Godzilla: Minus One (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Deluxe Edition) (Amazon Exclusive) [Japan]

Release date: May 1, 2024
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥15,100
Notes: Digipack release that also Includes Empty SteelBook

IMG_7015.jpeg

SteelBook
IMG_7014.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wowsers. This movie just dropped on both US and UK Netflix over the weekend... Had no idea it was even imminent.
Yeah I watched it again the other night. B&W version goes up soon too. Stand by what I said, it is a great film, but it’s over hyped at the same time

Germany too. Dont get that release policy, first JP only then suddenly "free" on Netflix and still no discs for ROW?
I think it’s because they believed out of respect no one was going to stream it illegally but by limiting it to only Japan digital and physical it massively backfired on them and they’ve had no choice.

And with that maybe the rest of the world physical discs will be pushed quicker… time will tell

Reactions: Punker76
Netflix is Dolby Vision and has Original Japanese Audio in Dolby Atmos
Also has dubbed audio options in German,English,Spanish,French,Polish
Dubbed audio 5.1

Subtitles option
German,English,French,Japanese,Polish,Ukrainian

Reactions: GeoRattray
I think it’s because they believed out of respect no one was going to stream it illegally but by limiting it to only Japan digital and physical it massively backfired on them and they’ve had no choice.

And with that maybe the rest of the world physical discs will be pushed quicker… time will tell
Germany too. Dont get that release policy, first JP only then suddenly "free" on Netflix and still no discs for ROW?
Well, the US release has been pushed back contractually because of Warner having made that arrangement with Toho to not impact the (cinema and home video) release of Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire.

My guess is that's also holding back many other countries to some extent. Luckily, e.g. Germany got a disc release already confirmed by the local label itself, just no release date yet. Until then, Netflix it is.

I just got it safely delivered from Ebay thank Heavens!!

Wish the steelbook had a nicer finish on it. The finish on my Godzilla displate wipes the floor in quality
20240606_173013.jpg

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Guys
I'm struggling with this. There's 2 versions showing on Amazon.JP but with 2 different prices. One coming in around £56 and one around £45, I can't see any difference from the photos. Am I missing something?

Guys
I'm struggling with this. There's 2 versions showing on Amazon.JP but with 2 different prices. One coming in around £56 and one around £45, I can't see any difference from the photos. Am I missing something?
Neither of those will come with the steelbook. Only the link in the OP comes with it, and it's currently sold out via amazon jp directly. It was around £110 shipped initially, however I did see one pop back in stock a few days ago at £85.

Reactions: Beersandblurays
Neither of those will come with the steelbook. Only the link in the OP comes with it, and it's currently sold out via amazon jp directly. It was around £110 shipped initially, however I did see one pop back in stock a few days ago at £85.
Thank you. Do you know the difference in those two then for the £10 price difference?

Never mind. One was the Steelbook now showing out of stock again.....

You Snooze You Lose Comedy Bang Bang GIF by IFC

Never mind. One was the Steelbook now showing out of stock again.....
That's your answer. Was that the 4K one, or the blu-ray one? The 4K wouldn't have been the prices you said including the tax uplift and shipping at checkout, so I'd assume blu-ray. The blu-ray one has a different digipack and slip design btw.

That's your answer. Was that the 4K one, or the blu-ray one? The 4K wouldn't have been the prices you said including the tax uplift and shipping at checkout, so I'd assume blu-ray. The blu-ray one has a different digipack and slip design btw.
I'm convinced it was the 4K! although I didn't add to basket so no shipping / tax was showing at the time. That said It did show up with an 11% discount off RRP.

I'm convinced it was the 4K! although I didn't add to basket so no shipping / tax was showing at the time. That said It did show up with an 11% discount off RRP.
If it was the 4K one, with the steel, it would come out at £85 shipped to the UK at checkout, with the discount. The tax bump is a bit, but shipping is over 3,000jpy. Yeah, i think that's the discount it had the other day when I noticed it was back in.

Reactions: Beersandblurays
Shouldn't be, around £40 should be the standard bluray boxset, the 4k was more like double that and the 4k boxset with steelbook and extra tat came in just over £100.

I'd guess the £10 difference was just down to a different seller on the same standard bluray boxset (or maybe some minor extras included with one but not the other).

Shouldn't be, around £40 should be the standard bluray boxset, the 4k was more like double that and the 4k boxset with steelbook and extra tat came in just over £100.

I'd guess the £10 difference was just down to a different seller on the same standard bluray boxset (or maybe some minor extras included with one but not the other).
I think that it's just that he didn't go to checkout, so there wasn't any shipping or uk tax uplift added. With the 11%, and without any of that, it'd come in at less than £60. The cheaper one is the other 4k variant (just item price), without the steelbook etc..

Reactions: sbarker