Ghost in the Shell (1995) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: September 27, 2021
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Anime-On-Line - Amazon UK
Price: £39.99 (Zavvi - HMV - Amazon) - £37.49 (Anime-On-Line)
Note: The special features are on the blu-ray disc

AC486906-1CA0-42DF-A140-9E3366BF24E8.jpeg

97A90D20-30F3-4018-9568-59790D3905BE.jpeg7EB4DF16-1E19-4EFD-8081-4B85C535E3E7.jpegCA0DFEBC-5BC9-4BA2-BBE6-4F79055EE2A3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my copy in pristine condition from Anime-On-Line this Monday. Unlike Zavvi, they ship items wrapped in bubble wrap. I also own the Best Buy edition, which looks more cool.

I'm wondering if I can put this steel in my Korean premium box set from 2018. I never opened it, so not sure how thick the amaray cases are. It would match perfectly with that edition.

Last edited:
What about the end credits song for the JP track on this release? Is it still "One Minute Warning"? Or did they finally fix it to Chant 3

cant find the first uk steelbook

View attachment 517866

It was also released in the US (without the booklet, I believe). It's pretty cheap on the secondary market over there.

I envy you having the French steelbook. THAT is pretty expensive on the sec. market!

The steelbook could have been so much better. Imagine Motoko Kusanagi would be embossed both on the front and the back, plus a glossy finish. That would have been perfect.
No comment on the full slip, though. Lol

May not be the best art but I'm happy with my purchase, it's a step in the right direction for zavvi. Could be better. Could be worse
Yeah, it just shows how spoiled we got with so much to choose from. :) If I got this particular release ten years ago, I'd probably display it in a glass cabinet. Today, it's just another subpar edition (though personally I quite like it).

Reactions: gAnX
May not be the best art but I'm happy with my purchase, it's a step in the right direction for zavvi. Could be better. Could be worse
I actually quite like the art on this, I'm more concerned over the quality of the slip.

Me too. Slip quality is perfectly fine imo. Nothing outstanding, but it's on par with the best arrow video slips, which is about all I was expecting. This isn't a premium retailer release afterall.
Oh ok, better than I expected if it's on par with what Arrow put out there. Kinda expected it to be the flimsy shite that some release :LOL:
Think I may have to change my mind again and pick this up :D:thumbs:

Oh ok, better than I expected if it's on par with what Arrow put out there. Kinda expected it to be the flimsy shite that some release :LOL:
Think I may have to change my mind again and pick this up :D:thumbs:
No, it's not filmsy at all. It's solid and well enough made. Flat matte finish, but it's nice and soft to the touch, with metallic highlights to the images and circuitry in the background.

Reactions: Robles
A The Top: Steelbook from France:
- Ghost In The Shell (Remastered)
- Ghost In The Shell 2.0 Features:
(Original Movie)

Below: Steelbook from UK:
Ghost In The Shell (Remastered)
Ghost In The Shell 4K

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-27-22-27-14-152_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-27-22-27-14-152_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    915.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_2021-09-27-22-26-59-106_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-27-22-26-59-106_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
Was hoping to find a unboxing video because so far everyone’s photos have been pretty sh!t but nothing. Im still undecided on this and unless someone actually posts some photos that show the detail in detail then a video will have to suffice

About the twelfth time he held something up close to the camera, I wondered if he might ever notice that the camera doesn't focus that close that quickly.

Nope.

Reactions: PracticingPat
theres one here

cheers, I’ve been looking all weekend lol

About the twelfth time he held something up close to the camera, I wondered if he might ever notice that the camera doesn't focus that close that quickly.

Nope.

haha tell me about it.

Okay it don’t look as bad as I thought. But I can’t understand why they didn’t emboss the floating figure either. Weird

Reactions: ethnosax
Okay it don’t look as bad as I thought. But I can’t understand why they didn’t emboss the floating figure either. Weird
It's weirder to me that they didn't emboss the figure on the rear, seeing as they debossed the window behind her :oops:

It's essentially left ger leg and arm in the foreground, and the rest of her sunk into the background with the window.

I'm not going to complain too much though, rare bossing is rear enough as it is and I am really partial to it.

Reactions: Flloydo