General Poster Discussion & last purchased

Apr 2, 2009
General Poster Talk and Share your Latest Purchases!

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you in deed.

bought all three !

these are gonna look cool in our bedroom.

Awesome :thumbs: I love the colors!

Received mine today. Unfortunately it got mad wrinkles. Seller packed it really really well and even written in english and german on the package "do not bend" but the post didn't read :(

vfwq2x.jpg
fwp2fs.jpg

@dan8885 thats rough was it ever settled?

has anyone ever gone to the mondo gallery, do you just walk in, do you need an appointment. IIRC I remember having this discussion but I think all poster are actually on sale there. I might be sent to Austin on a business trip in April...

Reactions: dan8885
@mllNY : Naw, from the postman straight to the trashcan :grumpy: Only got bad experience ordering poster from the other end of the world.

Received these yesterday, bought at german eBay for cost, mint :drool: my first "exclusive" art for movies ever. never got mondos, olly moss etc.
so happy with and I hope I can add some more stuff in the future

2zhe9kz.jpg

@dan8885 thats rough was it ever settled?

has anyone ever gone to the mondo gallery, do you just walk in, do you need an appointment. IIRC I remember having this discussion but I think all poster are actually on sale there. I might be sent to Austin on a business trip in April...

What exactly are you looking to pick up? The only time they'll sell you something on site is during a show usually. You can go and pick up stuff that you ordered online though, I suppose they might also sell you something that didn't sell out online and that they have in hand.

@White Rat I want to go to the gallery, but i assume that they have some prints for sale in general, also I thought that wile they are running an exhibit they have the posters from the exhibit on sale. During the batman gallery I was under the impression you could walk in and buy any thing, like I swear I saw someone with the year one jock cause he went down

I assume they have some type of show going almost continually

you can buy there @mllNY but usually when a show is going on. A show can last a month tho .... obviously the more popular pieces sell out during opening weekend but the gallery will still show all. I used to live in Austin, lmk if i can help.

Reactions: mllNY
@dan8885

Did you remove the creases from your poster ? . IF not a rearly well padded ironing board poster on it . Thick dry towle in half on top of the poster . Low heat on your iron . If it dosent work go to 1 layer of towel .

It's worked on a few things here . Mainly kids homework screwd up in pockets and bottom of bags . MIGHT be worth a try flower :) . Just be gental .

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dan8885
@Wreck thanks, yeah I might be sent at the end of april to austin. If I am I am going to try to make my way down there. I see the current exhibit ends 2-3 weeks before that, but there may be enough time for a new one to open.

If something sold out its not like I would have been able to buy it anyways but if I am there and there is something I like then I may pick it up.

so then if an item is say limited to 125 but was sold at the gallery could that be why it can sell out so quickly if 70 are bought before they sell them online then there really are only 55 for sale and what if something sells out then do they just never show you that stuff on their website

@dan8885

Did you remove the creases from your poster ? . IF not a rearly well padded ironing board poster on it . Thick dry towle in half on top of the poster . Low heat on your iron . If it dosent work go to 1 layer of towel .

It's worked on a few things here . Mainly kids homework screwd up in pockets and bottom of bags . MIGHT be worth a try flower :) . Just be gental .

Thanks for the hint. As a sneaker collector I use this technique on my sneakers :LOL: when the toe box get wrinkles, I do it with a wet shirt :thumbs:

I wanted to frame it, so with the iron I think I will get the wrinkle away but the color fibers are broken so it will be there for forever :grumpy:

Reactions: Scary Hair
so then if an item is say limited to 125 but was sold at the gallery could that be why it can sell out so quickly if 70 are bought before they sell them online then there really are only 55 for sale and what if something sells out then do they just never show you that stuff on their website

@mllNY that's correct. ;) Plus think about it .... would you rather package and ship 125 or only have to package 55 ;) ... hence why a lot of their gallery stuff is on display for 3 weeks worth of sales before it ever hits online.

@dan8885 I have an extra interstellar print (diff imagery tho but same "line") ... you can have it ... but might be worth purchasing some other print or something? (HDN shop?) cause the shipping might be costly.......

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dan8885 and mllNY
Since I miss out on every special release of all of these companies because I dont use Facebook or Twitter, I order some classic giclee prints for my wall. Mostly old hand drawn stuff :drool: But I got no money for the original releases so allposter is my friend :whistle:

Received this today framed from allposters who got -40 % at that day I ordered. The Curse of the Werewolf aka La Nuit du Loup-Garou.
The colors are sooooooo beautiful, couldn't catch them in the photo with all the light and reflection

wa2ck7.jpg

@paulboland what you say my hammer buddy ;) approved? :rolleyes:

@Wreck arghhh, I can't seem to get a hotel on the saturday at the conference rate and they are closed sunday and monday and I have no time tuesday or wednesday to get over there. I am super frustrated right now...

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites when I was in Austin. It's close to the airport and only like 10 minutes from downtown. Pretty cheap rates for a nice room. Could probably get a room there for like $100 or cheaper I'd bet.