snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 7, 2013
Purchase link: Gremlins
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited Edition Steelbook with embossed title treatment.

10830027-1372926114-905928 (1).jpg

10830027-1372926114-906000.jpg

10830027-1373643920-813240.jpg

Pictures of actual SteelBook courtesy of oxo66:

Last edited by a moderator:
oops didnt mean to thank that post!

Im not sure if I still want this even at £7.
Would rather have them both in steel then one with and one without.

I got delivery today fantastic price €8.75 Euro

Noticed 2 small paint chips on my Gremlins but not that bad I can live with the small paint chips

Got Delivery also today USA Braveheart steelbook(has better extras than UK Version) but Braveheart has no inside art :( so photo shows both Gremlins and Braveheart

Photos
64305_10202790213136976_23025862_n.jpg

Classic 80's Film Gremlins

Where you have the paint chips ?
How good is the quality of the metal and the lack ?

Top right on the edge of the border just below the title you can see one of the paint chips in the photo if you look closer

I did not notice the paint chips until I took shrink wrap off

64305_10202790213136976_23025862_n.jpg

It not a bad chip I just need a Sharpie marker with color to match to hide it

The Quality of the metal is fine just must have got damaged during transit its not that bad
Overall its a good looking steelbook
Nice use of color and embossing

Last edited:
Thanks, how is the quality, compared to other steelbooks(metal and lack)? I read something about thin lack, thin metall and dull colors.

Have youre Sharpie marker the exact color(blue maybe violet)?
I have big problems to find markers with matckimg colors.

Thanks, how is the quality, compared to other steelbooks(metal and lack)? I read something about thin lack, thin metall and dull colors.

I have big problems to find markers with matckimg colors.

2son.jpg

9tkj.jpg

yvud.jpg

It does feel very thin. The embossing is very minimal also compared to other Steelbooks IMO. The image itself is very saturated. If you don't take a photo with the flash on, the colours just look washed out.

Glad I didn't get this at full price. I wouldn't spend any more than a tenner on it if I'm honest.

Love the film though

I have big problems to find markers with matching colors.

The colors are ok its not glossy of course but it looks ok not fantastic
Would have been amazing if it was like The Goonies Steelbook
Best way is to look at a video unboxing on You Tube

Sharpie markers best way is go to a good art store were they have lot choice of colors and finishes
The trick with Sharpie markers only apply a small amount quick dab with the marker and if not happy wipe it off quick before it drys

Black is the easiest to cover up

The rest is just be careful its does not dry if not matching the color your trying to match

Last edited:
Reactions: Greyback
i got mine today, i was thinking what a member said somewhere here that maybe the steelbooks that are less than 10 pounds would be sent in jiffis but i got this one in a box and in great conditions, not too bad for the price that i got it for....could be better but its ok!

while at the NO Comic Con, I showed Zach Galligan the Zavvi Exclusive. The look on his face looked like genuine surprise at how awesome this blu-ray looks. He said he had never seen this before, looked it all over and asked if he could open it. I told him flat out "no, it's too valua...No, I didn't say that. Of course I said he could. I think he knew what steelbooks were, but wasn't too aware of them worldwide. Filled him in on it's origin, etc....

picture.php