in a better screen it would probably stand out even more.

Not saying I disliked it just to clarify, but I don't see myself itching to watch it again so it's probably a good thing that none of these releases so far have interested me.

Reactions: snow flake
Just tried now and it still doesn't work with cc so wasted a code.
It's now becoming a joke at HMV, how have they not sorted this yet.
I would think a debit card would charge straight away
and i don't wanna pay now with paypal.
Only PayPal charges straight away. Any card, debit or credit, will only charge on dispatch.

Dude, try it. Like I said, it worked fine for me earlier despite me having the same issue in the past.
It uses codes up, and u already mentioned it didn't work before on other releases,
so im surprised it worked for you when u confirmed the process of debit and cc was the same
so the worldpay process would be the same.
What time did u do the order?

It uses codes up, and u already mentioned it didn't work before on other releases,
so im surprised it worked for you when u confirmed the process of debit and cc was the same
Debit card worked cleanly with me at 10am this morning dude. I ordered on my phone using my mobile browser. Not sure if that helps you.
Have you tried using their webpage on a mobile and/or desktop browser? Sometimes it makes a difference. :thumbs:

Debit card worked cleanly with me at 10am this morning dude. I ordered on my phone using my mobile browser. Not sure if that helps you.
Have you tried using their webpage on a mobile and/or desktop browser? Sometimes it makes a difference. :thumbs:
It's to do with HMV, the worldpay payment process but only on HMV, they fix it, it breaks again, it can also work
and break during the same day. Many have had this issue over the last 2 months. No issues ever before.
I had this happen with other releases like Ghostbusters pre order, but was working the day after.
But now its going to be a long weekend.
Thanks for help but its nothing to do with browser.

18:40, with Safari on an iPad running latest iPadOS, content blockers turned off. Worldpay screen appeared, went through fine without me needing to confirm the transaction on my banking app. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Roofr4sh
keeps happening on new release to order when its popular, has it been sorted now?
I've not tried yet,
No idea if it's been sorted. I tried at least a dozen times yesterday with no success. In the end, I just paid with PayPal in case it went out of stock. Had the same thing happen last week with The Fall Guy but that eventually sorted itself out. I tried ordering Furiosa on 3 different devices and they all failed, all on HMVs side, my debit card works just fine, used it for other things no problem. I've no idea why it keeps happening, even confirmed the order 3 times via banking app and it kept failing. Think it has to do with new releases and WorldPay as other HMV orders work just fine.

Hmmm. Also not sure how I feel about this movie... Big, beautiful, sensory overload and a characteristically hammy Hemsworth - Thor with the same prosthetic nose Damon used in Oceans 13...

But far from standing on it's own it does succumb to that pitfall of prequels, the sense that every scene is merely filler to bridge a gap between stories that really didn't need greater exposition... And that sense so predictably embodied in the closing act *spoiler alert* which was ostensibly a dialogue free teaser for Fury Road synchronised to the soundtrack and pace of Furiosa's closing credits.

And then the brief flash of a Hoult War Boy reference - and I hope to goodness that character isn't about to get a background story in order to milk his character's one-movie appearance.

Enjoyable but not profound.

No idea if it's been sorted. I tried at least a dozen times yesterday with no success. In the end, I just paid with PayPal in case it went out of stock. Had the same thing happen last week with The Fall Guy but that eventually sorted itself out. I tried ordering Furiosa on 3 different devices and they all failed, all on HMVs side, my debit card works just fine, used it for other things no problem. I've no idea why it keeps happening, even confirmed the order 3 times via banking app and it kept failing. Think it has to do with new releases and WorldPay as other HMV orders work just fine.
yep that's the conclusion i get, also seen another 10 people say debit and cc not working.
May just have to bite the bullet this time and do paypal.

Reactions: MrSquifler