Good Charlotte Tosses Latest Album

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Good Charlotte has decided that they suck and they need to start over, essentially.

The band announced that the have scrapped their new album, before it has ever been heard by their fans, and plan to return to the studio to record a brand new disc.

The tough call came from Benji Madden, who was unhappy with the way the tracks sounded, and now the band is back in Vancouver to start all over again.

In a message posted on the band's website, Benji explains:

"When we got back from the last trip to Australia, we had pretty much finished recording the record. I went into the studio to hear some roughs and it just wasn't right.

I couldn't figure it out. I was so lost. I love the songs, I love the lyrics, so what was the problem. I was just so bewildered. Devastated actually.

This had never happened. I felt crazy. Like this. I told our manager to just PAUSE everything and I need time to think. I called all the boys immediately and called an emergency meeting. Everyone sat down. And I just said 'Guys, we gotta start over'."
And his bandmates agreed.

I was expecting everyone to freak on me and say 'What?!' But Billy (Martin) was the first to speak, and right away he said 'I knew you were gonna say that. My gut is telling me the same thing. Let's do it.' Everyone agreed."

Yeah. A lot of artists do it with songs. Like record 30 and only use 10... But to throw out everything is crazy... lol. But, though I don't like them that much, I respect that they didn't just put out an album they knew wasn't good.

man i thought these guys were done making music. they are so terrible!! no matter what they do its gonna be bad