Harry Potter & Deathly Hallows Pt 2 (7/15/2011) & Series Thread

What is your favorite Harry Potter movie?

• Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

• Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

• Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
harryall.jpg

As the saga is officially coming to and end this July, with the release of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2, I thought I'd add a thread to discuss the entire franchise of films. Which is your favorite, why? Least favorite? Do you own the flicks? Who's your favorite character? And if you dare...how old were you when you saw the first flick?

New Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 2 Trailer-4/27/2011:

Have fun!

Per Wiki:

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Part 1 (2010)
Part 2 (2011)

Last edited by a moderator:
Prisoner of Azkaban for me. Robert Rodriguez knows how to bring his imagination to life. HP4 was also good, but not as fantastic as HP3. The first two were good as well, but a little subdued. HP5 and on though, and the series diverges too much from the books and breaks down a little...They really messed up the
Snape kills Dumbledore
scene.

I really enjoyed the 1st and last flick. The last film (before Deathly Part 1) was almost unbearable for me-it just lulled. However, I do like the darkness depicted in these last two films (I am hoping they manage to preserve the atmosphere from Part 1, in part 2).

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Deathly Hallows Part 1

These are by far my favorite of them all so far. I too hope the darker feel that has been used for the last two films remains the same. I am hoping for a great ending to the series.

I really enjoyed the 1st and last flick. The last film (before Deathly Part 1) was almost unbearable for me-it just lulled. However, I do like the darkness depicted in these last two films (I am hoping they manage to preserve the atmosphere from Part 1, in part 2).

i agree,i do love the more mature Vision of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 then the film's before..

Yeah, can't wait for the conclusion. I've read all of the books. A bunch of friends and I are trying to get a big group together for IMAX, so we can see it together. Been a part of our lives for a few years, so that would be kinda cool:)

im gonna have to go see this movie alone some time soon. no one around here i know likes the HP series :(

its ok, i saw the 4th movie by myself :movie:

I think the final one will be the darkest yet. Just judging by the final book and how they are saying that it is the most faithful adaptation in the series yet. I cant wait. We got the marathon tickets. They are doing part 1 and 2 back to back on Thursday. and you get collectible Harry Potter 3d glasses with it :scat:

Nice, Kings, enjoy! 9 of us, who have read the books over the years are seeing the last flick together in a real IMAX 3D. We're all stoked-Harry's Legacy has been part of our lives for so long-crazy:)

Nice, Kings, enjoy! 9 of us, who have read the books over the years are seeing the last flick together in a real IMAX 3D. We're all stoked-Harry's Legacy has been part of our lives for so long-crazy:)

I often pondered about reading them but I just never got around to it. I'm glad is coming to an end.

I read the first 3 books, but have only seen the films on DVD, and later Blu-ray. I know they decided to split the last book into 2 films because there was too much material, but why does Deathly Hallows 1 have so many time wasting long lingering shots of people standing or sitting around. Nice location photography though and have generally enjoyed them all.

OK so who's been, or who's going, to see the Deathly Hallows Part 2 today then ? I'll probably wait till Monday when there's less kids ! Won't vote till after seen the film though.