Hernia!!

bigwednesday0

Premium Supporter
Oct 18, 2012
Manchester
Hi fellow Ninjas
Late July, I will be going into Hospital for a hernia operation. Yikes!
I was wondering if any of you guys have had this operation?
I'm gonna be off work for a couple of weeks. I can't go running, I can't drive . Think I'm gonna be sooooo bored.
Does anybody have a tips on what to expect and how to speed my recovery?
Any suggestions will be gratefully received! [emoji106]

• Informative
Reactions: PunkNinja
@bigwednesday0

Yhea I have experience :ohno: . Par ambilical that lead on to the very incey tiny start of Overian Cancer :squint: . You wont have that problem mind you :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .

Driving will come check with your insurance company , they ussualy say clear it with your Quack's I mean Doctors .

Depending on size and diffculty depends on recovery time . Sounds of it rest plenty . Little light exorcise to start with build up stedy and slowly .

A guy who Rich works with had it done abut 3 months ago and ALL GOOD now .

Basicly DO AS YOU ARE TOLD :grumpy: .

Reactions: bigwednesday0
@bigwednesday0 OUCH! :pain: :blackeye: :ohno: Wish you the best on the surgery my friend! :thumbs: Never had a hernia so I have no idea the pain you must be experiencing :(

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12985-1378750861-42.gif

It will all go well SURE of it main thing at the first about 4 to 6 weeks is REST .

Another thing you might want to ask about is a surgical support . They take messurements and manufacture a reinforced strap / belt depending on area and severity . If you need one you have to wear it just to hold the weakness in place as not to undo any stitching .

Could be worth asking a question :) .

It will all go well SURE of it main thing at the first about 4 to 6 weeks is REST .

Another thing you might want to ask about is a surgical support . They take messurements and manufacture a reinforced strap / belt depending on area and severity . If you need one you have to wear it just to hold the weakness in place as not to undo any stitching .

Could be worth asking a question :) .
Thank you Nurse Ann!! [emoji106][emoji3][emoji13][emoji5]️

Reactions: Scary Hair
Been there mate. I was back in work after 2 weeks. I didn't feel any pain or discomfort after the operation. I was in hospital in the morning, operated on at lunchtime and back home by 7pm and just spend 2 weeks watching TV and taking it easy. It'll take a few months for the scar to disappear. I had no problems and there were no problems post op.

BORED????? Haven't you got loads of films you can watch :p

Seriously, a guy in my office just had this op, he was off work for a week (he sits at a desk all day ;) ) and was fully mobile after about 2 weeks (won't go into too much detail but he IS a sex maniac ;) )

Good luck with the OP, and take it easy afterwards, listen to the medical staff they will give you the best advice :thumbs:

Ron