Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
RELEASE DATE: Sept. 16, 2014
PRICE: 104.99
Order: Amazon

image.jpg

From ComingSoon:
Entertainment Weekly brings word that the fan-favorite Ghostbusters will be making its way back into more than 700 theaters on August 29 in celebration of the film's 30th Anniversary. In addition, the film and its sequel will be released on Blu-ray on September 16th featuring some brand new content, including conversations with director Ivan Reitman and star Dan Aykroyd.

"Ghostbusters is still one of our studio’s most beloved franchises," said Sony’s president of worldwide distribution. "I was lucky enough to work on the release of the film on its first run, so it’s a real thrill for me to see that it’s still connecting with audiences everywhere. On the big screen or in home entertainment, this is a great movie to experience again and again."

You can check out the packaging for the Ghostbusters Blu-ray set below and check back here for more details on the re-release very soon.

HDN DIGIBOOK THREAD

Both will be the 4K versions. :thumbs:

Here's the Special Features...

GHOSTBUSTERS Blu-ray Special Features:

- NEW! Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective - Roundtable Discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd (Part 1)
- NEW! Poster Art Gallery – Gallery 1988 artwork
- NEW! “Ghostbusters” Music Video – Ray Parker, Jr.
- Legacy Content:​
-- ​​Slimer Mode – Picture in Picture and Trivia Track
-- Commentary w/ Ivan Reitman, Harold Ramis & Joe Medjuck
-- 10 Deleted Scenes
-- 1984 Featurette
-- Cast and Crew Featurette
-- SFX Team Featurette
-- Multi-Angles​
-- Ecto-1: Resurrecting the Classic Car
-- Ghostbusters Garage: Ecto-1 Gallery Storyboard Comparisons

GHOSTBUSTERS II Blu-ray Special Features:

- NEW! Time Is But A Window: Ghostbusters II and Beyond - Roundtable Discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd (Part 2)
- NEW! Deleted Scenes
- NEW! “On Our Own” Music Video – Bobby Brown

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the 4K Ghostbusters in my Amazon cart at the moment, so I'm glad that I saw this before I made the purchase.

The Slimer statue isn't too bad. That Digibook is sexy, though, and finally... GHOSTBUSTERS II ON BLU-RAY!!! :oohyeah:

That does look pretty cool, I hope they release Ghostbusters 2 on its own though. I already have the first mastered in 4K one and the statue would have to be really good quality for me to be tempted with this.

They will release Ghostbusters 2 on bluray for sure, I will wait for a Ghostbusters 2 steelbook though as i have the first :)

Reactions: vurt
They will release Ghostbusters 2 on bluray for sure, I will wait for a Ghostbusters 2 steelbook though as i have the first :)

This looks nice and I like the new logo but I'll wait for a Ghostbusters 2 steel as well. :D

I wonder if the set itself comes with the Digibook. Then I wouldn't have to choose...

Edit: Sorry, just read the press release, looks like the set does come with the Digibook. Awesome.

Yes:scat: So Glad They Decided To Release It Like This
I Do Love Me Some Collectors Edition's
The Features Are Kickin..
Thanks Tridon

Comes this edetion to the UK?

So its a worldwide release?

In Germany comes a edition with the slimer statue, both films and a steelbook(maybe a old information and we besome a digibook too).

That price is pretty nuts. Not sure if I'll get this now. I might just go for the regular Digibook. I love Slimer, but I already have a toy of him on my shelf.