Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (OAB #53 - Blufans) [China]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: October 2021
Group buy: TBA
Note: 2 editions.
SteelBook edition includes: 3 Discs (4K + BD + BD 20 years of movie magic)+ single lenti slip + photo booklet + two sets of movie art cards + Hogwarts Express ticket + numbered sticker. Limited to 300 copies.
Amaray edition includes: 2 Discs (4K + BD 20 years of movie magic) + single lenti slip + photo booklet + two sets of movie art cards + Hogwarts Express ticket + numbered sticker. Limited to 200 copies.

51471410094_d69074f964_k.jpg51470934568_614eb8ea64_k.jpg
D29E7A19-DCDE-4CF9-8A2D-5B88BA3635AB.jpeg

Last edited:
There's some kind of BD missing as well.

Depending on what kind of amaray they use, and how precise/tight their boxes/slips are. Steels are 15mm thick. UK amarays and criterion cases are 14mm. But I think they probably made one set of boxes for everything, don't know why they shorted out on steels, as we know, ordering 1000 costs the same as 3000, unless they're some kind of Chinese knock-off steels, so amaray editions will probably be already a little loose, with room to spare for a steel to fit in.
It's just the old 1080p disc, which is essentially replicated on the 20th anniversary movie magic 1080p disc again anyway... but still, that's within the steelbook Itself. So as I said, the sets are the same, other than steelbook vs amaray.

They're both exactly the same size as well, so don't worry about that. Blufans have simply made 500 sets, but could only obtain 300 steels to fill them. Hence the secondary amaray allocation.

Blufans have simply made 500 sets, but could only obtain 300 steels to fill them. Hence the secondary amaray allocation.
They can order 200 more on Amazon (or every distributor) if they want!

More than 100$ for a slip with an amaray is just bs. After the 100$ Nova Apocalypse Now the 100$ HP amaray! Next round, the 100$ exclusive booklet!

They can order 200 more on Amazon (or every distributor) if they want!

More than 100$ for a slip with an amaray is just bs. After the 100$ Nova Apocalypse Now the 100$ HP amaray! Next round, the 100$ exclusive booklet!
No, they can't lol that isn't how it works at all. They are a retailer themselves and have stock directly from the distributor in their region. They don't buy from other 3rd party retailers, or other regions. 300 is evidently all the distributor could allocate them.

Inital VIP demand massively superceded 300 though, so they opted to increase the run to 500 by including 200 amaray's instead. Better than nothing...

I'm not arguing the prices are a touch ridiculous, but that is what it is. It's the OAB package that's the expensive part, not the wwa steel or amaray.

Reactions: NetNinja
I'm not arguing the prices are a touch ridiculous, but that is what it is. It's the OAB package that's the expensive part, not the wwa steel or amaray.
They had all that printed for $10-15 max...
I like 'maculature' very much, I just don’t want to support something so ridiculous. The sooner majority does the same, the better the prices will be.
Otherwise it's a scary destination we, as collectors of physical media, are heading, since there might be a time when only small distributors with small print parties will be left to tend to "those crazy stupid people that buy physical boxes to collect dust, and that cannot be watched on my VR crystal I had embedded in a cheekbone"...

They had all that printed for $10-15 max...
I like 'maculature' very much, I just don’t want to support something so ridiculous. The sooner majority does the same, the better the prices will be.
Otherwise it's a scary destination we, as collectors of physical media, are heading, since there might be a time when only small distributors with small print parties will be left to tend to "those crazy stupid people that buy physical boxes to collect dust, and that cannot be watched on my VR crystal I had embedded in a cheekbone"...
I have no idea how much the slips and extras cost... so not to speculate, but for such a limited print run I'd expect the net to be more than $15.

Either way, I meant the OAB package it what's expensive at retail, it's what the consumer is actually paying for. Which is always the case with any tarted up premium WWA release tbh.

Not to defend either's pricing, but FAC editions (particularly in recent years) have been no different in that respect.

Reactions: NetNinja
Not to defend either's pricing, but FAC editions (particularly in recent years) have been no different in that respect.

Yeah, they've raised their prices for sure, but everyone did, and they're ordering their printing not in a universally known for cheap production costs countries, so I'm thinking their profit margin is lower.
I was surprised by how much more FACs cost here in group buys, due to local tax/vat not being subtracted, and 10 or so percent added on top of that.
Shipping is cheaper here though, almost twice as cheap, around 500 CZK vs 950 I have to pay. We have a great guy on our forum that has like 4 or 5 numbers under 750, so he does his own mini-group buys to offset that shipping, and overall I still get them $30 cheaper, than would here (my own number doesn't always get within the print limit, I registered a bit late).

But I understand what you mean, we're all paying for the booklets and slips and such. Especially since most already own the movie itself.

Like what's been done before with HDZETA and IT Chapter 2.....
You say that like HDZ was jumping for joy they had to sell empty slips. They only did it because there was no other option.
Also, those editions are not as in demand as they would have been had they had steels. That's important too from a collecting POV.

Reactions: samdavies
You say that like HDZ was jumping for joy they had to sell empty slips. They only did it because there was no other option.
Also, those editions are not as in demand as they would have been had they had steels. That's important too from a collecting POV.
Agreed. Resellers were struggling to sell sealed empty hdz br2049 DL slips on ebay for £25 for ageees.

That's only relevant if you're a scalper or give a sh!t about what the price will be in 6 months from now... Who cares? It sickens me that most of these go to people who never even open it and enjoy the fruits if it. Just looking at it collecting dust on its plastic! Sad!

There are also people who wanted this and could have put their steelbook into the empty slip. You can argue you can still do this, yes, but at a cost of paying €100 for the Amaray first.....? No thanks.

That's only relevant if you're a scalper or give a sh!t about what the price will be in 6 months from now... Who cares? It sickens me that most of these go to people who never even open it and enjoy the fruits if it. Just looking at it collecting dust on its plastic! Sad!

There are also people who wanted this and could have put their steelbook into the empty slip. You can argue you can still do this, yes, but at a cost of paying €100 for the Amaray first.....? No thanks.
Agreed, apart from the last bit. I've bought the wwa 4k zavvi steel for £15 recently, if that were paired with the $100 amaray edition, it'd essentially have only cost £5 more than the $115 steelbook edition.

Plus, for that you've also got an exclusive 4k amaray (inc the 20yrs movie magic blu, which retails for £15 alone rn) you can't buy anywhere else, to do with what you wish.

Yes I'd prefer the steelbook edition myself (perhaps purely because my gut is telling me how much more in demand it is), but given I'd open it anyway, the alternative isn't such a bad option when you break it down like that.

Reactions: StifflersDad
So I disappear for a few years and they decide to release a new HP set? What is happening here will this be a complete set release eventually. Looks like secondary marker for me, which is fine. Not collecting anything that won't be complete.

So I disappear for a few years and they decide to release a new HP set? What is happening here will this be a complete set release eventually. Looks like secondary marker for me, which is fine. Not collecting anything that won't be complete.
I'd be surprised if this wasn't just a one off. It all hinges on whether WB release a new set of WWA 4K steels with this art continuation. This WWA looks to be a one off anniversary release, so again, I'd be surprised if others materialise.

I'd be surprised if this wasn't just a one off. It all hinges on whether WB release a new set of WWA 4K steels with this art continuation. This WWA looks to be a one off anniversary release, so again, I'd be surprised if others materialise.
Thanks. Back to hibernation mode