General Poster Discussion & last purchased

Apr 2, 2009
General Poster Talk and Share your Latest Purchases!

Last edited by a moderator:
there will be some framing soon @Jason Bourne

its actually funny in 2014 I bought a lot of prints but did no framing in 2015 I bought very few prints but framed a lot and so far in 2016 I've bought not a lot but some high ISOs that cost money so I've not done any framing but my GotG is looking like that will be framed.

I'm considering the SotD as well but I know that Ise Star Wars from Bottleneck is coming up and well yeah...

• Thanks
Reactions: Jason Bourne
@Wreck love the atx vibe, just hate the traffic. My first choice city after graduation.

Just got her back from the framers

what ya think fellas? @Wreck @Jason Bourne @dan8885 @C.C. 95 Couldn't find that neon blue mat, but I like the purple because it pulls your eyes towards the middle of the print and makes the blue pop even more.

image_5.jpeg

Wow, this looks amazing! Really great choice. Thanks for the tag. Is that your wall color? If so that fits also excellent :D Seems like you got way more possibilities in the US to frame. I went to some framers over here and they don't offer the colored passepartout :sour:

Reactions: Liftid
@Wreck love the atx vibe, just hate the traffic. My first choice city after graduation.

Just got her back from the framers

what ya think fellas? @Wreck @Jason Bourne @dan8885 @C.C. 95 Couldn't find that neon blue mat, but I like the purple because it pulls your eyes towards the middle of the print and makes the blue pop even more.

image_5.jpeg
That is really nice @Liftid !
That is such a nice piece. What is the story behind it? Is it from a comic?
(I'm really curious as to the story, because I want to know why she has blood on her in the reflection...Is it from a vampire comic?).

• Thanks
Reactions: Liftid and dan8885
Wow, this looks amazing! Really great choice. Thanks for the tag. Is that your wall color? If so that fits also excellent :D Seems like you got way more possibilities in the US to frame. I went to some framers over here and they don't offer the colored passepartout :sour:
That is so weird. You would think that would not be hard. It's not like the acquisition of art is more prolific in the States (or am I wrong in that assumption?).

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
That is so weird. You would think that would not be hard. It's not like the acquisition of art is more prolific in the States (or am I wrong in that assumption?).

I don't know why. I know a lot about framing since back when my parents wasn't divorced my Dad was a framer and owned a Gallery. Could've been so simple back in the days :D But yeah, life happens.
And from that time I still know most of the framers in town and they all don't offer this kind of passepartout. Just some white and grey tones. Strange.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I don't know why. I know a lot about framing since back when my parents wasn't divorced my Dad was a framer and owned a Gallery. Could've been so simple back in the days :D But yeah, life happens.
And from that time I still know most of the framers in town and they all don't offer this kind of passepartout. Just some white and grey tones. Strange.

You can order just mats from many sites. fyi.

looks good @Liftid :thumbs:

• Thanks
Thanks guys! I don't actually know the backstory behind the piece, I just love the colors used and I can relate to having a messy place like that if I don't have a girl come over atleast once a week to motivate me to actually clean.
Me and the manager became buddies so he really hooks it up on the price and gives me the damaged masterpiece glass so we cut it down and I can use it for smaller pieces like this, so if any of ya'll have any ideas for pieces smaller than 24x36 please let me know!

michaels.jpg

Just bought my first couple of prints and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a place to buy some decent frames in the UK?
Any help would be much appreciated :thumbs:

Just bought my first couple of prints and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a place to buy some decent frames in the UK?
Any help would be much appreciated :thumbs:

what prints did you buy? A lot of times the quality of the print has a lot to do with WHERE it was printed. fyi. I'd say the cream the of the crop is who Mondo uses most of the time. D&L , then nods to Lady Laz and Half & Half, Static

• Helpful Post