Help! on Sharp Aquos HDTV! lines on screen!

jbsolo

Premium Supporter
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
Hey guys...

I am not sure if someone in my house or my kids pressed a setting or the TV is really broken...but I see fin mesh lines on the screen that I don't really know how to take out, not sure if something is broken inside or I can just do a re-set or anything...

Anybody here who's an expert about this? I can't find any real answer online!

The TV is a Sharp Aquos LC-52D62U
cheers!

Hey guys...

I am not sure if someone in my house or my kids pressed a setting or the TV is really broken...but I see fin mesh lines on the screen that I don't really know how to take out, not sure if something is broken inside or I can just do a re-set or anything...

Anybody here who's an expert about this? I can't find any real answer online!

The TV is a Sharp Aquos LC-52D62U
cheers!

Hey buddy... without pictures its hard to diagnose what the issue is. I mean lines can be anything from a soon to be dead tv to just banding issues.

Picture would be much better to help you.

Hey buddy... without pictures its hard to diagnose what the issue is. I mean lines can be anything from a soon to be dead tv to just banding issues.

Picture would be much better to help you.

ok...i'll try to see if I can take pictures tomorrow!
it's like a fine mesh of lines...very noticable when you are in regular TV mode
or when you are changing INPUTS....you can see lines...

ok...i'll try to see if I can take pictures tomorrow!
it's like a fine mesh of lines...very noticable when you are in regular TV mode
or when you are changing INPUTS....you can see lines...

ok, make sure you post pics. Sadly it could be a sign of a LCD panel on its way out.... :(

How many hours you figure you have logged on the tv, roughly if you had to guess?

Yeah need pics ... I think I may know what yoru talking about as I know a friend who had a similar situation but I gotta see pic to be able to compare. he had a plasma tho.

if it looks anything like this it is banding, sharp tvs are known for banding problems more than any other make

banding-300x225.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jbsolo