Hi-Def Audio Hi-Def Blu-ray Chat-Want List/Favorite Music/Concert/Performance?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
I'd say the Up In Smoke tour ... as their isnt going to be any Texas ones ... or atleast a port of the Method Man concert from HD-DVD.

hidefmusic blu-ray.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved 'Concert For George', an all-star gathering (Clapton, Paul & Ringo, Petty, many others) celebrating his music at the Royal Albert Hall. Rocking & touching at the same time, also a great reminder of the depth of George's library. Plus one of the most goose-bumpy finales I've ever seen.

Of course, there's a Ravi Shankar bit at the beginning I always have to skip over - but hey, that's why they have menus, right?

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Also big on the 25th anniversary Rock & Roll HOF concert - some great pairings (Jeff Beck & Stevie Wonder?!?, U2 & Bruce) performing tasty selections...plus a killer version of 'Gimme Shelter' by Fergie, Jagger & U2.

Haven't heard anything official, but I'm sure Roger Water's recent tour of 'The Wall' will be released on blu. At $250 for a decent ticket, I'm sure it will be very difficult for him to pa$$ up milking it for everything he can.

At least it appeared to be very well done...the clips I saw were outstanding. I'd definitely pick it up - especially since I passed on the $250! Gilmour did appear for 'Comfortably Numb' once at the end of the tour - and Waters seemed happier to have him there than Gilmour was about being there!

That was a goodie - got it as a gift & really dug it. Surprised to see EC with the brief cameo, but it smoked for sure. I've seen him locally in a small theatre & it's a treat. He was in that prodigy class of 16 year old blues guitarists that included Kenny Wayne Shepherd & Johnny Lang.

I thought the oddest thing was seeing the audience in their seats for so munch of the show. Definitely different than US audiences. I must be getting old - floor seats are starting to lose their appeal...I like jamming on my butt!

51oQ5FQqJML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Within Temptation - Black Symphony (Blu-ray und DVD)[Region A & B & C] £14.99
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001CTUI8M/?tag=hidefnin-21

I also have the DVD but this is SO much better.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

51HEqPX52kL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nightwish: End of an Era $21.98
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00284G2IA/?tag=hidefnin-20

I also have the DVD of this and again this is much better. Further whilst it doesn't say so it is Region A & B compatible (dunno about C though).

+1

I also recommend Adele: Live at Royal Albert Hall.
http://www.amazon.com/Adele-Live-Royal-Albert-Blu-ray/dp/B005Z271Y6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1349617205&sr=8-2&keywords=adele+live+at+the+royal+albert+hall

i go to at least 10-15 concerts a year , best ones seen are kasabian , coldplay , elbow and arcade fire
best live blu rays ive seen kasibian and kings of leon

5.1 of course

Pink Floyd The Wall (studio album)

These on video and 5.1:

Alison Krauss (HD concert filmed in Louisville and released on SACD)

Sarah McLachlan (Surfacing live PPV concert in 1998)

Madonna Blond Ambition (France and Japan concerts in 1990, audio by Pioneer)