Cancelled Hannibal (Season 3) [NBC]

Sixteenvolt420

TV/Video Game/Music Mod
Premium Supporter
Oct 3, 2010
Drums, PA
11154935_886355411387230_8604303051633378023_o.jpg

The dark and haunting series "Hannibal" returns for a second season with more shocking revelations and psychological cat and mouse games. Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) is locked in a mental asylum accused of Hannibal Lecter's crimes (Mads Mikkelsen). Now that Will sees Hannibal for what he truly is, he faces a fight to prove his own sanity and convince those closest to him he is innocent of murder. Jack Crawford (Laurence Fishburne) is dealing with his own feelings about Will and whether his protégé is in fact a cold-blooded killer. Looking for answers, Jack turns to Hannibal, a man he has come to trust. With Will locked up, Hannibal becomes Jack's new consultant on cases. Hannibal is torn between self-preservation and his desire to keep Will close to him, despite advice from his psychiatrist, Bedelia Du Maurier (Gillian Anderson), to stay away.

The deadly dance between these characters continues to turn in startling and unexpected ways, in a season that will show that nothing can ever be the same again.

Attachments

• Hannibal.jpg
    Hannibal.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Reactions: AnubisNefer
Wow!!!!! Episode 1 left me speechless.....:OMG:
Gillian Anderson.....oh my god!!!!!

So glad this is back.
The scenes in Florance (one of my favourite city's) were exquisite. Also loved the changing aspect ratio....
What a class act this show is.
Unique, intelligent, dark, twisted, beautifully shot....10/10
Best show on TV for me without doubt......:notworthy::drool::cigar:

Reactions: kaw
Wow!!!!! Episode 1 left me speechless.....:OMG:
Gillian Anderson.....oh my god!!!!!

So glad this is back.
The scenes in Florance (one of my favourite city's) were exquisite. Also loved the changing aspect ratio....
What a class act this show is.
Unique, intelligent, dark, twisted, beautifully shot....10/10
Best show on TV for me without doubt......:notworthy::drool::cigar:

Agreed. Episode one was awesome as all hell.

I was so looking forward to the new episodes. To be honest I am not so sure sbout episode 1, it was ridiculously slow and not sure why we needed to go over old things and why was Bedelia so shocked and upset at the end she knows that hannibal is a complete murdering nutter but is with him and when they appeared on the plane together end of season 2 she was fine thought her reaction was odd.

Hopefully it will pick up. The best bit Mads, as handsome as ever:drool:

Wow episode 2 was incredible.....:ohno::wow: And the sound design was just mindblowing....
My M&K S300 & S300T speakers were singing hallelujah....:naughty::oohyeah:

I thought my windows were going to shatter....
Can't wait to have this season on blu with a full HD soundtrack if DD 5.1 sounded that good....:ohno:EEK!

It'll get picked up by a cable channel. NBC has been champing at the bit to cancel it, and the cable networks have probably been champing at the bit to pick it up. This doesn't really surprise me at all. It really belongs on Netflix or HBO anyway.
And last season's ratings were the same as True Detective. Just goes to show you that a failure on a network is considered a hit on cable. They value things differently.

To be fair to NBC they gave it three seasons... despite the very low ratings. The show got this far on critical acclaim alone really. It's a shame we might not get to see the tv version of Clarice Starling... but 39 episodes of Mads Mikkelsen's Hannibal has been the best.

That is a real shame. It's strange because at least particularly in the UK they have really been advertising season three on tv and in magazines and only three episodes into the new season and it's cancelled that's going to drop the rating like a stone. They could have at least waited to announce it, kinda ruins it for everyone :(

I am disappointed as I liked the show and we were all waiting ages for the new series. Mads is an amazing actor but even as a huge fan I have to admit I am not completely astonished this third season has been a bit slow and wasn't sure where it was going. I hate when they cancel things so early as you do feel what's the point in carrying on watching. :(

Gutted.

To me the most fashionable, fascinating, exhilarating, exciting, mind blowing, we'll acted, perfect casted, beautifully filtered, crazy for detail direction of photography, mesmerizing series there is, but too bad it doesn't sell to a big audience.

Or at least big enough audience for the network.

To me this is up the alley with true detective season 1, but so lesser loved.

Shame. I feel sad.

That is a real shame. It's strange because at least particularly in the UK they have really been advertising season three on tv and in magazines and only three episodes into the new season and it's cancelled that's going to drop the rating like a stone. They could have at least waited to announce it, kinda ruins it for everyone :(

I am disappointed as I liked the show and we were all waiting ages for the new series. Mads is an amazing actor but even as a huge fan I have to admit I am not completely astonished this third season has been a bit slow and wasn't sure where it was going. I hate when they cancel things so early as you do feel what's the point in carrying on watching. :(
There's still plenty to enjoy, my friend. I mean, this year is two seasons really. The second half of the season is essentially a Red Dragon mini-series. And Bryan Fuller and the show's production companies aren't going to give up on the possibility of a fourth season happening somewhere :)

"Hannibal is finishing his last course at NBC’s table this summer, but a hungry cannibal can always dine again," - Bryan Fuller (I know it's foolish to be too optimistic but that sounds like a man who thinks that things aren't over... just yet)

Based on this article and the shows poor ratings I really can't see it reappearing

"...Nbc decided to cancel their low-ratedHannibal TV show. The current third season will be the series’ last.

Based on the Red Dragon novel by Thomas Harris, Hannibal revolves around the early relationship between FBI investigator Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) and Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen), a forensic psychiatrist who becomes an infamous cannibalistic serial killer. Others in the cast of this thriller series include Laurence J. Fishburne III, Aaron Abrams, Caroline Dhavernas, Scott Thompson, Tao Okamoto, and Gillian Anderson.

The show’s ratings were poor in its first season and they’ve gotten even worse in seasons two and three. The three installments of new season have averaged a 0.57 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.98 million viewers. Season-to-season, that’s down by 34% in the demo and down by 22% in viewership. Based on the numbers, NBC should have cancelled the series long ago..."

Based on this article and the shows poor ratings I really can't see it reappearing

"...Nbc decided to cancel their low-ratedHannibal TV show. The current third season will be the series’ last.

Based on the Red Dragon novel by Thomas Harris, Hannibal revolves around the early relationship between FBI investigator Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) and Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen), a forensic psychiatrist who becomes an infamous cannibalistic serial killer. Others in the cast of this thriller series include Laurence J. Fishburne III, Aaron Abrams, Caroline Dhavernas, Scott Thompson, Tao Okamoto, and Gillian Anderson.

The show’s ratings were poor in its first season and they’ve gotten even worse in seasons two and three. The three installments of new season have averaged a 0.57 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.98 million viewers. Season-to-season, that’s down by 34% in the demo and down by 22% in viewership. Based on the numbers, NBC should have cancelled the series long ago..."
Check out C.C. 95's post a little ways up the page, mate. There are networks/channels where those numbers would be considered to be quite decent. Poor ratings on NBC don't necessarily mean that that the likes of Netflix or Amazon Prime wouldn't be interested, you know? Likewise, cable channels and whatnot. Community is another NBC show with similar ratings that was cancelled... but then saved by Yahoo.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I think if it is to be saved it must lighten up a tad it's taking itself horrendously seriously particularly this third season, it reminds me of that newer dracula series that got cancelled after one season .

I love the actors and the show but if it was to rerun I think it would need perhaps speed up a bit, it can be soooo slow and also I think slightly less gore may help it reach a wider audience.

I am sad, I did like it :(

I think if it is to be saved it must lighten up a tad it's taking itself horrendously seriously particularly this third season, it reminds me of that newer dracula series that got cancelled after one season .

I love the actors and the show but if it was to rerun I think it would need perhaps speed up a bit, it can be soooo slow and also I think slightly less gore may help it reach a wider audience.

I am sad, I did like it :(

I wouldn't change a thing. And no need to be so resigned just yet. Bryan Fuller and the show's production companies haven't given up :)

Reactions: Flash
Each to their own, something perhaps does need to change that they have viewed it so poorly as to cancel it. It is a shame as it did have lots of good qualities I love Mads as hannibal, and Michael Pitt was awesome as Mason Verger (was so disappointed to hear he had left and it's been recast) was also looking forward to seeing Richard Armitage as the tooth fairy.
I loved Laurence fishburne in it.

We shall see..

Each to their own, something perhaps does need to change that they have viewed it so poorly as to cancel it. It is a shame as it did have lots of good qualities I love Mads as hannibal, and Michael Pitt was awesome as Mason Verger (was so disappointed to hear he had left and it's been recast) was also looking forward to seeing Richard Armitage as the tooth fairy.
I loved Laurence fishburne in it.

We shall see..
But they didn't view the show poorly really. It was/is their most critically acclaimed show (AV Club called it the best show of 2014) - You can either change things and dumb it down to make it more accessible or you can stay true to your artistic vision and make something unique. Bryan Fuller and co... opted for the latter. And you can still look forward to seeing Richard Armitage as The Tooth Fairy. We've still got ten episodes left after all :)

Reactions: C.C. 95
Deeply gutted this has been cancelled....:(:(:(:(:(:((n)

The most beautifully shot, incredibly acted, stylish show on TV... And the sound design (score) for each episode is out of this world....:headphone: I will savour :naughty: these last 10 episodes and hope it gets picked up by a cable network.....

Gutted.

To me the most fashionable, fascinating, exhilarating, exciting, mind blowing, we'll acted, perfect casted, beautifully filtered, crazy for detail direction of photography, mesmerizing series there is, but too bad it doesn't sell to a big audience.

Or at least big enough audience for the network.

To me this is up the alley with true detective season 1, but so lesser loved.

Shame. I feel sad.

Hannibal S2 > True Detective S1 for me. I really, really, really hope they get to finish the series as planned.