Godzilla Minus One - In theaters November 3, 2023

kM5FcckjKbWSeV9Gj0hBTpvNuvi.jpg

Title: Godzilla Minus One

Genre: Science Fiction, Horror, Action

Director: Takashi Yamazaki

Cast: Ryunosuke Kamiki, Minami Hamabe, Yuki Yamada, Munetaka Aoki

Release: 2023-11-03

Plot: In postwar Japan, a new terror rises. Will the devastated people be able to survive... let alone fight back?

Reactions: Chievera
Came across this on YouTube yesterday, was pleasantly surprised!
My favorite good intentioned, smart, pretty, cuddly bear like Gojira is back! SFX looking as good as in American films, of not better!
This is a first 'real Godzilla' movie in almost 20 years, since a second reboot of 6 movies ended in 2004 (starting with '99's Godzilla 2000).
There was a 2016 Shin Godzilla, which started this 3rd reboot/4th wave/era, but I didn't like how it looked, seems they've taken the upper limbs from a 'more realistic' dinosaur or even first American lizard, Emmerich's 1998 Godzilla, they looked tiny and pathetic.
And then there were 'only' 3 anime movies.

New trailer!

I got goosebumps when Godzilla is about to use the fiery breath.

Poor Gajira, walking around, playing with trains, and these pesky parasites on Earth's surface start firing tanks, plus it's so narrow and tight, can't turn around without knocking something over, like me in some stores...

Okay this looks decent! And we’ve got the series with Kurt Russell and his son coming soon too! Which is supposedly really well made

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Pardon my ignorance, but is there some meaning behind "minus one"?

I've watched the trailers for this and it looks epic!!! Pretty juked about, but curious as to the meaning of the title.

I've watched the trailers for this and it looks epic!!! Pretty juked about, but curious as to the meaning of the title.
I think it's supposed to be like a score, I could be completely wrong though. Like Humanity: 0 after WW2 and after Godzilla -1

Reactions: jaws finatic
Just got out of seeing this. What has plagued the last few Godzilla movies is how weak the human characters are. That is not the case with this film. They are really what makes this movie work. You become invested in them and the story surround post WWII Japan is compelling. That’s not to say the Godzilla scenes aren’t great, they are. The sound design is fantastic. I recommend checking out in theaters, maybe in a premium format.

Definitely one of the better movies I have seen this year.

Hearing crazy good things about this.

So much Godzilla to feast on. A series and 2 films! (Well, April for GodzillaXKong)

Reactions: TheWildEye

Here's a synopsis of the film from my local movie theatre website that explains the meaning behind the phrase (I believe it is in reference to the countries population).

Synopsis: Set in a post-war Japan, Godzilla Minus 1 will once again show us a Godzilla that is a terrifying and overwhelming force, which you already get a sense of from the teaser trailer and poster," Koji Ueda, President of Toho International, said in a statement. "The concept is that Japan, which had already been devastated by the war, faces a new threat with Godzilla, bringing the country into the 'minus.'"​

Just saw the movie last night and loved it. Might be the best movie of the year for me. 5/5

• Helpful Post
Reactions: jaws finatic