Gone Baby Gone (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (WEA) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: October 13th (was September 8th, 2014)
Price: £19.99
Buy link: Gone Baby Gone
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies. WEA.
Gloss
Scheduled to be live weekend of 7/26

gnw5xp1406115954-jpg.86003

Inside art:

gbg.jpg

Attachments

• GNW5XP1406115954-1.jpg
    GNW5XP1406115954-1.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 2,985
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 291
Last edited by a moderator:
Love this film but I'm not to impressed with the artwork. I do like it but wanted more I think
I kind of agree... I'm a bit disappointed they didn't go with something new/unique and just stuck to playing it safe by using the poster art. Would love to have seen a design similar to The Town and Argo steelbooks (with blue and red). That poster is still pretty nice though, and I'll definitely be picking this up! :)

I for one am THRILLED they're using the poster art. I hate it when they try to come up with something new because the majority of the time it sucks. And GLOSS! Studiocanal/Zavvi have really suprised me. Looks like they're stepping up their game.

The only complaint I still have is black-and-white inside art! Why? Just...stop...

Reactions: WKRP
Casey Affleck is a beast. Im would like to see his big bro Batman direct him in more films in the future. It seems Ben makes more of an effort with his films about his native Boston. Maybe it's a labor of love.

Anyway, can't wait for this. I already have the standard blu ray so bring it on Region Locked sons a bitches!!!

Reactions: MGD and Flloydo
So glad this is September release as had to cancel a few in August with there being so many but will definitely be keeping this one in once it goes live.

Awesome film and no complaints about artwork not being original (if it ain't broke don't fix it) this will look epic with Studiocanal finally bring us glossy finish.

I'm starting to warm towards this artwork now. Think that will look really nice glossy. And it is a cool picture. I was hoping for the bar scene for inside work with the mask. Love that scene and it's such a freaky mask. Affleck makes good use of masks in his films (hah and soon to be wearing a mask). Looking forward to watching this in HD as I only own the DVD. I'm not too sure what they will use for the back art but I found this, I'm also not sure if this is fan art or not but this could look amazing.
image.jpg

Obviously without the text

Glad they used my artwork :p. But that poster is pretty much the only decent artwork they could have used without whipping something up on photoshop. And like the above post said, 9/10 "New" artwork sucks. Never seen this but due to my liking of artwork, gloss and peoples good reviews, this is an easy blind buy. Studiocanal can put out quality releases when they want to and I think this will be one.

Reactions: lolwut
YEESSSS!!!! Ben Affleck directorial steelbook collection will be complete!! Honestly, I'm okay with the artwork. I didn't expect it to be anything special, but this is better than I expected. I thought the cover would be exactly the same as amaray artwork. And the fact that it's glossy makes it better.

LOL, there can't be any news, if the retailer has not provided any updates yet? :hilarious:

I was getting at the person who asked 'any news?' as if the #1 steelbook forum (who Zavvi come to first) would just forget to announce details. :hilarious: Once again sarcasm is lost in translation. What is the universal code for sarcasm on the internet? :confused:

Edit: Oh. Nice steelbook. The wait, it seems, was worth it. Will pass...on a financial basis.