Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £34.99

Artwork TBC

HMV Exclusive.jpg

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I'm really amazed at how bad the covers for these latest Ghostbusters films have been, when you consider how iconic they should and could have been. I ended getting the Ecto-1 closeup steelbook for Aftetlife, but even then I felt like it was the best of a bad bunch. It at least summed up the theme of the movie for me. But is there a reason why they either avoid using the actors images on these covers specifically, have them with their backs to us, or use some cartoon filter on them? Again I felt this steelbook was the better of the two, but still felt underwhelmed, and when I zoomed in on the cover it's actually made to look like a cartoon image? The movie posters for this film were so epic and it feels like they're unable to use anything like that for these releases.

I'm really amazed at how bad the covers for these latest Ghostbusters films have been, when you consider how iconic they should and could have been. I ended getting the Ecto-1 closeup steelbook for Aftetlife, but even then I felt like it was the best of a bad bunch. It at least summed up the theme of the movie for me. But is there a reason why they either avoid using the actors images on these covers specifically, have them with their backs to us, or use some cartoon filter on them? Again I felt this steelbook was the better of the two, but still felt underwhelmed, and when I zoomed in on the cover it's actually made to look like a cartoon image? The movie posters for this film were so epic and it feels like they're unable to use anything like that for these releases.

A question people ask every time a new title is released.

Just assume there is a reason why they don't and understand that people in the know are never going to tell you what it is.

Then stop asking why. :)

You never know, It could be under that Jcard/wrapper, Looks like there is plenty of room at the top for a Title :)
No, look at the UK one, and they wouldn't have it on the J-card then.
A question people ask every time a new title is released.

Just assume there is a reason why they don't and understand that people in the know are never going to tell you what it is.

Then stop asking why. :)

I know why - they think you're suckers, taking you for a ride. Regular customer will grab an amaray, most even on DVD. Casual fan will buy whatever crappy steelbook they release.
Then in a few years, for an anniversary or a sequel release, you'll get one of those poster arts, and they know hardcore collectors will buy them again, and again next time.

Well, if you want to have a say on image designs or a well thought/ laid out steelbook then be sure to follow me! Fresh Brewed Games is my label.

Starting this summer once my background check goes through and my paperwork come back. I'll be a brand new Premium steelbook creator of video game steelbooks!! I'll be designing all the layouts and won't be saddling folks with lazy ******* designs like they did with Mario Bros the movie or Zelda recent switch steelbook.

Well, if you want to have a say on image designs or a well thought/ laid out steelbook then be sure to follow me! Fresh Brewed Games is my label.

Starting this summer once my background check goes through and my paperwork come back. I'll be a brand new Premium steelbook creator of video game steelbooks!! I'll be designing all the layouts and won't be saddling folks with lazy ******* designs like they did with Mario Bros the movie or Zelda recent switch steelbook.
For Real Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I worked in the design business for decades and unfortunately the lazy ***** as you call them have no say in the design. The studio tells you what to use and not what to use. It's next to impossible to be creative. A good example is the Dr Who the collection blu-ray sets. Lovely designs let down by the demand to use a logo which has nothing to do with the series. I suspect a lot of designers throw their head up in go "Why do I bother?"

I worked in the design business for decades and unfortunately the lazy ***** as you call them have no say in the design. The studio tells you what to use and not what to use. It's next to impossible to be creative. A good example is the Dr Who the collection blu-ray sets. Lovely designs let down by the demand to use a logo which has nothing to do with the series. I suspect a lot of designers throw their head up in go "Why do I bother?"
Interesting. I guess it must just depend upon the film studio.

The rep i meet with at GDC told me Nintendo of America wrote them a blank check and said make us a cool steelbook for the new Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. When I told him what a massive disappointment the rock/ brick boring design of Tears of the Kingdom steel had he took offense to it since his design team on the gaming side of Scanavo came up with it

• Haha
Reactions: astycorax
When I told him what a massive disappointment the rock/ brick boring design of Tears of the Kingdom steel had he took offense to it since his design team on the gaming side of Scanavo came up with it
They should put it up to a vote online, if they have such freedom, to test if their 'genius design' is appreciated by the very public it's made for.

Agreed, But at least they have decided to keep with the same logo for future releases in the collection series to remain consistent. Unlike when they changed the logo used on the VHS releases after the 1996 TV movie came out!

Agreed, But at least they have decided to keep with the same logo for future releases in the collection series to remain consistent. Unlike when they changed the logo used on the VHS releases after the 1996 TV movie came out!
True but not using the proper Dr Who logos for the relative eras bugs the hell out of me.

Reactions: tenderheartbear

The rep i meet with at GDC told me Nintendo of America wrote them a blank check and said make us a cool steelbook for the new Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. When I told him what a massive disappointment the rock/ brick boring design of Tears of the Kingdom steel had he took offense to it since his design team on the gaming side of Scanavo came up with it
Disney are the worst when it comes to designers. Virtually no say in the matter... Also I have "issues" with a lot of designers coming in today. They lack something my generation had. Can't put my finger on it but I get annoyed with the lack of imagination on display....

Good luck with your video games getting SteelBook releases business venture.

It’s not the same in regards to Films or TV series getting SteelBook releases as that involves film/TV studios and sometimes producer/director/actors approving what artwork is used.
Film Studio has final say on the Artwork.

Video Games and Films/TV productions is a totally different business.

@JRodDirector
The separate forum section for Video Games SteelBooks
That is where you post info about your business venture you are planning in regards to Video Games as it's not releated to Films/TV SteelBook releases.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: JRodDirector