Harry Potter & Deathly Hallows Pt 2 (7/15/2011) & Series Thread

What is your favorite Harry Potter movie?

• Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

• Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

• Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
harryall.jpg

As the saga is officially coming to and end this July, with the release of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2, I thought I'd add a thread to discuss the entire franchise of films. Which is your favorite, why? Least favorite? Do you own the flicks? Who's your favorite character? And if you dare...how old were you when you saw the first flick?

New Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 2 Trailer-4/27/2011:

Have fun!

Per Wiki:

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Part 1 (2010)
Part 2 (2011)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so who's been, or who's going, to see the Deathly Hallows Part 2 today then ? I'll probably wait till Monday when there's less kids ! Won't vote till after seen the film though.

I'll probably be there over the weekend. I thought about today, but I carpool and my friend has no ride home so yeah I can't go tonight.

Pmartin,haha, meantime I LOVED the lingering shots in DH1. It really conveyed the "brewing storm" and battle coming, for me. And I loved the cinematography. I am going to re-watch it this evening, before heading out to real IMAX 3D tomorrow, with rest of my crew;)

I went to the midnight screening of HP 7.2 last night. The theater at my house showed all 8 films, 2 per day, leading up to the midnight launch.

I wont spoil anything for anyone just yet. I'll give the film a few days before I discuss specifics... But it felt WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to short and rushed.

We were 9 people and we really enjoyed it but I agree Jefx-some parts were very rushed. Still a fitting end to an amazing series, and the books are well worth a read for anyone willing to still give a little magic in their lives, a chance-whether child or Adult, imo.

Pics of the home made, personalized Hogwarts Acceptance letters I made (I put my friend's Fandango tix inside the letters), as a little personalized gift for this last film), are attached. My wife and I had fun recreating Harry's original letter:) As I am a movie nerd, love doing this stuff if I have time, especially with something that has been a part of many of our friends lives for over a decade-they all loved them as a little memento of our last IMAX Harry Potter group outing:)

Attachments

• home made hogwarts acceptance letters-digitalbabe2_i.jpg
    home made hogwarts acceptance letters-digitalbabe2_i.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 66
  • home made hogwarts acceptance letters-digitalbabe4.jpg
    home made hogwarts acceptance letters-digitalbabe4.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 72
  • home made hogwarts acceptance letters-digitalbabe3.jpg
    home made hogwarts acceptance letters-digitalbabe3.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Went and saw it last night. I agree that they did try and rush a little and cram it all in but that seemed to be the Status Quo with these movies. Being somebody who read all of the books multiple times I never really was a fan of any of the movies until I watched DH1. It seemed like the only one that was able to effectively convey the darkness of the whole situation that was portrayed in the books. However, If I didn't read the books and therefor didn't know what was being left out in the movies, I would say that standalone these last two films were epic and a must see.

Also, The trailer for TDKR before with Batman backing away from Bane. WICKED.

We were 9 people and we really enjoyed it but I agree Jefx-some parts were very rushed. Still a fitting end to an amazing series, and the books are well worth a read for anyone willing to still give a little magic in their lives, a chance-whether child or Adult, imo.

Pics of the home made, personalized Hogwarts Acceptance letters I made (I put my friend's Fandango tix inside the letters), as a little personalized gift for this last film), are attached. My wife and I had fun recreating Harry's original letter:) As I am a movie nerd, love doing this stuff if I have time, especially with something that has been a part of many of our friends lives for over a decade-they all loved them as a little memento of our last IMAX Harry Potter group outing:)

<3 <3 <3 those acceptance letters!!!!!

Went and saw it last night. I agree that they did try and rush a little and cram it all in but that seemed to be the Status Quo with these movies. Being somebody who read all of the books multiple times I never really was a fan of any of the movies until I watched DH1. It seemed like the only one that was able to effectively convey the darkness of the whole situation that was portrayed in the books. However, If I didn't read the books and therefor didn't know what was being left out in the movies, I would say that standalone these last two films were epic and a must see.

Also, The trailer for TDKR before with Batman backing away from Bane. WICKED.

I didn't get to see the freaking TDKR trailer... We got stupid flipping Happy Feet 2 instead... ugh.

I really liked HP1 and HP2... Then when they switched directors the 3rd took a major dump... Then since then they've always felt WAAAYYYY too short; unfortunately.

One of my friends, who never read the books, just asked me WHY Snape was the half-blood prince.

Seems like something you might want to cover if making the film!

Anyway. It's what we're "stuck" with no matter if I like it or not... So I guess I can always hope they filmed an extended version. :D

But I did like the film a lot! Just wish it was longer...

AND

I didn't really care that any of the characters died except Snape. We never saw anyone die so when we came back and saw the lifeless bodies it was like, ok they're dead. Unlike in the books where it was SO much more powerful.

Then when Harry died I was super let down with how unemotional that was. As a filmmaker there are SO many things about that piece that I would have done differently.

Lastly, I don't even want to get started about the anticlimatic death of Voldemort... This director SUCKS at delivering great in-depth battle scenes. He can maintain them for short bursts. But he certainly can't end them in a satisfying manner.

Hey Jef-thanks, glad you like them! The last 2 flicks and the 1st are my favorites. When I saw DH1, I was really enthralled. The "coming storm" was captured really well. I have to agree on the death scene of Voldemort, and the end was a bit abrupt as well.

ok,
i just saw this today, as far as movies go, didnt really do it for me, well, like Transformers Dark of the Moon did lol. in a way i thought kind of lame, wondering who is gonna win total boxoffice reciepts, this or transformers lol

I liked the majority of the film, however, there were plenty of scenes that left me wondering what the director was thinking. I never read the books and I am leaving this as a close chapter to a great series. I am not digging any further details and this is it. :D

I can't help but to wonder how he left many of the real emotional pieces with such little emotion. Harry's death along with many of their friends who died. It was all nice and dandy. There was no real dispair or the feeling of darkness in the film.