Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 17, 2023
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $39.99

joyride_beautyshot-exploded_view_us_final-1.jpg

haunted-mansion-best-buy-4k-uhd-steelbook-closed.png

Last edited:
I wasn’t really up for this due to the poor ratings but whacked it on because I fancied a kids horror film in my Halloween marathon and tbh I really enjoyed this. Thought everyone was brilliant and enjoyed the story and visuals. I went in thinking it was going to be cringe and it wasn’t at all. Will defo pick the steel up when it hits the U.K.

Also watched the muppets haunted mansion that was also brilliant :rofl:

Which finish does the Steelbook use? Judging by the pictures, it could be matt or satin.

Was the Steelbook also released outside the USA?

Matte. US only.
If the SteelBook is USA only release and was manufactured in North America Scanavo Plant it would be a Satin Finish.

If you not already noticed Scanavo website don’t list Matte varnish for SteelBooks made in Americas that is why you only see them list finishes as been either Satin or Spot Gloss or Glossy.

Matte Varnish is used when a SteelBook is made in Europe.

Note
Some USA releases can be matte when it’s a Americas/Europe shared release as in the SteelBook print run was in made in Scanavo Europe Plant

Satin is a different varnish but lot of collector’s mistake as been Matte.

Satin has a little sheen while matte is more flat.
At first glance can be hard to notice the differences that is why lot make the mistake as Satin is similar in brightness to Matte

Scanavo Specification
Screenshot of PDF
Varnish

IMG_0162.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Greyback
Whatever the finish this is one of the best steelbook of the year!!! Wish it would come out in EU because importing it is to expensive.

Yeah shipping for just one item is pretty pricey. Only works in your favor if you can source a few steelbooks at a time.

Reactions: Billy Talent